Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/23/2017 2:45:27 AM EDT
Looking to pick up a TA02 battery ACOG soon.  Who currently has the best prices on these, and what's the opinion compared to the traditional tritium/fiber optic ACOGS?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Best prices I've seen are DVOR and eBay. I prefer the TA02 since I can adjust how bright the reticle is and there's no Tritium to dim.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I really really like my TA31 with acss reticle from Primary arms. They were great to work with.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I sold 2 TA31's and moved to TA02's just because I love the ability to have complete control over the brightness. People will get worked up that it requires a battery but so does my aimpoint, I would trust the electronics in either.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really really like my TA31 with acss reticle from Primary arms. They were great to work with.
View Quote
x2, although unrelated to OP's question.

lensandlasers.com blows out Trijicon stuff from time to time. The TA02 is $1103.87 over there right now..

I was able to snag an RM06 with the RM35 mount for $553 a few months ago. Not a bad deal and within a few hours of me placing my order I actually got a phone call from them confirming my order and asking which carrier I'd prefer to use for shipping. Very nice company to work with.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looking to pick up a TA02 battery ACOG soon.  Who currently has the best prices on these, and what's the opinion compared to the traditional tritium/fiber optic ACOGS? Thanks.
View Quote

My thoughts:

Trijicon TA02 ACOG 4x Battery Illuminated LED Combat Optic Review (HD)
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#6]
i picked up a ta02 from b&h photo a few months back , they have some really good prices. 
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Acss in the -02 would be nice.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#8]
i felt like the cross hairs are too fine to use without being lit up and then if you get the brightness too high, it blooms the center and you loose the 200 stadia line.

if i was to get another one it would not be the cross hair version.

i did love the new forward mounting spot for the RMR though. that set up is one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i felt like the cross hairs are too fine to use without being lit up and then if you get the brightness too high, it blooms the center and you loose the 200 stadia line.

if i was to get another one it would not be the cross hair version.

i did love the new forward mounting spot for the RMR though. that set up is one of my favorites.
View Quote
The horseshoe reticle version is my preferred reticle. The circle is quick to pick up and can be used for ranging, wind holds, and moving target holds.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:48:04 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
That's a very helpful review.  For the same money I believe the battery ACOG is the better choice.  The LED will probably never burn out and there's no need to worry about an expensive relight in a decade.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Consider the BROWE as well. You can often get them on sale under $1000 direct from Browe.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Their prices currently are $1700 each, though not on sale.  How often do they do sales?  For about the same money I'd probably stick with the ACOG.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Their prices currently are $1700 each, though not on sale.  How often do they do sales?  For about the same money I'd probably stick with the ACOG.
View Quote
I've seen TA02s for under $1000. Just wait it out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I have zero first hand experience with the Browe but did look at them before I bought my TA02's. The things that made me go for the TA02 were the warranty, the Browe only has a 2 year warranty on the electronics, as well as Browe missing some promised ship times for customers, made me worry that a small start up might not be around after the sale. To their credit this was a while ago and they are still around and look like they're doing pretty well.

When TA02's can be had for under 1K regularly and Browe's current deal is $1300 for their tactical not combat scope, I'd choose the TA02 personally.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
https://www.browe-inc.com/categories/Special-Offer/ I think I paid $925 direct from BROWE for mine and they were on sale for $999 earlier this year.

Sadly, Sig quit supporting the 556R, so it and the Browe were traded.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have zero first hand experience with the Browe but did look at them before I bought my TA02's. The things that made me go for the TA02 were the warranty, the Browe only has a 2 year warranty on the electronics, as well as Browe missing some promised ship times for customers, made me worry that a small start up might not be around after the sale. To their credit this was a while ago and they are still around and look like they're doing pretty well.

When TA02's can be had for under 1K regularly and Browe's current deal is $1300 for their tactical not combat scope, I'd choose the TA02 personally.
View Quote
Their "tactical" scope just has an Aluminum body like the TA02. Their "combat" scope has a Ti alloy body.

Based on new price alone right this second, I'd go TA02 as well. That said, the glass on the Browe is better (Seriously, it's amazing) and the internal electronics are much adanced in the BROWE vs the ACOG.

That said, if you look, I bet you could find a used BROWE for under $1K.

NOT MY AD...
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_21/1648623_BAD556-LW-Built-Rifle-Custom-w--4x32-Browe-BCO---.html

BCO (Ti body) $780 (+ PP Fees and S/H)
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Hell, if you ONLY shoot  77 Gr Mk262 or analog, the .308 reticle will work quite well.

Not my ad
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_163/1669765_Browe-BCO--item--BCO-002-ADM--4x32-with--308-reticle---.html

$650.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 3:33:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks, the replies have been very helpful.  I probably still will end up getting a TA02, but I definitely need to do some comparative research on the Browe.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Thinking of getting the TA02 myself
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a Browe and multiple ACOGs.  The Browe is better in every way.

The auto adjusting reticle is pure magic and the glass is jaw dropping.  

I wish Browe would come out with other models than just the 4x32.

I'd really like to see a ta44 analog with an acss reticle. That would be the bomb for a general purpose optic
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a Browe and multiple ACOGs.  The Browe is better in every way.

The auto adjusting reticle is pure magic and the glass is jaw dropping.  

I wish Browe would come out with other models than just the 4x32.

I'd really like to see a ta44 analog with an acss reticle. That would be the bomb for a general purpose optic
View Quote
A BROWE TA33 analog would rustle my jimmies.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Ordered the TA02 from B&H for $1099
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top