Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2017 7:41:36 PM EDT
I've owned a 2MOA aimpoint red dot for a while. I got a PA 6x red dot magnifier last year and have been using since.

The problem with this set up is that the dot becomes blurry when magnified.

The PA 6x magnifier:

http://www.primaryarms.com/product/4129?filter=2star

The thing has the diopter adjustment knob but no matter how many times I turn that thing counter clockwise or clockwise it won't do anything; I do not notice any changes in the image after turning hundreds of times.

Now I'm thinking this feature on the magnifier is a total bogus...

Anybody have any experience with this magnifier?

Can the aimpoint red dot be fixed?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The ocular focus on my Vortex 3x magnifier works and the T2 dot is made sharp when the magnifier is in focus.

Maybe your diopter/ocular focus isn't working.

JPK
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
No experience with that model.  The aim point model I had was 2 or 3x and I never noticed that issue.  6x sounds like trying to do to much.   I never liked my aimpoint magnifier either, fwiw.  It did work, it just really did not add much mag like yours.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the problem is too much magnification or the diopter adjustment is broken.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Which Aimpoint? The T/H/R-1s had a refraction issue which would turn the dot into a slash from upper left to lower right when magnified.  The 2s fixed this.  The Comps didn't have the issue.   
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which Aimpoint? The T/H/R-1s had a refraction issue which would turn the dot into a slash from upper left to lower right when magnified.  The 2s fixed this.  The Comps didn't have the issue.   
View Quote
yeah I believe the problem is too much magnification. I do have the compC3. Maybe I got a fake one haha. Joke.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Aimpoint manufacturers a 6x magnifier, so that's not the problem. The diopter adjustment, or lack thereof is probably the problem.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Aimpoint manufacturers a 6x magnifier, so that's not the problem. The diopter adjustment, or lack thereof is probably the problem.
View Quote
Negative. I've tried it with adjustable diopter magnifiers.  It's the 1st gen Micro's that are the variable.  It only happens with them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:57:56 AM EDT
[#8]
So the blur is normal in aimpoints right...?

Quoted:
Negative. I've tried it with adjustable diopter magnifiers.  It's the 1st gen Micro's that are the variable.  It only happens with them.
View Quote
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top