Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2017 12:26:42 PM EDT
Midway has them on sale right now for $170. In the process of making a RECCE style rifle. From what I have read, it's not a bad scope and it was hard to pass up for that price. Ended up with it and a Vortex mount for $260 shipped.

Anyone else using the the Millet DMS-2 1-6x24 scope?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
i am interested too.  Also in the Burris RT-6...wonder how the glass compares?

Then versus Steiner P4xi, Vortex Gen II stuff (PST, the $600 range, not the really expensive stuff)
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on a recce build and the glass is very clear. No distortion.  I think I bought mine on sale for 180.00, 170.00 is a very good price.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking at this scope also but was wondering about the reticle.  Bushnell uses the same reticle on a 1-4 FFP scope and when zoomed to 4x the reticle is awfully coarse.  How does the reticle look in the SFP?  Millett doesn't list the subtensions for this reticle, just the circle-dot used in the 1-4 DMS scope.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
The reticle is very crisp. I like the Millet scope a lot. Only complaint which is more a personal thing is that the versus my Primary Arms 1-6 and vortex 1-8 scope is that the field of view looking through it is a little smaller. But the glass is better IMO.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a Millet DMS-1 scope (1-6x).

It was trash.

Muddy optics.  Weak & unreliable illumination.  Mushy controls.  Far too heavy for a scope that ended up being extremely fragile.

Save your $$$ and buy something better from Vortex, Leupold, or just about anyone else.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one several years back and swore I'd never buy another. They may have improved since then though. I was new to magnified optics on ARs and bought one to see if I'd like it. My first problem was that it had a serious fish eye effect on 1x, so it was basically unusable for me. Then the lenses started to mold. I typically used at least a Leupold on all my bolt guns, but didn't want to put the money into a magnified optic on an AR, so I cheaped out and regretted it. Told myself never again. I know people have great luck with the Millett and other lesser expensive magnified optics, I'm just not one of them. They may may be great now, but that experience just soured me on them. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Years ago I had the 1-4× millet and it was horrible. Had the fish eye and all. But the 1-6x I gambled on and it is 1000% better so maybe the dms1 to dms2 was a big change. It tracks perfect and the glass is Crystal clear. I am out of town till Monday but I will grab some pics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Well the scope came in. No fish eye, the glass is clear and the controls are supper crisp. Haven't had the chance to mount or shoot with it yet.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Just unpacked my scope, correctly mounted onto an AR, and I think I like this scope.  Especially for $170 delivered.  Decent glass, seems to be a bit more contrasty than my Vortex Eagle, the reticle is very BRIGHT on setting 11.  Daylight bright?  Oh, yeah, and then some.  Also, on the reticle, the yardage pips just about disappear.  They might be 2moa dots, but I think the vertical reticle line is like 1.25moa or so because the pips just BARELY protrude from the line.  Also, the eyebox at 1X (and yes, it appears to be a true 1X), is huge, but not so much at 6X.  At 6X, this might be an issue with some of the more exotic positions you might need to assume.  All in all, for an inexpensive scope, this one will do just fine.  As usual, YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#10]
If you are like me you will love it.  I have two of the 1-4x DMS on LRs in .500 Phantom and .470 Rhino.  They have been on them for years now and I don't have any complaints.  They are heavy but not that heavy.  Mine are held in Burris PEPR mounts.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top