Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2017 4:35:02 AM EDT
I'm trying to decide which to use. I really like the look of the Arms A frame front, but it uses hex screws to secure it to the barrel. I don't know how secure this is, as I hear of a lot of people having trouble with it canting. However it does have a bayonet lug, so I mean it has to be able to keep up right. Another option is the YHM one, which is a lot cheaper, but I've read reviews of the front sight being wobbly at times. Are there any that use taper pins, as I'm much more comfortable knowing that those are on my rifle? Any suggestions would help. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't worry a bit about the durability of set screw or clamping attachments. I have a low-profile gas block that's attached with set screws, and it gives no trouble.

Were I to use a gas block/front sight though, I'd probably go with a PRI even though they're kind of expensive, just because I really like their front sight.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a pin on version of the A.R.M.S.. It is called the #41 B-L-P.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Vltor model and like it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the ARMS, I like it,
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't worry a bit about the durability of set screw or clamping attachments. I have a low-profile gas block that's attached with set screws, and it gives no trouble.

Were I to use a gas block/front sight though, I'd probably go with a PRI even though they're kind of expensive, just because I really like their front sight.
View Quote
Lol I hate the PRI front sight.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the YHM clamp on gas block/flip up sight on a pistol and it is rock solid
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top