Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2010 5:16:58 PM EDT
I'm looking for a double soft case for two ARs.  I ordered a Tac Force double case that simply doesn't fit two guns especially with optics and has insufficient padding.  I'm going to return it and look for something else.  Any recommendation welcome.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm very happy with my two 5.11 double cases that I got from LAPG.  Link

Excellent padding, 'backpack straps' as well as a normal shoulder strap, webbing for MOLLE gear, velcro tabs included to secure the gun inside the case.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Evike.com they are an airsoft site but I picked up a very sturdy well padded double rifle case with detachable mag and accessory pouches, carry handle and shoulder straps.   for about $69. I found the very same case on other sites for twice as much.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like my Voodoo case
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I will second the Voodoo case, but i will say make sure to order it from sportsmans guide. Half the price they are asking on voodoo's site.
Voodoo case

Not sold as voodoo cases, but everyone who has gotten them so far has the tags on them. I know I am waiting for my two to get here

Pat
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I was very disapointed in the TAC Force case I ordered.  There was no way I could get two guns in there.  Also there was very little padding and there were no internal refraining traps.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 6:46:55 AM EDT
[#6]
No one recommended that case on here
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Another +1 for the Voodoo Tactical case.

I can haul an AR with an Aimpoint and an FNC with a Millet on it, at the same time, with ease.
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got the 36" 5.11 bag from LA Police gear too. Very nice bag. Has internal molle straps so you can position everything just right. If I recall the Voodoo case doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/31/2010 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I will second the Voodoo case, but i will say make sure to order it from sportsmans guide. Half the price they are asking on voodoo's site.
Voodoo case

Not sold as voodoo cases, but everyone who has gotten them so far has the tags on them. I know I am waiting for my two to get here

Pat

Another +1 on the VooDoo case.  Had mine for a year (I think), and it's still going strong.  Best double-rifle soft case for the money, IMO.

There's a coupon code for $5 off at SG.  Google should bring it up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2010 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Voodoo case

Pat

+1.  What poster above said.  Have two of them and very pleased.  They were tagged as Voodoo when they arrived.  Even if they weren't these are good cases.  They have the inside pockets for handguns too.  Simply cannot beat the price / quality mix on these from SG.

Link Posted: 11/4/2010 2:59:15 AM EDT
[#11]
+1 for Vodoo Tactical.   If you want to take two rifles of ANY type, you might want to look at thier Dual Rifle Drag bag.   It is large.  No, really large.   Easily holds two of whatever rifles + 2 pistols + massive amont of gear.   I can put an AR + scoped hunting rifle.   Even our longest shotgun fits.   It is huge.  I Don't take it all the time (have many other soft cases), but when I need the room, it's great.   Did I mention it's really large  

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=MOLLE-414

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-26-military-style-sniper-rifle-drag-bag-from-voodoo-tactical.aspx

Edited to correct links.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 6:28:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Man, I wish I had read this thread before ordering by case. I ordered the 36" Voodoo Tactical case direct from them a few days ago. It should be here today. Next time, I'll definitely go through Sportsman's Guide...
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Just don't expect Voodoo or 5.11 cases to hold up to hard use.

I have Eagle and TT cases for each of my weapon platforms
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't know about the other brands mentioned but if ordering the Voodoo case be sure to measure your gear.  My rifles measured a hair under 42" with a suppressor mounted and I forget the height with the scope.  Anyways when Voodoo says 42" ( or whatever) for a rifle, that's the max that will fit.  Don't expect to "squeeze in" and extra inch or so for a snug fit in the case.  My approximately 41 3/4" rifles fits the 42" case like a glove...

Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a 42" Voodoo case

Kept the AR on one side, and my shotgun on the other. Only complaint was it was EXTREMELY heavy if you loaded the external pockets with mags and/or ammo.

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Care to elaborate on this a little?
Link Posted: 11/14/2010 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I honestly don't give a shit about chinese cases or whatever.

It's not like you are going to be using the case as a weapon. It is a means of transporting the weapon to where you plan to use it.

"ZOMG my case started falling apart after I used it as a ladder while wearing cleats, cheap shit!!"

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not like you are going to be using the case as a weapon. It is a means of transporting the weapon to where you plan to use it.

"ZOMG my case started falling apart after I used it as a ladder while wearing cleats, cheap shit!!"

Lol, yeah, exactly.  I've been just trying to figure out if Eagle cases are really worth the extra 50 bucks or so that they are.  the 5.11 case is nice but I do like the pocket on the Eagle discreet case a little more I think.

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I usually buy Eagle but this time I got the voodoo one. Great case for the money ( buy it at SG). I wish eagle would make a similar design but they are stuck with old 90's designs on their cases.
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 6:45:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, yeah, exactly.  I've been just trying to figure out if Eagle cases are really worth the extra 50 bucks or so that they are.  the 5.11 case is nice but I do like the pocket on the Eagle discreet case a little more I think.

Well, I think the Eagle cases are worth the extra cheese in certain circumstances.  For example:  I have an Eagle Hybrid Sniper Drag bag/case and I love it for my bolt guns and shooting long range.  

But, for this use, I have to agree that it is simply "transportation" for the weapon.  I don't think you should buy something cheap at K-Mart, but you don't have to spend $200 on a carbine case either.  I have a case that was made by 5.11 or VooDoo (crap, I can't remember now) that they make for Barrett Firearms and I am very pleased...

Just my .02
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Voodoo case

Pat

+1

I have the 42 inch model. It works like a charm.

Link Posted: 11/16/2010 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I had a 42" Voodoo case

Kept the AR on one side, and my shotgun on the other. Only complaint was it was EXTREMELY heavy if you loaded the external pockets with mags and/or ammo.  

Vodoo Tactical user too, +1 on the heavy.  Be careful how you load it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Voodoo case

Pat

+1.  What poster above said.  Have two of them and very pleased.  They were tagged as Voodoo when they arrived.  Even if they weren't these are good cases.  They have the inside pockets for handguns too.  Simply cannot beat the price / quality mix on these from SG.

Does anyone happen to know if these Voodoo cases are lockable? I mean from a legal point of view? I'd like a case like this to carry my AR to/from the range, but it has to be a lockable case.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#24]
No they are not lockable.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I am kinda in the same boat. I like that Voodo case at SG. Are the exterior bags removable on this Voodo case? Anyone have any pics of the case without the bags?

Thanks in advance! I think Santa may be bringin me one of these this year!
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#26]
You could stick a luggage lock on the zippers, but it is still just a cloth case...
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I am kinda in the same boat. I like that Voodo case at SG. Are the exterior bags removable on this Voodo case? Anyone have any pics of the case without the bags?

Thanks in advance! I think Santa may be bringin me one of these this year!

non removable.

Link Posted: 11/24/2010 5:18:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You could stick a luggage lock on the zippers, but it is still just a cloth case...

That's alright, as far as I know. I'm not worried about anyone 'breaking in' and stealing the contents. It just has to have a lock per the legal definition. It's a requirement for transporting these types of weapons in my state. I don't think a hard shell is mandatory. Same is true for handguns. A soft, zippered case (Boyt, etc.) is permitted if it has a lock preventing the zipper from being opened.
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#29]
I too have been hunting for a new soft case.  How are the rifles kept inside the Vodoo case on SG?  Is there MOLLE webbing or just a couple of sown in velcro straps?
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Ordered a Voodoo 36" based on this thread from SG.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Chill man, there was no need for cuss words. It's a just a case, nothing to be worked up about.

People have different needs and priorities. I run my guns and kit hard, so I expect everything to hold up, hence why I pay a little more for Eagle and Pelican cases.

You may not need the things I do, but in my experience with Voodoo and any 5.11 products, they do not hold up as well as other brands.
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks guys! I just ordered the 42" army digital camo model from SG. I found a $5 off code too. (SG1951)  This looks to be just what I was looking for.

Link Posted: 12/2/2010 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Voodoo Tactical
Link Posted: 12/2/2010 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chill man, there was no need for cuss words. It's a just a case, nothing to be worked up about.

People have different needs and priorities. I run my guns and kit hard, so I expect everything to hold up, hence why I pay a little more for Eagle and Pelican cases.

You may not need the things I do, but in my experience with Voodoo and any 5.11 products, they do not hold up as well as other brands.

I'd like to know exactly how you run a case hard ?  What do you do, drag it around behind a truck with a rope ?  Skiboard on it ?  Throw it from a helicopter ?
You must be into some seriously high-speed stuff to wear out a 5.11 case ...
Link Posted: 12/3/2010 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Not sure when they are going to come out, but Tactical Tailor is coming out with a new soft double case.

Link Posted: 12/5/2010 8:05:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to know exactly how you run a case hard ?  What do you do, drag it around behind a truck with a rope ?  Skiboard on it ?  Throw it from a helicopter ?

this is why im posting less arfcom and more on M4C.

But to answer your question, repeated transportation of guns do wear on any kind of gear you have. Yes, that means cases too. Tossing the 5.11 case, accidentally dragging it on the ground,jet skiing on it, occasionally throw it at the raccoons going through my garbage. But of course, its not like you own any nice gear anyways, so you wouldn't know any better. Stick to your 5.11 and voodoo, sounds like it suits you well.
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is why im posting less arfcom and more on M4C.
But to answer your question, repeated transportation of guns do wear on any kind of gear you have. Yes, that means cases too. Tossing the 5.11 case, accidentally dragging it on the ground,jet skiing on it, occasionally throw it at the raccoons going through my garbage. But of course, its not like you own any nice gear anyways, so you wouldn't know any better. Stick to your 5.11 and voodoo, sounds like it suits you well.

Here I was hoping to hear all kinds of epic tales from the edge of the rugged frontier, and it turns out that these things are wearing out from simple "repeated transportation."   Sorry, my mistake.
I find that most of what wears gear out happens when it's out of the case being used.  Transporting it seems to induce minimal wear, YMMV.
I'm currently using a mix of 5.11 and Blackhawk stuff that I'm provided with, and it's been completely satisfactory.  Of course, I try not to abuse my crappy gear, and properly maintain it ( - although I do swat raccoons with it from time to time )
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Does anyone have a link for the Voodoo on SG? I am having trouble finding it. (Yes I know it is listed under a different name). Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a link for the Voodoo on SG? I am having trouble finding it. (Yes I know it is listed under a different name). Thanks.

Think this is it:  VooDoo case on SG

Customer reviews on page confirm Voodoo bags.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#40]
This one from Cheaper Than Dirt:

Link

Got the bag, and it's from Condor; the front 3 pouches are attached via MOLLE webbing.

Got it 2 weeks ago and first thing I did was take a lighter to any loose threading I saw. Plenty of space, and best part seems to be its very water resistant. When I took it out to the range on Saturday, it went from raining, to sleet, to snow (silly Chicago Winter weather ). I'm happy to report that my paper targets I had in the front pocket remained very dry even when the bag was in direct contact with the elements. And no, the bag did not melt from the rain water even though its Condor... Also has a lot of room; easily accommodates my AR15 A2 build, and my M4 build (with accessories sticking out of it). Front pocket was large enough for me to put a spotting scope and targets in. The 3 MOLLE packs I used to hold magazines and ammo.

The bag feels and looks durable *enough*. And when I say enough, I mean I think it'll hold up just fine on range trips and such where all it has to do is hold my weapons while its in the trunk (to keep me legal in IL) and let me haul it around from the car to the setup area.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think this is it:  VooDoo case on SG

Customer reviews on page confirm Voodoo bags.

Awesome. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I too have been hunting for a new soft case.  How are the rifles kept inside the Vodoo case on SG?  Is there MOLLE webbing or just a couple of sown in velcro straps?

There is no webbing on the inside of the Voodoo bag.  I own the 42 inch version.  Great bag for the money.  AR, Shotgun, 1-2 handguns, magazines for all will fit without problem.  It does get heavy but there is a lot of stuff in the bag.  The lack of webbing inside the bag is the only difference between the 5.11 bag and the Voodoo that I think stands out (I have owned both).  It would be nice to secure the long arms in the bag a little more efficiently.  I have actually thought of sewing in some velcro straps to do the job.  The only other differences are that the 5.11 bag has more padding and is more stiffly padded neither of which I miss considering how much the Voodoo bag cost me.

rkrk
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 3:09:34 AM EDT
[#43]
I use Egale brand, Ishot, or blackhawk, I"ve got cases 10 years and older. Freinds have gotten the cheaper cases, some are on a 2nd case while Im still runing a my first. So cost will balance out in the end.

If your going to get a case I suggest one with Closed Cell foam. Helps when your stuck in a rainstorm at a 3 gun match.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Voodoo Tactical. Heavy duty shit.
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Voodoo case

Pat

I'll 2nd this. The cases are top notch!!! No plastic hardware on these babies....
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#46]
a 16" midlength AR would be the longest rifle I have. Is the 36" long enough, or should I bump it up to the 42"?
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Thread title is the best and that's Eagle, by far.  They have a no B.S. lifetime warranty on all their stuff too.

I'll admit I have a 36in voodoo dual rifle case and its decent compared to a lot of cases in the price range but it doesnt hold a candle to even 5.11's quality let alone Eagle.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top