Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2017 8:59:14 AM EDT
Anyone have any thoughts/ experience w/ this sight?  Their Aimpoint style rds seem to get a pretty good reception. I am looking at their ''eotech'' style reflex sight, their first one.  Has the ability to change the reitcle and, being I have some astigmatism, from what I have seen on a couple of utube reviews, it seems to be a CLEAR looking reticle  even w/ some astigmatism.

On a related note, is Optics Planet gtg?  They have them.  I would go Primary Arms, but they do not have this model.

Thanks for any info
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got a 503GU this week from Botach.  They had on sale for 161 from the reg 241.  It has both the eotech and single dot options.   I like it a lot so far and well worth the sale price I got it for.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#2]
510c looks good, but I don't believe the emitter is enclosed in the optic. That sort of killed it for me since dust/debris could block the reticle from being projected onto the glass. Also it looked a little too bulky for a 5.5" AR pistol.

Ordered a HS503GU instead for about $200 off of ebay. Basically it's the circle dot version of the ACSS style of red dot. No solar, battery compartment is on the side.

Also ordered a AMD QD Mount for about $75.

IMO the price came just under the 510c, but the micro dot series seems more robust. You get an Eotech style reticle in a micro dot style body. Micro dots seem more robust than holo sights in general though you do miss out on the field of view.

If you do get the 510c let me know how you like it though. I was curious about Holosun's QD mounts as well.

Edit: Damn I wish I didn't miss that sale.

My 403GL in a Seekins mount is going strong too. I'm going to throw it on my HD Carbine and cowitness it with DD Fixed Irons. I figure I'll put the circle dot on my 9mm AR Pistol.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
In looking at the specifications of the Holosun 510C there seems only one thing wrong to me.  It weighs 9.3 oz.  Compare this to the 4.23 oz for the HS503C or the 5.57 oz for the Holosun 515C.  True the 515C comes with a quick detach mount with weighs 2.7 oz so the 503C and 515C are probably about equal in weight.  The 510C does come with a QD mount.  I don't know if it is a co-witness-able sight with irons or not.  It is 2.5 inches in height.  Anybody know?  How about the weight on the 510C?  Or am I just a wussie?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top