Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2017 1:55:00 PM EDT
I have TA01-NSN, and when I cover the front, I can barely see the amber cross.  This is an 800,000 serial number, so rather new.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a TA33 in amber that's 10 years old and the tritium is still quite visible.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a lot of ambient light, as in just covering the front with your hand but you are in a bright room? Try going into a dark, essentially pitch black room and try to looking at it then. The tritium only really shines in total darkness.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The TA01NSNs are all subdued tritium.

Even brand new it's hard to pick up the glow even at night.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The TA01NSNs are all subdued tritium.

Even brand new it's hard to pick up the glow even at night.
View Quote
makes you wonder what the point is of having "glow in the dark?"  My red tritium is visible, but not so much the amber.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Tritium is always dim. It's meant to be used in near complete darkness. I don't find it all that useful. Not a fan of any night sights either.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Had an early model with amber sold it and went fiber optics red...
Green or red either one is my preference these days....
For my purposes though I'd rather have an LED with a 2MOA dot and a decent reticle for <300 yds and 55gr XM193
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay, so here is a related question.   Does anyone know if Trijicon will replace the tritium for a fee when it starts to dim?  I mean, with a life of 20 years, that sounds long, but that means you are losing 5% of the brightness every year.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

makes you wonder what the point is of having "glow in the dark?"  My red tritium is visible, but not so much the amber.
View Quote
TA01NSN is dull on purpose for use with NODs.

When it burns out Trijicon will replace it for a few hundred dollars.

You can also send it in if you feel it is dimmer than it should be and they will test it and warranty if necessary.

That's probably not the case though, it's just the model you have deliberately has subdued tritium.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top