Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2017 6:17:57 PM EDT

Quoted:
Here's a good first look at Carl Zeiss's new V6 1-6x Conquest by Tim Yan.
I had a chance to see this at the same event, and was impressed by its performance
shooting it on both big game rifles (.375 Ruger Magnum, .450/400 3 inch double rifle) and an AR.
Good daylight illuminated dot which is very fast on 1x. We were shooting charging buffalo and elephant
targets with it....

http://www.gunsandtech.com/gun-optics/tyan/first-impression-zeiss-conquest-v6-1-6x24-rifle-optic/

http://www.gunsandtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/zeiss_v6_1-6x24_04-720x504.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang, that is a nice optic
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have bought a lot of Zeiss glass for cameras.  They really can do the math for lens formulas.  I have always been a huge fan of the T* coating.  Trivia, the Mars Rover NavCams are a hybrid Hologon/Biogon formula.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#3]
looks good.  zeiss glass is excellent.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks great, would like to try one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#5]
You have my attention.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:01:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder when they released that new reticle?

I had looked at these just a few days ago it seems and at the time on their website I only noticed a simple crosshair reticle with a center dot.

No MILS or BDC for holdover.  They have clearly amended that or I simply missed it recently.

Looks to be a contender....
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like they are calling it a 1.1-6x on their website so not claiming true 1x on the low end.

I know that is subjective.  In my experience my Vortex Razor 1-6x and Steiner T5Xi 1-5x are both true 1x on the low end.  Other people say that they don't seem to be 'true' 1x for them.

The diopter adjustment to correct reticle focus for people with different eyesight DOES change the apparent magnification on the low end, at least in my experience.

Still nice to see this offering from Zeiss.  Crystal clear 1.1x on the low end is good enough IMHO.

17.8 ounces for the Zeiss
19.4 for the Steiner
25.2 for the Vortex.

I know it's heavy but for the durability I have come to expect from my Razor I don't find the added weight objectionable at all.

Still that Zeiss is almost a half pound lighter.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had looked at these just a few days ago it seems and at the time on their website I only noticed a simple crosshair reticle with a center dot.

No MILS or BDC for holdover.  They have clearly amended that or I simply missed it recently.

View Quote
I believe the Euro version (released in IWA) is different than the USA version (released in NRAAM). The USA version has the MOA reticle option and 1/2 MOA turret, I don't believe the Euro version has that and has metric turret (10mm per click).
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks like they are calling it a 1.1-6x on their website so not claiming true 1x on the low end.

I know that is subjective.  In my experience my Vortex Razor 1-6x and Steiner T5Xi 1-5x are both true 1x on the low end.  Other people say that they don't seem to be 'true' 1x for them.

The diopter adjustment to correct reticle focus for people with different eyesight DOES change the apparent magnification on the low end, at least in my experience.

Still nice to see this offering from Zeiss.  Crystal clear 1.1x on the low end is good enough IMHO.

17.8 ounces for the Zeiss
19.4 for the Steiner
25.2 for the Vortex.

I know it's heavy but for the durability I have come to expect from my Razor I don't find the added weight objectionable at all.

Still that Zeiss is almost a half pound lighter.
View Quote
Priced at about $1400 MSRP?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]
It's a shame they chose to make an MOA reticle.  Basically killed it for me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Zeiss said that's what 'Mericans wanted.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#12]
This is my first post but wanted to comment/ask a question.  I'm REALLY considering buying this scope when it comes out next month, however, it is MOA only.  Please explain to me why I shouldn't get this scope just because of this and if not what should I get in it's place.  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
specs say two reticles one a duplex type with red dot and z moa 4

Zeiss 1-6 reticles

Link Posted: 6/9/2017 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's a shame they chose to make an MOA reticle.  Basically killed it for me.
View Quote
IMHO mils are too fine for LPV.  I think a BDC is perfect in an optic like this.  MOA.....  meh....
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Again, the Zeiss USA rep told me that they have scopes in metric, kinda like mils, and the Americans are not buying them. After they did all the marketing researching, they came to the conclusion that Americans want MOA adjustment and MOA turrets. Now they are offering them.....as what their customers wanted. Not sure about the reticle but Zeiss USA could get you the metric turrets on the Euro model if you willing to pay for the parts.

They also told me that the 1-6x24 doesn't have the fluorite crystal lens because it doesn't make any difference in that size.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They also told me that the 1-6x24 doesn't have the fluorite crystal lens because it doesn't make any difference in that size.
View Quote
Interesting. The article linked goes to great lengths to explain the benefits of the fluorite crystal lenses that this scope was supposed to use.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Again I'm curious, I'm REALLY looking into buying this scope next month when it's available.  Is there something else I should get instead?  It would be my first 1-6 scope.  I don't do 3 gun or any comps but really like the features and know Zeiss makes good glass.  thanks for all answers as I'm kinda a newb when it comes to scopes but pretty much have settled on a 1-6.  Thanks again
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://i2.wp.com/www.gunsandtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/zeiss_v6_1-6x24_02.jpg

Quoted:
Here's a good first look at Carl Zeiss's new V6 1-6x Conquest by Tim Yan.
I had a chance to see this at the same event, and was impressed by its performance
shooting it on both big game rifles (.375 Ruger Magnum, .450/400 3 inch double rifle) and an AR.
Good daylight illuminated dot which is very fast on 1x. We were shooting charging buffalo and elephant
targets with it....

http://www.gunsandtech.com/gun-optics/tyan/first-impression-zeiss-conquest-v6-1-6x24-rifle-optic/

http://www.gunsandtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/zeiss_v6_1-6x24_04-720x504.jpg
View Quote
View Quote

Gorgeous optic, but...

I. JUST. DONT. GET. IT. why those high-end euro optics companies insist on only putting dope n dial rets in scopes most suited for run n gun weapons! Ugh!!!  Slap something like a CMR-W or an ACSS in there and I'd buy that thing in a heartbeat. It's useless to me otherwise.  Just pisses me off looking at it.  Steiner is the only one that starts to get it. Oh, well. It's a boon for the stateside optics firms.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Gorgeous optic, but...

I JUST. DONT. GET. IT. why those high-end euro optics companies insist on only putting dope n dial rets in scopes most suited for run n gun weapons! Ugh!!!  Slap something like a CMR-W or an ACSS in there and I'd buy that thing in a heartbeat. It's useless to me otherwise.  Just pisses me off looking at it.  Steiner is the only one that starts to get it. Oh, well. It's a boon for the stateside optics firms.
View Quote
Germans don't like peons telling them what to do....the are the elite and tell you what you should have....the American market is a big learning curve for Germans.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Germans don't like peons telling them what to do....the are the elite and tell you what you should have....the American market is a big learning curve for Germans.
View Quote
You'd think that the Germans of all people would get it. On the other hand, they always were suckers for engineering things to the point where they were too precise for their intended purposes.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top