Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2017 6:42:31 PM EDT
A friend wants to keep an EOTech 3x magnifier, but doesn't know if it's compatible with Aimpoint Pro's as far as alignment is concerned.

I told him I would be surprised if it didn't work fine. I have never used any brand of magnifier on a RDS, so can't give him any first hand information.

He's out-of-town until Monday, and our schedules are in conflict or I would let him mount the magnifier on one of my rifles. He's running out of time.

He's concerned that if he returns the EOTECH he might have to buy another to replace it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The factory mounts on both are not perfectly aligned but it is close and works well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Fire on release
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I was able to meet up with my friend today so he could see how well the Aimpoint Pro lined up with his EOTech flip to side 3x magnifier.

Not very well was our discovery. Could it be used? Not really. It's off by around 1/4 of being centered. Definitely wacky when trying to use it.

You can see the dot, but that's the only positive thing I can say. I'm glad I was able to give him a first hand experience before he ordered a replacement.

This is not a combination that should be used together.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Samson 3.5x FTS magnifier, if I recall it came with a spacer that was not required for my Eo 512.

Maybe there is a spacer for this setup?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was able to meet up with my friend today so he could see how well the Aimpoint Pro lined up with his EOTech flip to side 3x magnifier.

Not very well was our discovery. Could it be used? Not really. It's off by around 1/4 of being centered. Definitely wacky when trying to use it.

You can see the dot, but that's the only positive thing I can say. I'm glad I was able to give him a first hand experience before he ordered a replacement.

View Quote
You have to buy mounts that match in cowitness height. Find out what cowitness the eotech is at then buy the appropriate mount for the PRO.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You have to buy mounts that match in cowitness height. Find out what cowitness the eotech is at then buy the appropriate mount for the PRO.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. VERY good combo when using the proper mounts.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did you have the spacer in your G33 mount? Did he have the spacer in his Pro mount?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I use an Aimpoint T1 on a larue 660 mount and an eotech G33 with the factory flip to side mount. 

It lines up perfectly and I do not see any of the optic. 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#10]
It was off, too far to the right. The offset wasn't up and down. The magnifier was aligned approximately 1/4" to the right of the Aimpoint's center. Both using mounts that came from the factory as is.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#11]
That doesn't sound right. These are both factory mounts and they are aligned well within 1/4".

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It was off, too far to the right. The offset wasn't up and down. The magnifier was aligned approximately 1/4" to the right of the Aimpoint's center. Both using mounts that came from the factory as is.
View Quote
Were they properly mounted to the upper and seated correctly?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top