Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/23/2008 4:50:58 PM EDT
I did a google search and I wasnt able to find any information on how to turn a USGI 2 point sling into a hasty loop sling.  I seem to remember there being a picture on how to do it.  Does anyone have this handy?
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 7:30:57 AM EDT
[#1]
you might want to refine your question a little, a hasty sling and a loop sling are two different things.
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 7:34:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a 1907 sling.  Can be used as both a loop and hasty while both ends remain attached to the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 7:53:43 AM EDT
[#3]

This is the type sling you want to use, not the newer "Silent Slings" that are issued.

to make a loop sling you unhook the clip on the butt stock, adjust the the size of the loop to fit around your bicep. The other slider is a quick adjust slider, this allows you to quickly adjust the length of the sling for different positions
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You are right, I was meaning a loop sling out of a USGI sling.  There is a way that it can be re looped through the rear keeper into a loop.  I know that when we went to the range in the USMC we did it, I just cant remember how to change the butstock end clip.
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Get a 1907 sling.  Can be used as both a loop and hasty while both ends remain attached to the rifle.

Just got one for my M1. Not sure how I ever shot without it.

Turner saddlery makes a good product if you decide to go that route.  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top