Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2017 12:14:37 AM EDT
I was cruising the web looking for an optic and stumbled on the trs 25. I recall problems a while back. I was reading the reviews and they are either great or 1 star. People saying the dot disappears or it quits working. Others love it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:28:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have owned a pile of the trs-25's and every single one has done right by me. I've also owned them from when they first came out, up until a year or so ago and none of them have given me issues. I've got rid of some of my extra ones but still keep a few on backup rifles. Lots of my family members run them as well and I haven't heard any negative feedback from them either.

Only complaint I have is the mount that comes with the trs-25 HiRise. I've mounted several of them and all of them seem to lean a little to the right.
Does it mount up solid? Yes.
Can you still zero your rifle? Yes.
Does it still hold up to the abuse of riding around on several farm tractors? Yes.

If the slight cant of the factory mount bugs you, you can buy the inexpensive UTG mount on amazon for less than $10 and it will remedy the issue.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used them on everything from a .22 handgun to a .45-70 handi-rifle, and have never had a problem.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:12:31 AM EDT
[#3]
They are great value optics that are reliable, but they burn fast through batteries in my experience. I've never had one fail on me. I've seen deals where you can buy them for as low as $55.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:21:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought one with the emitter in the bad location. The dot would disappear on the top 15% of the sight.

They've went back to the old emitter location.

If you buy one just turn it on and move your head so the dot goes upward. If it disappears before you run out if glass you got the crap design. Return it and buy another.

I don't remember but I think....I think you want the emitter at the six o'clock location and not the other location. Might be the other way around. Im sure someone will be along with a fresher memory.

The reason I'll never buy one even though it's fixed is because the scumbags knew it was boinked and didn't care. I called to see what the deal was. The rep admitted they knew about it and said they were going back to the old design. I said, "and you're still selling the crap ones?"  He said yup. I asked what they would do about mine since technically it didn't work as it should. He said nothing.

Wasn't his fault. I was glad he was honest. But fuck that company. I'll never buy from them again and I'll tell this to whoever will listen.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:29:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one with the emitter in the bad location. The dot would disappear on the top 15% of the sight.

They've went back to the old emitter location.

If you buy one just turn it on and move your head so the dot goes upward. If it disappears before you run out if glass you got the crap design. Return it and buy another.

I don't remember but I think....I think you want the emitter at the six o'clock location and not the other location. Might be the other way around. Im sure someone will be along with a fresher memory.

The reason I'll never buy one even though it's fixed is because the scumbags knew it was boinked and didn't care. I called to see what the deal was. The rep admitted they knew about it and said they were going back to the old design. I said, "and you're still selling the crap ones?"  He said yup. I asked what they would do about mine since technically it didn't work as it should. He said nothing.

Wasn't his fault. I was glad he was honest. But fuck that company. I'll never buy from them again and I'll tell this to whoever will listen.
View Quote
This, I'd rather buy from Primary Arms or even Holosun for a budget red dot.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I've owned 3  all have been g2g. I use them as temporary red dots tell I decide what I really want.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top