Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 8:10:27 PM EDT
I had ordered a Trijicon RM06 LED RMR last week from Amazon.   The optic was sold by PAFulfillment and they were US based and had a 99.8% positive score with thousands of transactions.  It was fulfilled by Amazon and had Prime shipping.  Since they were $20 cheaper than the RM06 sold by Amazon direct and no tax, I bought one from them rather than spend more from another vendor.  

I received the optic and it was in a factory Trijicon RMR plastic case as it should be in, but I noticed the serial number portion of the label was blacked out with a sharpie.  Right away that peaked my paranoia that something wasn't right.

I opened up the case and there was one of the ugliest RMR clones I have ever seen in my life.  It looked more like a Burris Fastfire, but with a thicker bottom to it that was twice as thick as an RMR should be.  It had a power switch on the rear of the optic with "On/Off" labeled on it.  

I was so pissed off and contacted Amazon support immediately.   They allowed me to return it on their dime and issued me my credit to my Amazon account as soon as UPS scanned my return package at the first warehouse.

The next optic I reordered, I paid $20 more for, but they gave me a $20 credit for their mistake in sending me a fake unit.    So I was able to get an RM06 direct from Amazon (sold and fulfilled by Amazon) to hopefully have a better chance of getting a real one as they are an authorized purchaser from Trijicon.     My new optic showed up two days later and it was exactly as it should be.  100% real, matching serial numbers on the case and optic, and the same markings and brightness as my other RMRs I own.  

Definitely don't buy anything from PAFulfillment if you happen to see that vendor name on Amazon.  They had an excellent rating, but I won't do business with them every again.   I left them a 1 star (lowest) rating and they never contacted me about the fake merchandise.

This was the first time I ever got anything counterfeit or fake from Amazon when Amazon either sold or fulfilled the order.  Keep your eyes peeled!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
And you took no pictures, am I rite?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't take pictures as I hung up with Amazon and brought the optic straight to UPS to ship back.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top