Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2010 10:38:59 AM EDT
I have the "stock" stock on my rifle, but would like to upgrade to a stock with a friction lock and better cheek weld.  My rifle has the commercial buffer tube and I would like to just change out the stock itself.  Any recommendations?  Are my options limited with the commercial buffer tube to the point where I am going to have to switch to a mil spec buffer tube??  Any help is appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The magpul CTR stock had some movement even when locked on my Bushmaster M4. I suspect the Bushmaster commercial extention is a tad out of spec. FWIW

It is still an excellent stock and is alot tighter than the standard
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:18:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the forum! I absolutely love the CTR stock as an M4 replacement and it can be had for the commercial receiver extensions.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 3:40:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Would you guys think it is worth the cash to put on a mil-spec buffer tube or just deal with the looseness? (obviously a personal preference question)
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:14:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I swapped my commercial buffer tube in my BM with a DSA one from PalmettoStateArmory and threw on a Magpul ACS stock. I like how the mil-spec tube gives me more options for using different stocks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:54:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I've changed out all commercial extensions with mil-spec extensions as well. Not expensive or tough to do and you have so many more stock options.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#6]
about how much for the mil-spec?  I have the tools...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I've seen mil-spec extensions on the EE frequently around $25. The extension alone at Bravo Company is $37.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top