Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2017 10:36:16 PM EDT
I can't find any reviews on the 2017 version of this scope. Anyone here have it and your thoughts on it?

VX-6HD 1-6x24mm MultiGun
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
There are some reviews on the Loopy site of the scope.  I like what I see, FFP reticle.

I'm looking for optics for a AR I bought a month ago.  This looks like a decent choice.  Like damn, I have 200 rounds of TMK and a rifle with no sites.  I gotta get off my ass and spend more money.

Take a gander at the Q&A section there also, some things like this:

Drew,

Assuming the illumination is on constantly, the battery will last 24 hours on high power and 500 hours on low power.

Keep in mind those figures assume the illumination is on all the time. VX-R scopes have a motion sensor, when the scope is not moving the illumination turns off automatically. It well then turn on the moment you move the scope.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it FFP?

I have 2 of the non hd models.  Love them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe it is a SFP.

2017 SS
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe it is a SFP.

2017 SS
View Quote
Thought so.  

You will like it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked the standard vx6hd 1-6 at shot, and I must say it had the most stunning 1x of any 1-x I picked up there imo. It was the closest 1x I've ever seen, and from what I could tell indoors the glass quality was superb.

If I wasn't saving for a 300wm scope it would be my next purchase.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked one up a little over a month ago.  It has great glass, decent eye box, extremely lightweight, lockable turrets with positive clicks.  My only complaints are the green dot is barely visible during the brightest time of the day and the magnification lever attachment is large and awkward looking.  The two aforementioned complaints turned me off and I put it up for sale and was going to suck it up and buy the K16i, but I think I'm going to send in to Leupold and have them change to a red dot and put on their custom magnification lever.  Cost for both would be about $210.  Still cheaper then the K16i.  I'm also a little indifferent about the push button to adjust the dot intensity, but through Leupold custom shop they can change it out to a turn knob with off settings between illumination levels......for a low price of about $200
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess you have the Firedot reticle. Would the CM-R2 be daylight bright?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I guess you have the Firedot reticle. Would the CM-R2 be daylight bright?
View Quote
Yes, the firedot G reticle.  If the CM-R2 is like last years model then it's probably not (from most reviews I read).
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Does it have a locking windage turret? Or just the elevation?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Cmr2 is not bright sunny day visible.  
Still awesome
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cmr2 is not bright sunny day visible.  
Still awesome
View Quote
On the none HD model? Is there any reason to believe this model is brighter?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

On the none HD model? Is there any reason to believe this model is brighter?
View Quote
correct.

i dont know the answer to the second question.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top