Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2017 2:49:11 PM EDT
I recently built a couple of low budget ar-15s,with spares lowers I had around and a couple of br0wnells uppers I bought.

But they came with no optics-

I don't want to put aimponts on them because that would cost more than the rifles themselves.

But the sparc ar, that could be a good balance.

Is it a good enough optic for occasional shooting ?

Thanks a lot !
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recently built a couple of low budget ar-15s,with spares lowers I had around and a couple of br0wnells uppers I bought.

But they came with no optics-

I don't want to put aimponts on them because that would cost more than the rifles themselves.

But the sparc ar, that could be a good balance.

Is it a good enough optic for occasional shooting ?

Thanks a lot !
View Quote
Somebody did a long thread on them recently. There was a pic posted of one shot with birdshot that still worked.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Have two, like them. Am liking the Trijicon MRO a little better at the moment but the "normal" batteries and slim package of the sparc ar is pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate mine, only keep it to use on new builds until I can grab better optics. I decided to try it during one of the sales earlier in the year.

It's light weight and mounts easy enough, to me it looks like an aimpoint t1-t2 merged.

What I don't like is that it doesn't always have the dot visible when I bring the rifle up, sometimes I have to move the rifle to see the dot sometimes it's there. The more I use it the more it starts to be where it needs to be, but If I use another optic then it goes back to having to search for the red dot.

And I'm talking with both eyes open.

With my other optics (Aimpoint PRO, T1, EOTech) as soon as I bring up the rifle the dot is there and ready to find targets.

I've seen other owners post the same issue on other forums, it seems if it's your only optic you'll get use to it and not have an issue. If you have multiple optics it might be an issue.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought one for my BiL from PSA in April when they had it on sale for 139.99 shipped. I liked it. Very good glass and the dot had excellent resolution. Great optic for the money. And I like the single AAA battery feature. Believe it shipped with a shim so than it has 1/3 or absolute co-witness if desired.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the good inputs.

I have obviously better optics (Acog, T1, eotechs ) but for that price il get them.

I dont even intend to use those rifles much. It's simply to have 2 more functional ARs if they are ever needed.

And I figure id rather get that than BUIS for the same price
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Just received both my 2 sparc AR

Very impressed with the quality of the whole thing.

I ordered two more for platforms that only had BUIS so far.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top