Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2017 10:50:30 PM EDT
Recently purchased Colt 6920 OEM1.  Has a front sight post that has a slight 'T' shape instead of the normal straight 'I' shape.

Is this the new thing from Colt?  

UPDATE:
It turns out this was grease or something on the front sight post.  It wiped off when I put it in a rifle bag to take to a shop.  It looks normal now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#1]
None of mine look that way.

Friday special on the assembly line?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like it got smacked or compressed somehow.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't consider anything out of the norm for current production Colt.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:15:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a new OEM-1 in March.  Mine is a normal squared front sight post.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:07:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks to me like it just wasn't cleaned up properly before being parkerized. When I zoom in on that pic anyways
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Shave it and make it your gas block.  Free float the rail.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Or replace the $3 pin.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or replace the $3 pin.
View Quote
^ what he said
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#9]
clean it up with a file if it bothers you
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#10]
It's a Colt. What did you expect, it's mil-spec. If it was any other brand you would be told to send that POS back but as it's a Colt, suck it up, it's a tool, only a $3 part. If Colt built cars they would all come with a dent in the door and chrome falling off the bumpers but they will run when filled with fuel.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's a Colt. What did you expect, it's mil-spec. If it was any other brand you would be told to send that POS back but as it's a Colt, suck it up, it's a tool, only a $3 part. If Colt built cars they would all come with a dent in the door and chrome falling off the bumpers but they will run when filled with fuel.
View Quote
Remain calm
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I have it on good authority that this is something new they're doing. And it's intentional.

Here's the scoop. Colt recently hired a new engineer, and part of the onboarding included review of the TDP. Well, this new guy stumbled across a footnote that had been overlooked for decades; that a properly spec'd rifle must have a FSP with a very slight "T" profile. It's far too technical to go through why this matters. Just trust me; it does. Simply put, without a proper "T" profile FSP, a rifle cannot be considered mil-spec.

In case anyone didn't pick up on it, I'm being incredibly facetious. The sad thing is, if the above were true, there'd be legitimately serious comments asserting whatever brand rifle isn't any good because it doesn't come with a "T" profile FSP.  I'm actually not kidding on this point. We already see this with the F-Marked arguments.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Remain calm
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have it on good authority that this is something new they're doing. And it's intentional.

Here's the scoop. Colt recently hired a new engineer, and part of the onboarding included review of the TDP. Well, this new guy stumbled across a footnote that had been overlooked for decades; that a properly spec'd rifle must have a FSP with a very slight "T" profile. It's far too technical to go through why this matters. Just trust me; it does. Simply put, without a proper "T" profile FSP, a rifle cannot be considered mil-spec.
View Quote
Even with your "disclaimer" about kidding....this is how internet derp spreads.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#16]
It looks damaged. But even so, Colt still makes the best AR in the world. They would really have to screw things up to relinquish that position. I would just replace the post. Or use it as is, it won't make a difference in shooting.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#17]
UPDATE:
It turns out this was grease or something on the front sight post. It wiped off when I put it in a rifle bag to take to a shop. It looks normal now.

And I agree with the above about Colt making a very good rifle.  From the Henderson Defense thread, they certainly seem to make a very good one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#18]
The difference between nonsense...

Quoted:
It looks damaged. But even so, Colt still makes the best AR in the world. They would really have to screw things up to relinquish that position. I would just replace the post. Or use it as is, it won't make a difference in shooting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
and reason...

Quoted:
....And I agree with the above about Colt making a very good rifle...

can be as simple as one's choice of adjectives.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top