Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2017 7:02:01 PM EDT
Anyone using these? I need a lower profile rear sight than the MBUS and was looking at the MBUS Pro then came across the Bobro lowrider.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the Bobro but J&T has the knights flip up for $50. JFYI
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks! In for 2.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:50:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Been using them since 2015. Great sights.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks. will these work with any standard flip up front or do you need the KAC front sight?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:56:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone using these? I need a lower profile rear sight than the MBUS and was looking at the MBUS Pro then came across the Bobro lowrider.
View Quote

Did you already know they have no detents and hold adjustments with a set screw?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did you already know they have no detents and hold adjustments with a set screw?
View Quote
Didn't know that, that is a deal beaker for me. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just go with the MBUS Pros.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Those micros are a screaming deal. Now to match them with a front sight micro...
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Didn't know that, that is a deal beaker for me. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just go with the MBUS Pros.
View Quote
FWIW, I'm running the rear sight with a fixed front. It required no adjustment out of the box - just had to adjust the front sight a few clicks. Set screw with no detents hasn't given me any worries, and this thing is ridiculously low profile. I have full confidence in it to do it's job as a backup if I ever needed it. Can be seen under rear of scope on my rifle here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

FWIW, I'm running the rear sight with a fixed front. It required no adjustment out of the box - just had to adjust the front sight a few clicks. Set screw with no detents hasn't given me any worries, and this thing is ridiculously low profile. I have full confidence in it to do it's job as a backup if I ever needed it. Can be seen under rear of scope on my rifle here.
View Quote
Yeah, cause set screws never let loose on mini red dots, triggers, or anything else right? To each his own, but you should not have "full confidence" in it, because it uses a method know to have a high failure rate. It's OK, I felt the same way till my set screw devices failed me for the first time. We all learn in our own time.

OP, it's hard to beat the MBUS Pro.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Hm. Tbh, I hadn't quite thought it through that far.

Welp, time to go tinker with allen wrenches and maybe some loctite, see if I can get it to give me a reason for replacement.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the non-elevation MBUS Pro rear (& front) and like it, they are indeed very low profile.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah, cause set screws never let loose on mini red dots, triggers, or anything else right? To each his own, but you should not have "full confidence" in it, because it uses a method know to have a high failure rate. It's OK, I felt the same way till my set screw devices failed me for the first time. We all learn in our own time.

OP, it's hard to beat the MBUS Pro.
View Quote
Update:

DON'T BUY THE LO-RIDER.

Went to tweak a few other things on my setup. Afterwards, while admiring how pretty my gun looked without a foregrip, I noticed that the set screw is missing. Gone. Disappeared. Completely vanished.

Now, I never touched the set screw. The sight was accurate for windage as it came out of the box. Everything on this sight was as-is from the factory. I don't think it's even had 1,000 rounds on the gun since I put the sight on.

Really, I'm quite disappointed. I do like this rear sight, as it's extremely minimal and clean and stays entirely out of the way as I think a back up sight should. But, now the windage has nothing holding it in place. And even though I can't quite turn it with my bare fingers due to just how small it is and the lower third of the screw being shrouded, it's not something I'm willing to bet on.

DevL, you were entirely correct. I retract all previous statements about trusting in set screws.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I went ahead and ordered a set of the MBUS Pros
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top