Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2011 6:47:15 PM EDT
does anyone know if the magpul sling is in stock anywhere?! the only place ive seen them is on ebay but i dont trust those as being real magpul.... also preferably looking for the dark earth sling to be in stock, so if anyone knows, the help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#1]
well if anyone is in my boat i just went for one on ebay, i just made sure it wasnt shipping from china or japan.  And it clearly says magpul ms2 sling.  I think what also was throwing me off was some of the listings said for airsoft.  I guess magpul is known throughout the airsoft world also, so that made me less nervous once i found that out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

well if anyone is in my boat i just went for one on ebay, i just made sure it wasnt shipping from china or japan.  And it clearly says magpul ms2 sling.  I think what also was throwing me off was some of the listings said for airsoft.  I guess magpul is known throughout the airsoft world also, so that made me less nervous once i found that out.

Well..they have a PTS brand as well, which is Magpul's airsoft line.

They also have stuff that is straight clone/fake, and not magpul at all.

That being said, there are better sling choices than Magpul's if you want a convertible.
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#3]
yea i realized that about the airsoft line, but i ended up ordering one a few hours ago(not the pts line) i just hope its not fake but there is a 7 day return so if I find its fake itll go back.  Is there anything that shows its a fake sling that I can look for? I know about the ubr stocks, but i havent read anything on how to spot a fake ms2.  What would be your suggestions instead of magpul, just in case?
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

yea i realized that about the airsoft line, but i ended up ordering one a few hours ago(not the pts line) i just hope its not fake but there is a 7 day return so if I find its fake itll go back.  Is there anything that shows its a fake sling that I can look for? I know about the ubr stocks, but i havent read anything on how to spot a fake ms2.  What would be your suggestions instead of magpul, just in case?

Endom, Tac-strap, a ton of others I cannot remember even though we talk about them so much.

Fake MS2 usually sells around the $10. Has the Magpul logo on the rear attachment, but doesn't say PTS and isn't a velcro. Is not double stitched. Metal was pot metal.
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
oh ok i think i might be on the safe side, but thanks for the info!  Yea ive been reading about slings and rear sights and these two things are harder to decide on then the rifle itself
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The magpul sling works well for what it was intended to do. Get your rifle out of the way so you can draw your secondary.
It can also be put into a 2 point conversion, but I haven't had a need to use it yet.

If you want to, I'd say wait for SKD to get some back in stock. They're G2G
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
does anyone know if the magpul sling is in stock anywhere?! the only place ive seen them is on ebay but i dont trust those as being real magpul.... also preferably looking for the dark earth sling to be in stock, so if anyone knows, the help would be appreciated

I was going to come here today and post the same thing. I decided to call the local range Friday and they said they had them. Said $70. I like to choked. I figured local ehh $55 max I said thank you and hung up.

Link Posted: 4/18/2011 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey yea i ended up going with one on ebay for 35,  this is the same guy listing another one http://cgi.ebay.com/MAGPUL-MS2-SLING-multi-mission-sling-system-/160575075928?_trksid=p4340.m506&_trkparms=algo%3DNGRI%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D160574171711%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8547385870436135041#ht_500wt_1156

It seems legit but im waiting to receive it, the buckles do look like metal not plastic and its definetly not pts so i hope im in the clear, and also he has a 7 day return period which it seemed like most of the others said no returns accepted so im pretty sure its the real deal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2011 11:22:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought one off ebay from gi_jojo (ebay user name) for $35 with free s/h and it's a real one. If you can find one from him you should be ok. At the time I got mine he had several but idk about now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bought one off ebay from gi_jojo (ebay user name) for $35 with free s/h and it's a real one. If you can find one from him you should be ok. At the time I got mine he had several but idk about now.

No, its not.  You bought a $10-20 fake, you just overpaid for it.  I searched the closed auctions for that user.  The pictures on his MS2 slings are of the knockoffs. The lockjaw design gives it away. Thse are 100% fake.  Notice also that everything else they are selling is also either fake or airsoft.  I know it probably came in the same package with same material as the real ones b/c that is how the airsoft sites ship theirs also.  The person that posted above you, the seller turned the lockjaw so you can't the bottom.  This one is only a 99% chance its fake.  Notice the seller is also only selling other knockoff products, or airsoft products.  For either the selling price would not allow for them to sell at this price for profit, which should be the biggest tip off to you.  They also appear to have no problems getting product, I think other vendors are out b/c we are between the ms2 and ms3 switch.  The thing that sucks for both of you is not that you paid that much for a knockoff, but you could have bought a EMDOM Gunslinger or Tackstrap, both of which is better than a real MS2/3, for the same money.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#11]
well thanks for the help, luckily the guy i bought from has a 7 day money back return policy so as soon as it arrives ill be sending it right back lol sucks about the shipping i have to pay but im not looking to have a fake and ill definetly look into the gunslinger
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Original S.O.E. 1 to 2 point convertible sling
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#13]
There probably not going to show up again.  Last time I talked to my dist sales rep, the story was that they were putting their efforts into their new design.  It allows them to control the product more because they will no longer outsource for anything.  Who knows though when we'll see the new ones.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#14]
does anyone know specifically what to look for on a fake ms2? When it does come id rather not just send it back if it is possibly real.... pictures or even just describing what would be "off" would help....and also would the fake not be good, like would it fall apart or anything, or is it just the fact that its fake offputting(if thats a word)?
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Except for the part that I paid a reasonable price and unless the fakes are EXACTLY the same as the one I had it next to in the gun store this one's real. Yes he sells PTS stuff as well. No velcro and all the parts match confirmed ones in the store. You just have to ask questions and make sure you aren't ordering his airsoft stuff by accident.

And if it IS a fake it's a damn good one and I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2011 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Except for the part that I paid a reasonable price and unless the fakes are EXACTLY the same as the one I had it next to in the gun store this one's real. Yes he sells PTS stuff as well. No velcro and all the parts match confirmed ones in the store. You just have to ask questions and make sure you aren't ordering his airsoft stuff by accident.

And if it IS a fake it's a damn good one and I'm happy with it.

That's the thing...they ARE exactly the same as the real ones, except  the metal and material is much cheaper. Show me a picture of the threading on yours.

They even come in Magpul bags with labels and all.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top