User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/7/2017 2:37:56 PM EDT
Looks like some info is coming out about new RMRs:

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/06/06/trijicon-rmr-type-2-leaked/
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully the new internals can fit in the old shells.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I see they still have tiny blue tinted windows with non aspheric lenses so you still get the distorted sight picture too. No thanks will wait for Type III. Hoping for more light transmission and asperic lenses in Type III.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]
So what's different about type 2?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:10:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like this means they fixed some fatal flaws like battery contacts and loosing zero and they are saying the gen 1s are what they are and we ain't upgrading them
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:30:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Really had been hoping for one with a top-mounted battery, so that you wouldn't have to remove the optic and re-zero when changing batteries.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really had been hoping for one with a top-mounted battery, so that you wouldn't have to remove the optic and re-zero when changing batteries.
View Quote
Yeah, same here.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's annoying sure, but if they did that then the RMR wouldn't be the lowest optic on the market anymore.  It's one of the few micro dots that can co-witness pistol iron sights, adding a battery tray or top hatch would take that advantage away.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's annoying sure, but if they did that then the RMR wouldn't be the lowest optic on the market anymore.  It's one of the few micro dots that can co-witness pistol iron sights, adding a battery tray or top hatch would take that advantage away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

Plus, the RMR with the new circuitry and auto shutdown feature is supposed to extend battery life to 2 years or so, which means re-zeroing is not nearly as onerous. The Leupold DPP does not have an auto shutoff feature so if you regularly carry the optic you will end up replacing the battery every few months -- so it is a good thing the DPP has a top mounted battery compartment!
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I see they still have tiny blue tinted windows with non aspheric lenses so you still get the distorted sight picture too. No thanks will wait for Type III. Hoping for more light transmission and asperic lenses in Type III.
View Quote
since your such a hater of all things reflex and we all know it, how about you just stick to threads on subjects you like.

the blue tint and lens just isnt all the bad, your autism must be flaring up. your not supposed to close one eye and sight thru the glass. its a 2 eye open deal.

aimpoints have distortion too, maybe just a little less.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 2:19:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep.

Plus, the RMR with the new circuitry and auto shutdown feature is supposed to extend battery life to 2 years or so, which means re-zeroing is not nearly as onerous. The Leupold DPP does not have an auto shutoff feature so if you regularly carry the optic you will end up replacing the battery every few months -- so it is a good thing the DPP has a top mounted battery compartment!
View Quote
I carry a DPP almost daily on a pistol and it does have an auto shut off. Leupold has that tech on numerous optics of theirs, not sure why you believe other wise.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I carry a DPP almost daily on a pistol and it does have an auto shut off. Leupold has that tech on numerous optics of theirs, not sure why you believe other wise.
View Quote
I had a DPP on a G19 for a bit and you're right it does have auto shutoff... what I meant to say is that the auto shutoff is constantly being reactivated by movement when the DPP is carried so the battery drains fairly quickly. What the DPP doesn't have is auto dimming - sorry about any confusion
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:44:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep Deltapoint Pro has auto shutoff like the VX-Rs
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
since your such a hater of all things reflex and we all know it, how about you just stick to threads on subjects you like.

the blue tint and lens just isnt all the bad, your autism must be flaring up. your not supposed to close one eye and sight thru the glass. its a 2 eye open deal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh... he's got a point. I like my RMR, but the distortion and level of tint compared to the Steiner MRS (competing miniaturized reflex) that I've got on my ARX is pretty severe. The MRS has significantly less tint and distortion. The frequency with which dust gets in front of the emitter and it appears on the reticle till I give it a brushing with a lens pen is also a little annoying.

I can live with the odd piece of dust, but it'd be nice if Trijicon reduced the tint and distortion by quite a bit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I had a DPP on a G19 for a bit and you're right it does have auto shutoff... what I meant to say is that the auto shutoff is constantly being reactivated by movement when the DPP is carried so the battery drains fairly quickly. What the DPP doesn't have is auto dimming - sorry about any confusion
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My dpp lasts 9 months of edc at the second to brightest setting.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I have been interested in this one for a Desert Egale and my G20.

Best, the battery slides out laterally so no removing from the mount

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/06/jeremy-s/gear-review-shield-sights-rms-reflex-mini-sight/
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shield RMS is lower and has a battery tray.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Shield RMS is lower and has a battery tray.
View Quote
Shield Mini Reflex
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:32:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm absolutely thrilled with my RMR 1 MOA adjustable LED model. I don't care about a little tint cause I don't really look through it. With both eyes open that razor sharp dot just floats in space and I'm not at all conscious of the lense. I keep one of those jelly fish covers over it tethered with some upohlestry thread so it doesn't get dust when not in use.  It turns on or off easily so I'm not worried about batteries. I turn it on when I pick up the weapon and turn it off when I put it away for the day. If I deployed in a hot zone I'd keep it on most of the time, but, hey, YEARS of battery life? I'm not worried about it. Change the battery and check zero at the beginning of each deployment. Done.

My only small gripe is that it doesn't remember the last setting when I turn it back on. No bid deal though. It's the most perfect optic I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:32:43 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Attractive package, but only auto brightness. I've never had good luck with MRDS with ONLY auto brightness. There are situations where it almost never works and some just suck all the time. Not for me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I think Deltapoint Pro is a better choice for all of us who do not use night vision.  Even if carrying on duty, a battery every nine months is quite respectable.  And on a HD type weapon, as is mine, the battery will last years, yet the dot is always on when you pick up the weapon.  Screen is huge compared to RMR, very clear, no distortion and virtually no tint.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think Deltapoint Pro is a better choice for all of us who do not use night vision.  Even if carrying on duty, a battery every nine months is quite respectable.  And on a HD type weapon, as is mine, the battery will last years, yet the dot is always on when you pick up the weapon.  Screen is huge compared to RMR, very clear, no distortion and virtually no tint.
View Quote
I agree yet the mounts are there for the RMR and not so much for the Deltapoint Pro
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Deltapoint looks like a very fine optic and I really like the auto on/off feature.  I just never understood the larger-field-of-view argument when it comes to MRDS. When I open both eyes and look into the distance PAST the site, I am completely unaware of the site itself.  I'm not sure what  benefit a bigger window would provide?  The dot is there or it isn't and the dot is all that matters. How does giving it a bigger window to float around in, help?  If you're not lined up with the site, you're not going to see the dot. If anything, it seems to me that the bigger window might encourage me to be sloppier and not keep the dot more centered.  

I do like the clearer glass on the Delta, but the slight bluish tint on the RMR has never seemed to make a practical difference for me. I've heard that it has advantages for better picking up the dot under some lighting conditions, but I really don't know. I DO know that there's probably nothing tougher than the RMR, and since it's my backup sight, that gives me comfort.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The Deltapoint looks like a very fine optic and I really like the auto on/off feature.  I just never understood the larger-field-of-view argument when it comes to MRDS. When I open both eyes and look into the distance PAST the site, I am completely unaware of the site itself.  I'm not sure what  benefit a bigger window would provide?  The dot is there or it isn't and the dot is all that matters. How does giving it a bigger window to float around in, help?  If you're not lined up with the site, you're not going to see the dot. If anything, it seems to me that the bigger window might encourage me to be sloppier and not keep the dot more centered.  

I do like the clearer glass on the Delta, but the slight bluish tint on the RMR has never seemed to make a practical difference for me. I've heard that it has advantages for better picking up the dot under some lighting conditions, but I really don't know. I DO know that there's probably nothing tougher than the RMR, and since it's my backup sight, that gives me comfort.
View Quote
It helps having a bigger window even on rifles. It helps to find the dot when you are in a weird position.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It helps having a bigger window even on rifles. It helps to find the dot when you are in a weird position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah i used to rail on people for being retarded when complaining about the "small FOV" of t1/t2, but then I got an MRO and i am a bit quicker bringing it to bear from certain positions.  So now I only rail on the small "FOV" people a little.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah i used to rail on people for being retarded when complaining about the "small FOV" of t1/t2, but then I got an MRO and i am a bit quicker bringing it to bear from certain positions.  So now I only rail on the small "FOV" people a little.
View Quote
Guess I need to try it.  I even lose the dot in the RMR's little window. Not sure how having a bigger window to search for it in, would help.  On pistols they talk about the importance of mounting these things co-witnessed with the irons so the shooter can use them to find the dot. Rather than a larger window, maybe it would be more helpful to have something like that to help the shooter get lined up.  IDK.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top