Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2007 3:03:32 PM EDT
I am looking for a decent budget case for my 16in AR. I was looking at the UTG case at CTD but the more i look at it the more it looks like a POC. Any suggestions for fairly cheap cases?
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the cases at Galati International.  My next soft case will most likely be one of their XT's.  I don't know too much about their standard house brand cases, but they will probably be better than what you will find at CTD.
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I got this one from"Dirt", I really like it.  Heavy construction, good material, lots of
extras.  I have Eagle cases as well and this one is just as good for a third of the price.

Check it out:

buy.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE200-41690-1975.html
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I got this one from"Dirt", I really like it.  Heavy construction, good material, lots of
extras.  I have Eagle cases as well and this one is just as good for a third of the price.

Check it out:

buy.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE200-41690-1975.html

+1 on the "Dirt Case".
Especially the one for the carbine (which is shorter than the one pictured).
I have the carbine case and like it a lot.
My only complaint with it is the plastic carry strap snap connectors.  I saved a couple of brass ones from a carry bag I wore out in the event that I ever have to hire a seamstress to replace the plastic ones on the "dirt case".

Galati makes very good cases (have one of those, too), but they're more expensive.

Best case I'm aware of (I've looked at a LOT of them) is the S.E.R.T. case.  I'll be getting a 42" S.E.R.T. rifle case this winter for my DCM rifle because that rifle weighs 13 lbs and I want to put a lot of accessories in that case along with the rifle.  That's where the YKK zippers and primo construction pay off; otherwise, go ahead and save yourself some money.

do you have a link to the carbine length one?
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm, that's funny.
It's not listed on their website catalog.
Probably temporarily not in stock (as is the rifle case, also).

At any rate, it looks identical to the rifle case (same features) except it's shorter in overall length.
It IS listed in the latest Cheaper Than Dirt catalog I have at home, I'm pretty sure.

When I ordered mine, it was also out of stock, but they got it in within a week, so there really wasn't much of a wait.
Maybe they've been selling a lot of those.

The only difference is that the carbine case isn't offered in all the colors that the rifle case is offered in.  I bought the OD one.  IIRC it's also available in black and digital (army) camo.  The rifle case is made in those colors plus coyote brown (wouldn't you know that that was my first color preference?)
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I know I'll get flamed but my UTG rectangular case for my SBR is my favorite and I picked it up at a gun show for $40. I pull it in and out of my patrol car every shift and have yet to have a problem with it.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top