Author
Posted: 6/1/2009 9:54:11 PM

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
I'm about to buy a Vickers VCAS Double A sling. I can't decide on the padded or non padded version. Any opinions? Does anyone have both and could recommend one over the other?
Buck50
Blackstone Tactical
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/2/2009 12:09:47 AM
The Double A padded is our best selling sling (especially with the sewn in Quick Disconnects). Everyone who has bought one thinks they're great. But truly, I believe it’s a matter of personal likes and dislikes.
Blackstone Tactical, LLC
(602) 324-7127
sales@blackstonetactical.com
www.blackstonetactical.com

"Send lawyers, guns and money...the shit has hit the fan!" Warren Zevon - RIP
dave80
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/2/2009 9:05:17 PM
Padded, it won't tangle on you. I have the vickers padded with the qd. Don't use anything else now.
Alpha-Romeo3
AR-15 owner since 1971
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/3/2009 12:17:36 AM
I use my padded VCAS on my heavy carbine about 11 lbs loaded with one full mag and would recommend it with heavy rifles or if you carry your firearm for a long time.

For my lightweight carbines around 8 lbs or less I prefer my standard slings without padding like my VCAS and Gear Sector GS-2P two point slings.

YMMV

AR3
REDMASTA
It rubs the lotion on its skin
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/3/2009 12:51:22 AM
[Last Edit: 6/3/2009 12:51:58 AM by REDMASTA]
I prefer 2 point slings over 1 point so I got the non padded version which I use w/ a plate carrier. Like how the non padded version has a narrower and thinner strap which conflicts less with the plate carrier strap. If I were to use it without a plate carrier I would have gotten the padded version.
Sean Connery gonna have to smack a bitch?
rsdnick
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/4/2009 1:58:29 AM
I have 2 of the Vickers Padded slings. One for my AR, and one for my Benelli M4. I love them both, was considering going with magpul, but the lack of customer service when they first came out turned me off. I have been through a few training sessions my Vickers Padded and it's ran like a champ. The extra padding is nice on there for long days when packing your weapon around. If you have the ability to run a push button QR, i'd say go for it, as it makes disconecting for cleaning your weapon easier.

On a side note i have to give props to the guys at Blackstone. I ordered both of mine through them, and got it 2 days later both times. They have them in stock and they ship fast. Dig around the vendor forums, you should be able to find a AR-15.com coupon code to give free shipping.
NY_Shooter
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/4/2009 6:56:52 AM
Originally Posted By rsdnick:
I have 2 of the Vickers Padded slings. One for my AR, and one for my Benelli M4. I love them both, was considering going with magpul, but the lack of customer service when they first came out turned me off. I have been through a few training sessions my Vickers Padded and it's ran like a champ. The extra padding is nice on there for long days when packing your weapon around. If you have the ability to run a push button QR, i'd say go for it, as it makes disconecting for cleaning your weapon easier.

On a side note i have to give props to the guys at Blackstone. I ordered both of mine through them, and got it 2 days later both times. They have them in stock and they ship fast. Dig around the vendor forums, you should be able to find a AR-15.com coupon code to give free shipping.

For anyone interested in the free shipping (who wouldn't be?): http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=305&t=171535
Defensor_Fortis
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/4/2009 11:51:19 AM
Running it over armor, either works.

If you don't wear armor for a living, padded is much nicer.
DCN1982
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/4/2009 6:00:45 PM

Padded doesn't seem to get twisted up during transitions nearly as much for me.
CODYZX7
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/4/2009 7:53:15 PM
Originally Posted By Defensor_Fortis:
Running it over armor, either works.

If you don't wear armor for a living, padded is much nicer.

It looks like I'll be going witht the padded