Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2017 5:16:37 PM EDT
Anybody got one?

Do you like it?

Is the super/sub drop reticle even close to being right?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TA11-C-100414

The obvious beauty of simple dots below center is that they will represent something - the trick is you have to figure out what they represent based on the specific ammo you use.  Any time you change barrel length, ammo, powder charge etc you effect the velocity that the bullet leaves the barrel.  As you know the faster the bullet the further out it gets before gravity's constant force significantly effects bullet drop / trajectory.  When you run multiple types of ammo from the same gun the light fast bullets drop less than the heavy slow bullets. While I do not have this specific optic my experience with Trijicon is that their products are well thought out and I would have no problem using this optic on a 300 Blackout.  I would of course want to know for sure how the dots correspond to actual distances and only time on the range and a variety of ammo will give you the exact information you seek. Obviously if you reload you can fine tune your ammo to match the reticle exactly but most of us don't care if the bullet strikes an inch above the button or an inch below on live targets; on paper only  -- does it make a difference. Keep in mind this is a gunfight optic.  If you want an optic for target performance wrong caliber wrong optic.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got this reticle in my ACOG, and I've had VERY good luck with the drops lining up with the following barrel lengths and ammo:

16"bbl:
110gr Barnes TAC-TX factory loads zeroed at 100 and the 200yd holdover was perfect. (Haven't shot it past 200)
110gr Hornady A-Max factory loads (Same performance as above)
220gr SMK subsonic Factory loads fell perfectly at the 25, 50, 100, 150, and 200yd subsonic aiming points

9" bbl: (BCM barrel)
I used the exact same ammo and re-zeroed at 100 and the BDC worked perfectly - there was no shift in impact comparing the trajectories of the 16" and 9" barrels. That's the beauty of the 300BLK - it's not extremely sensitive to the barrel length.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Trijicon will tell you the MOA values of various holdover points if needed, if you email them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top