Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/26/2017 8:00:52 PM EDT
I want to buy a comp m4s for my colt 6920 and would prefer a lower 1/3rd co-witness. Is the factory aimpoint mount (QRP with spacer) lower 1/3rd or is it absolute co-witness? I have had ADM, Bobro, and Larue mounts on scopes and really prefer the bobro, but I do not think their mount is lower 1/3rd even with the factory aimpoint spacer. Will the ADM SOCOM lower 1/3rd riser/spacer work with the bobro mount? I called ADM and they could not answer, neither could Bobro. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
With the spacer the mount is absolute.
LaRue makes a very nice lower 1/3 mount if you want something higher.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:26:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm pretty sure the stock spacer actually puts the sight in between absolute and lower 1/3.  I know the M4 on my work rifle with the stock QRP mount/spacer definitely sits higher than absolute.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure the stock spacer actually puts the sight in between absolute and lower 1/3.  I know the M4 on my work rifle with the stock QRP mount/spacer definitely sits higher than absolute.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is 1.535" above the rail with the spacer. Iron sights are 1.405" above the rail so it isn't perfectly aligned with the irons but anything around 1.5" above the rail is called "absolute co-witness". For reference, LaRue's "lower 1/3" is 1.725" above the rail.

The ADM spacer looks like it works with an ACOG style mount to me.

Looks like this would work for you (says it puts the height at 1.65" above the rail):

http://americanshootingjournal.com/mounting-solutions-plus-lower-13-co-witness-spacer-for-aimpoint-pro/
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:44:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't rule out the Scalarworks Comp M4/M4s mount if looking for lower-1/3. I have one for the T1 and it's awesome, though I'm using the LRP for my M4s.

https://scalarworks.com/shop/optic-mounts/ldm-compm4/
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Qrp always seemed between absolute and lower 1/3 to me. I got a larue lt659 lower 1/3 mount and it does what I need it to. Have several larue mounts and have never had a reason not to give them my money.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top