Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/4/2009 4:13:23 PM EDT
I have seen a MS2 sling in use at the show video.  I currently have an ACS stock, but I haven't ordered the quick disconnect adapter for it.  How does the quick disconnect change anything?  I can't imagine using the ACS as the single point attachment instead of using something like the ASAP to attach the sling closer to the middle of the rifle.  I can see where attaching the MS2 as a two point sling would possibly be better, but would it be worth getting all the parts to make that happen?  Input on this please.  What is the use of a quick disconnect on the stock with something like a MS2 sling?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You dont use the QD cup for the ACS stock with an MS2.  

Wont change anything, and its completely useless with the MS2.  Sling still attaches to the ASAP plate when used as a 2 point.
Link Posted: 11/7/2009 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#2]
What would be the best set up for the QD cup on the ACS? I'm starting to give up and just go with the MS2, ASAP and a rail connector. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What would be the best set up for the QD cup on the ACS? I'm starting to give up and just go with the MS2, ASAP and a rail connector. Thanks for the input.

A 2 point sling is really the only reason you'd need a QD cup on an ACS.

Even as such, if you have a receiver end plate style sling attachment point, you can run a 2 point from there as well.

Link Posted: 11/11/2009 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#4]
just got the ASAP and MS2 installed on my ar, works awesome; i had to buy a sling adapter for the front quad rail though in order to use the MS2 as a 2 point but definitely worth it
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top