Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2017 12:03:26 AM EDT
Considering the 1" tube 1-4x non-illuminated version.  Any experience with it?
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I have one mounted on my Ruger 96/44, lever action .44 mag. What would you like to know? For what it is worth, I shoot both suppressed subsonic and unsuppressed supersonic loads, so I thought the Pig plex reticle would be an advantage for ballistic aiming points. As it turns out, it does allow me to do that, but I think the reticle is a little too cluttered for my tastes. It is a nice light scope with a decent eye box and glass quality. I like the capped turrets-- I am not going to be clicking anything for this particular application. I wish Leupold made this scope either without the circle in the reticle or without the heavy duplex arms. I find the circle quick to pick up in the scope-- for running targets it is actually kind of handy. But, the reticle circle plus the heavy duplex arms seem to block too much of the view through the scope. The turkey plex reticle might work, but the reticle is probably too thin to use in low light. If I were to do it again, I would probably just use a Leupold VX-1 shotgun scope with the post and duplex reticle since the .44 is a short range rifle anyway (150 yards and in.)
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
ive got the pig plex 1-4,,,happy with it on my 6.8
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

I've had mine for 5 years on my suppressed 300BLK duty rifle. Absolutely love it. Bought it for $198 new. Great price for glass that perfectly suits my needs.
Clear glass. It is almost a true 1 power, so close it's hard to tell unless you really study it. Positive click adjustments. Super fast target acquisition.

Attachment Attached File

I've shot it out to 300 yards using the reticle. Works well. Killed this buck at 50 yards.

Has kept the same zero all this time, even being hauled everywhere and bouncing around in a Tahoe every day. There's prob 5-6 of us that are using them on our patrol rifles. It's not a Strike Eagle but it's half the price.  

Attachment Attached File

This a rifle I put together for a friend of mine.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes!

Picked it up for $199 from Primary Arms.
I haven't got to spend a lot of time with it but I'm impressed so far.
It's light, bright, has covered turrets, and good eye relief.

Called Leupold and they sent plain turret caps for free.
(Apparently they get a lot of requests for that.)

Put it in an Aero light weight mount and mounted on my LE6920.

It's a lot of scope for the money.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]

I've had mine for 5 years on my suppressed 300BLK duty rifle. Absolutely love it. Bought it for $198 new. Great price for glass that perfectly suits my needs.
View Quote
You can use a suppressed SBR for a duty rifle?

OK rocks!
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input.  Going to use it on a 16" .308.  I was wondering about the logo covered caps and wondered if it was silkscreened or laser marked.  Is the reticle definitely better than the duplex on the standard VX-2?  I would think it would be with some hold over marks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can use a suppressed SBR for a duty rifle?

OK rocks!
View Quote
Well, not exactly..I pinned and welded my HVT on it to make a rifle. But yeah, I won't lie, we rock.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#8]
One of the guys on the falfiles shoots 3 gun with one on his FAL.  Works really well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Love that scope hate the Pig Plex written on the inside
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one on my 9mm SBR. I absolutely love it. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I have one om my CZ527 in 7.62X39.  Perfect scope for the little rifle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top