Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2017 11:47:06 PM EDT
I'm in Milwaukee Wisconsin, the gander by my house has a 4x32 acog for 30% off.  Total cost is $1060.  They say has their end nears, the cost will drop even more.

That's a hell of a deal huh?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Not really. If it's a basic TA31F or similar that's most places regular price.

If it's a TA31RCO that's a bit better deal but not one you couldn't catch at opticsplanet every now and then

Gander Mountain is way over priced
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]
No wonder they're going tits up
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:34:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Hah no.  They're selling 20% off which is normal retail,  wait till the hit %50 percent off an if it's out of stock you don't need it.

I'm waiting for a Jetboil to hit -50%.

Their gun racks are full and not moving.  Started at -15% now -20%, still more than interwebz.  I'll take that Sig 556 for $350, no ok bye.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuck that store. I went to use some store credit from a return at Christmas and they aren't honoring them or gift cards. They gave me some form to follow up with a bankruptcy court to attempt to claim the amount owed to me.

I also noticed that it seemed everything was marked up before the discounts. Tried to tell me sig p320 mags were originally $65.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I like to walk around a look at the high prices at 20 to 40% off right now.

It's like a death watch that is just slowly rolling down hill.

Their prices we just outrageous on things and I still find people shocked they are goin out of busses.

Hate to see them go but bye.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:21:15 AM EDT
[#6]
lol

No, not really a good deal.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I really liked them 6-7 years ago when the long gun racks are open for handling and there was a gunsmith in store. They haven't been that way for a while and it appears they axed their experience staff when they made their changes too.

Not sure if that coincided with cabelas buying them out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#8]
These store bankruptcies are handled by a company that specializes in doing that.

The Sears near me closed this winter. They did the same thing with prices. People we going crazy buying stuff because clothes were "marked down 40-75%". The prices were no better than regular price at other stores.

I went looking for tools and/or a tool box for the basement. Bought a few Torx screwdrivers. The prices were "30-50% off". Bullshit on that. There were weird price stickers on everything. They were not the normal Sears font and tag.

I am sure the liquidation of Gander Mountain is the same deal. Have a professional bankruptcy company handle everything.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:54:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I went into one in Wichita KS.....big sign outside that said "Closing Store...Everything 15-50% off".

Went inside hoping to find a deal on something...NOPE.  Even their 50% off items were a few bucks more than what I could get the same item for on Amazon.  No wonder that place is going out of business.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Went there when I heard they were going out of business.  Ammo prices were still too high and I only found a handful of gunparts that were "50 percent off" and were the same price as anything else online.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went into one in Wichita KS.....big sign outside that said "Closing Store...Everything 15-50% off".

Went inside hoping to find a deal on something...NOPE.  Even their 50% off items were a few bucks more than what I could get the same item for on Amazon.  No wonder that place is going out of business.
View Quote
Same here, went into the Wichita store 2 weekends ago hoping to get a deal on a Savage Stealth in 6.5.  Even after mark down it was still $50 more than I could get it online shipped.  They only have 2 in stock but I figure I'll wait and see if it drops any more.  Wasn't impressed with the "sales" on everything else either.. ended up walking out empty handed.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm in Milwaukee Wisconsin, the gander by my house has a 4x32 acog for 30% off.  Total cost is $1060.  They say has their end nears, the cost will drop even more.

That's a hell of a deal huh?  
View Quote

If it's the same I saw its a T31RCOM150.  Comes without the pelican case which makes it less of a deal even.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I stopped at the Gander Mountain OP is talking about a few weeks ago. The only "good" deal was on some North Face winter gloves I got for $12. Other than that it's not worth stopping
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I've picked up a few things from the local GM. It's not worth it until stuff hits 50% off. I got a few mags, and shotgun shells for cheapish. My most recent purchase was a luepold 30mm scope mount for $24 something. They are $90 something online. I'll use it on my 300bo with a strike fire. There will be some deals if you wait and wait
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Stopped in the Novi, Michigan store last week. Same as everyone else is experiencing except I noticed something.

They were bringing in items to sell that wet never sold at GM. It was like the bankruptcy liquidation company bought containers full of cheap chairs, cups, off brand clothing, car trunk emergency kits, and other assorted crap to fill up the shelves. Terrible experience.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I went this weekend to check out some stuff.

Their Hornady Reloading "Custom" dies were $45 with 40% off.  Comes out to like $27, so I got a deal there. I was there about a month ago, and it was only 15-20% off and was not worth buying vs online. They can be had for $35 on MidwayUSA. Plus the Hornady "free bullets" promo makes it a sweeter deal.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I really liked them 6-7 years ago when the long gun racks are open for handling and there was a gunsmith in store. They haven't been that way for a while and it appears they axed their experience staff when they made their changes too.

Not sure if that coincided with cabelas buying them out.
View Quote
Cabela's was never involved.  They were private then public then reprivatized.  They have had a number of struggles through their history. 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Stopped in the Novi, Michigan store last week. Same as everyone else is experiencing except I noticed something.

They were bringing in items to sell that wet never sold at GM. It was like the bankruptcy liquidation company bought containers full of cheap chairs, cups, off brand clothing, car trunk emergency kits, and other assorted crap to fill up the shelves. Terrible experience.
View Quote
Really good observation, I saw that yesterday but didn't make the click.

The only thing this stuff didn't have was the red corner packaging that said "As Seen On TV".
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#20]
If you shop around and are patient you can get new TA31's under $999 fairly regularly. As-is you can get them for $1070 right now no problem. The problem with buying from Gander now is you might not get everything it should come with and thanks to their INSANE prices, the thing has probably sat on the shelf for 6 years and the tritium is already starting to dim.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#21]
There is a reason they are going out of business... 4th of July sales coming, F!@# the big retail stores & their over priced BS.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Gander Mountain is the outdoor words version of Sears.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I picked up a Strike Eagle 1-6 for $230.  They also had various AccuPower scopes for 30%, but I didn't check to see if they actually were a deal.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I have no problem with them closing. I did, however, score an Apple arrow saw and industrial Shop-Vac today for less than the price of the saw itself new. Time to make some arrows!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#25]
From my experience, I've found that you will rarely get the best deal on optics at big box stores or even local gun shops.
Usually, it's the shops that specialize in optics (Kenzie's, Eurooptic) that offer the best pricing. Of course, they still come in second to the EE here on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#26]
A couple weeks ago I stopped at GM and picked up a few things that weren't bad buys.

Got a Weaver Kaspa line 1-4x24 scope for $80. I know it's not the good line but I figured it would be a cheap way to see if I like LPV scopes before I spend more money on a nice one.

Bought a couple of Magpul light mounts for $15/each

Got a SL Polytac HL LED for $25

Got some shooting gloves that were originally $30 for $12.

None of this stuff was a steal, but it was slightly cheaper than I can get the stuff online. Didn't really see any other "deals" in the store.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I like to walk around a look at the high prices at 20 to 40% off right now.

It's like a death watch that is just slowly rolling down hill.

Their prices we just outrageous on things and I still find people shocked they are goin out of busses.

Hate to see them go but bye.
View Quote
After a couple of times seeing their extremely high prices after they came up in a search I ignored them indefinitely.

Buh by
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#29]
"Huge Going Out of Business Sale!"

*everything marked down to MSRP*
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top