Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2017 6:43:09 PM EDT
I have a Vortex Razor 85mm angled and the zippers are gone on its bag.  Anyone have any recommendations for a quality bag with good zippers?  I'm not interested in a hard case for it.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:10:22 AM EDT
[#1]
just curious...the actual zipper is no good, or just the zipper's Pull broke off?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Two of the three zippers broke in half.  I can still open and close the bag, with my fingernail.  Very cheap zippers, little disappointed in Vortex, great scope, cheaply made bag. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Two of the three zippers broke in half.  I can still open and close the bag, with my fingernail.  Very cheap zippers, little disappointed in Vortex, great scope, cheaply made bag. 
View Quote
So the "pulls" broke, but not the actual zipper?  Big difference.  Get a split ring and some 550 cord and make a new pull.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for the crappy description, but the pulls broke.  That's a good idea, not sure if I can thread them but its worth a try.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry for the crappy description, but the pulls broke.  That's a good idea, not sure if I can thread them but its worth a try.  Thanks!
View Quote
You actually don't need the 550 cord...the split ring by itself is enough to grab on to.  But yeah - 2 of the zipper pulls on my Vortex Razor spotter bag broke too, so I feel your pain.  The bag is well made actually, it's just the zipper hardware that sucked.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#6]
This may sound weird, but I found a Wilson racquetball bag at a garage sale. The scope (a 20-60x80, so it's not small) fits in the smaller accessory/ball side and the tripod fits in the larger racquet side.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top