Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2017 2:08:53 AM EDT
Need help finding a new front sight. I want it to look as close to the original A frame FSB as possible (while looking down the sights). It has to be a rail mounted folding front. I currently have the YHM it's reminiscent of the A frame, but is a lot wider and thicker than a FSB.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The Rainier Arms BUIS front sight is the best one out there IMO. Uses a standard front sight post and is hand adjustable. They only come in a set though. If you decide on that one, I'll buy the rear that it comes with from you. After that I would recommend the Knight's Armament standard or micro front sights. They both use a proprietary FSP however, although the micro is hand adjustable as well. The Rainier Arms, KAC and Magpul Pro front sights look pretty much like a standard FSB from the rear IMO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Magpul Pros.  The KAC micro only fully works well with its matched rear sight pair
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the Magpul Pros.  The KAC micro only fully works well with its matched rear sight pair
View Quote
What does that mean?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Rainier Arms BUIS front sight is the best one out there IMO. Uses a standard front sight post and is hand adjustable. They only come in a set though. If you decide on that one, I'll buy the rear that it comes with from you. After that I would recommend the Knight's Armament standard or micro front sights. They both use a proprietary FSP however, although the micro is hand adjustable as well. The Rainier Arms, KAC and Magpul Pro front sights look pretty much like a standard FSB from the rear IMO.
View Quote
Have you tried the Griffin M2 Sights? They look like a strong option too.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#6]
They look like a good option, I wonder how sturdy the way they mount is though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What does that mean?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What does that mean?
The KAC micro front sight post is very thin. Through a wider rear sight aperature you don't get the value of a thin post. The aperature hole on the KAC rear sight is smaller to take advantage of the thin front post.

The net of it is buy the KAC micro as a set for best value and effectiveness.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:38:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with Magpul's MBUS Pro.  When extended it's post and wings or ears are similar to A2 FSB when viewed through a rear aperture.  And, it is very rugged nitrided steel.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top