Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2017 12:36:15 PM EDT
Pistol kit arriving today and I wanted to put a dot scope on. My budget is about $200 or so. Which would you prefer? Or other choice?

Sig Romeo 4a

Vortex Optics Sparc AR

Holosun HS503GU

Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot

Pros? Cons? Something else?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
well psa has had the spark ar with 10 pmags for 199

edit for link:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-sparc-red-dot-scope-ten-magpul-pmag-30-magazines.html

expires 6/26
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks.

Any others?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the SPARC AR on my 6920 and love it. I have that Holosun on my AR9 and the circle dot is perfect as its my HD weapon.

If you want a reticle option, the holosun can do circle + dot  or just dot.  If warranty is important, Id go Vortex all day.

ETA: I think the sig and holosun are the same optic, just different branding.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag, currently looking at the same options
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Of those I would pick the Vortex 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Vortex viper?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Vortex or PA
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all. I went for the Vortex with the 10 pmags. Good timing PSA.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

edit for link:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-sparc-red-dot-scope-ten-magpul-pmag-30-magazines.html

expires 6/26
View Quote
My bank account hates you.....  not sure what I'll use it for but this is a damn good deal. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My bank account hates you.....  not sure what I'll use it for but this is a damn good deal. 
View Quote
THIS -^
I've been wanting a Sparc AR for a little while now but had been exercising good self control until I came across this thread. I ordered immediately because that deal is just too good to pass...

ETA: Any good excuses for the Mrs? She's not going to buy the "it was too good to pass" excuse, even though it was!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:40:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 3 out of 4. I would like to get the sig but need another gun to put it on. The primary arms and holosun are made in the same factory so it evens out on everything except the holosun has different reticles and the solar function. Between the two I like the holosun with the 65 moa circle and dot. Easy to pick up quickly and has a good battery life span with no issues so far. The other option is the sparc. I do feel the sparc is a bit better made and would hold up to abuse more but has a lower battery life and normal reticle. If I had to pick between those 3 I would go
1. sparc. Seems to be better construction for abuse, worse battery life, but known Company with good CS
2.holosun, every the primary arms has plus a better reticle
3.primary arms. Good battery

Sorry no experience with the sig optic although maybe after my next build
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Vortex has a lifetime warranty. It's believed that the other 3 are made by the same company.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#13]
PSA has the Vortex SPARC on sale for $140 with free shipping. Coupon Code: SPARC

http://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-sparc-ar-1x-red-dot-scope-spc-ar1.html
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#14]
For an AR pistol I'd want the optic smaller and lighter.  A mini-reflex, perhaps a Burris Fastfire 3 at that budget point, or if intended for duty or serious work, the ruggedized motion-activated Leupold Deltapoint Pro, at a higher price point
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top