Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2017 9:42:55 PM EDT
I bought my first Aimpoint PRO back in early March and first thought that the dot wasn't that bright even on the highest setting. The first time I took it to the range the dot was crystal clear and visible on this same setting. Today I go to the range and the dot can't even be seen on the highest setting, except for when I close the cover. So I am wondering is this an issue with the battery, or the actual red dot itself? Hard for me to think it's the battery when they are supposed to last 2-3 years, not 3 months. Let me know if you or anyone else you know has had a similar problem.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
First thing I would do is try a new battery.  You could simply have received a bad one.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Do the cheapest possible fix first... replace the battery.

Get a quality brand, not a cheap ebay Chinese battery.

New batteries can be bad.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what I was thinking, just wanted to make sure that this issue isn't common. I'll get some new batteries and see what it does. I was gonna roll with these on Amazon..
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Perhaps inconsistent contact with the battery?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's what I was thinking, just wanted to make sure that this issue isn't common. I'll get some new batteries and see what it does. I was gonna roll with these on Amazon..
View Quote
They work and I'm pretty sure that's what Aimpoint ships them with. However if you can I would try to find the Energizer brand because I've had leakage issues with Duracells. Energizer sells them as 2L76 batteries they are the same thing. 
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Definitely not common. I hate to be the person to ask, but you did buy it from a reputable source? (its a real Aimpoint)
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted B
y FullAuto1987:

Definitely not common. I hate to be the person to ask, but you did buy it from a reputable source? (its a real Aimpoint)
View Quote
Yes, bought it from Optics Planet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They work and I'm pretty sure that's what Aimpoint ships them with. However if you can I would try to find the Energizer brand because I've had leakage issues with Duracells. Energizer sells them as 2L76 batteries they are the same thing. 
View Quote
Went to my LGS today who sells Aimpoint's, got one of the Energizer 2L76 batteries and the red dot is now brighter than the day I received it from Optics Planet. Looks like it was just the battery. Thank God! Lol... I just found it odd that an optics battery would go dead that quick in about a 3 month time span. Guess it was just a bad battery that was shipped with the product.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I've had bad batteries now on two new RDS. Now, I chunk batteries that come with them and replace the batteries before even mounting the sights. The batteries could be years old and stored at high temps before the optics manufacturers even receive them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top