Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2017 10:46:31 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations on optic for my AR15 6.5g build. Need to be $500< to allow for Trigger Tech trigger. I will be using the rifle for mostly 400-800 yard hole punching. Would like to have 1/8"MOA increment turrets, warranty like Vortex etc. I have astigmatism so not sure lighted recticle is good for me. Thanks for input!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushnell Engage 6-24  

I have the 2.5-10 version and love it.  Its not illuminated only down side for me but its clear has lots of features for the prices. The 6-24 is 1/8 moa adjust and the reticle is in moa also. Glass quality is on par with Primary arms scopes (at least my 1-6) and the leupold Mark AR series.

it is made in china if  that is a concern. Has a the bushnell Iron clad life time warranty. Not as good as vortex no questions asked but still good.

Im planning on getting a ruger american in 6.5c  and will probably get another Engage scope for it probably the 4-16
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Primary Arms 4-14 FFP ACSS HUD/DMR.  I think it's below $300.  The glass isn't that good, but most of it isn't under $500.  Save your $200 until you can save up enough to buy a good scope.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the recommendations keep them coming!  The Bushnell has some nice features and the PA does not give the magnification I need for old eyes.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
You could probably score a used, higher magnification Leupold off the EE.  That's probably going to be the best glass you'll get in your price range.

I've never looked through Bushnell glass that failed to disappoint me.  And I have low standards!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
AA Optics has refurbished Vortex Viper PST 6x24x50 for $500 right now which is a solid deal.  It comes with the lifetime warranty and good glass at that price point.  HERE
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:55:19 AM EDT
[#6]
If I was looking for something about like that I'd consider a Weaver Tactical, sometimes vendors have good deals on them too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:37:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Primary Arms 4-14 FFP ACSS HUD/DMR.  I think it's below $300.  The glass isn't that good, but most of it isn't under $500.  Save your $200 until you can save up enough to buy a good scope.
View Quote
Well I keep looking at this for the price.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well I keep looking at this for the price.
View Quote
Ive heard good things about Athlon scopes for their price point.

https://athlonoptics.com/product/rifle-scopes-argos-6-24x50-atmr-ffp-ir-moa/
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Vortex is always the answer.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top