Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope. Fake. According to a few members here we are being emotional and fanboys about this.

Top guys use it so end of story. We are fanboys

It's funny how it's the few same guys who run into these threads to defend EOtech. I don't think they consider what they do to their reputation when they do. I know that I have to apply a bit of skepticism when I read any of their posts now where as before I considered it solid information.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait a second, am I reading this correctly? People who received refunds are going to get vouchers for new sights?

I sent mine in in January and I'm still waiting for my refund. Are they going to send me money and a voucher for a new EXPS-3? It's nice that I'm getting a refund but what the hell am I supposed to do with a $22.50 voucher? That's not even 1/10th of what one of their sights costs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I get a timeout every time I try to send the claim form in.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait a second, am I reading this correctly? People who received refunds are going to get vouchers for new sights?
View Quote
No, you are not reading it correctly.

FAQ #6. What if I have previously received a refund from EOTech? Answer: If you received a refund from EOTech, you will automatically be sent a voucher toward the purchase of a new EOTech product.

FAQ #8. What does the Settlement provide? Answer: If you: Previously received a refund from EOTech, You may be entitled to: A $22.50 voucher toward the purchase of a new EOTech product will automatically be sent to you.

(One imagines that is for each sight returned.)

FAQ #26. What happens if I do nothing at all?  Answer: If you previously received a refund from EOTech, you do not have to do anything to receive a $22.50 product voucher as that will automatically be sent to you if you do not opt out and the settlement receives final approval.

Personally, I'm hard-pressed to understand why there even was a class action lawsuit.  EOTech refunded the MSRP of all the sights included in the class action, including $15 for shipping, upon request and with no questions asked.  They've been so good about it that, when I returned one that was gifted to me, and couldn't come up with a number, they told me what the MSRP was at the time and asked me to re-submit my request.  Don't see how anybody could have asked for more.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nope. Fake. According to a few members here we are being emotional and fanboys about this.

Top guys use it so end of story. We are fanboys

It's funny how it's the few same guys who run into these threads to defend EOtech. I don't think they consider what they do to their reputation when they do. I know that I have to apply a bit of skepticism when I read any of their posts now where as before I considered it solid information.
View Quote
How is what you say any different from those who only bash EOTech? It's the same three or four trolls who, even when info comes out to suggest that other optics may have problems, they doubledown with statements like "I would never touch an EOTech" or "EOTech is trash" or some other garbage. Whether you like it or not, people who operate in far more difficult environments than your mom's basement are successfully using EOTechs, so it is not nothing.

I am at a loss for where this emotion comes from (yes, if you post in every thread repeating the same comments, you deserve to be called an "emotional fanboy"). I guess people just want all their decisions to come down to a simple binary choice. If the Internet can all agree that EOTech has the cooties, then it's simple to (a) choose anything but EOTech (and that must be Aimpoint, right?) and (b) come here and have that choice validated (I mean, even EOTech sayd they have the cooties right?).

But when other information comes out demonstrating that the opposite (of EOTech) might be imperfect or have some issues, you fanboys crucify the messenger. Why? Beause that's easier than using your melon and recognizing that all mechanical devices can fail and that there are no perfects substitutes.

ETA: My next optic will be an EXPS3-0TAN to replace the one I never should have sent back. Guess my life expentancy just shortened.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How is what you say any different from those who only bash EOTech? It's the same three or four trolls who, even when info comes out to suggest that other optics may have problems, they doubledown with statements like "I would never touch an EOTech" or "EOTech is trash" or some other garbage. Whether you like it or not, people who operate in far more difficult environments than your mom's basement are successfully using EOTechs, so it is not nothing.

I am at a loss for where this emotion comes from (yes, if you post in every thread repeating the same comments, you deserve to be called an "emotional fanboy"). I guess people just want all their decisions to come down to a simple binary choice. If the Internet can all agree that EOTech has the cooties, then it's simple to (a) choose anything but EOTech (and that must be Aimpoint, right?) and (b) come here and have that choice validated (I mean, even EOTech sayd they have the cooties right?).

But when other information comes out demonstrating that the opposite (of EOTech) might be imperfect or have some issues, you fanboys crucify the messenger. Why? Beause that's easier than using your melon and recognizing that all mechanical devices can fail and that there are no perfects substitutes.

ETA: My next optic will be an EXPS3-0TAN to replace the one I never should have sent back. Guess my life expentancy just shortened.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Personally, I'm hard-pressed to understand why there even was a class action lawsuit.  EOTech refunded the MSRP of all the sights included in the class action, including $15 for shipping, upon request and with no questions asked.  They've been so good about it that, when I returned one that was gifted to me, and couldn't come up with a number, they told me what the MSRP was at the time and asked me to re-submit my request.  Don't see how anybody could have asked for more.
View Quote
Agreed

It's a very liberal thing to want more money after already being compensated
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Recently I've been thinking the same. I should have never returned my XPS2.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#9]
They refunded me my purchase price for my battery devouring sight, I feel I was made whole.

Not sure what $22.50 would even buy if I was in the market for a new EOTech... Bet the lawyer is making out pretty darn good here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Those of you who sent their EOTech's in, did you send them directly to EOTech, or did you send them to the address listed on that form?  

I have one that hasn't given me any problems, but it resides in the safe for most of it's life...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:58:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Those of you who sent their EOTech's in, did you send them directly to EOTech, or did you send them to the address listed on that form?  

I have one that hasn't given me any problems, but it resides in the safe for most of it's life...
View Quote
99 percent sure they sent them straight to EOTech. When the refund program first kicked off I remember EOTech's local post offices were massively overwhelmed with sent back EOTech parcels.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Whether you like it or not, people who operate in far more difficult environments than your mom's basement are successfully using EOTechs, so it is not nothing.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
How is what you just posted any different from what I suggested? We literally read the same thing and somehow you've reached the conclusion that my understanding is somehow wrong.

Quoted:

I sent mine in in January and I'm still waiting for my refund. Are they going to send me money and a voucher for a new EXPS-3? It's nice that I'm getting a refund but what the hell am I supposed to do with a $22.50 voucher? That's not even 1/10th of what one of their sights costs.
Quoted:
FAQ #6. What if I have previously received a refund from EOTech? Answer: If you received a refund from EOTech, you will automatically be sent a voucher toward the purchase of a new EOTech product.

FAQ #8. What does the Settlement provide? Answer: If you: Previously received a refund from EOTech, You may be entitled to: A $22.50 voucher toward the purchase of a new EOTech product will automatically be sent to you.
Please enlighten me as to what I read incorrectly?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I never sent my 552 during the time everyone was last year.

After seeing this, I thought maybe I should. Then I checked the MFG date and it was too old to qualify.

Oh well. It has not given me problems so I will hang on to it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They refunded me my purchase price for my battery devouring sight, I feel I was made whole.

Not sure what $22.50 would even buy if I was in the market for a new EOTech... Bet the lawyer is making out pretty darn good here.
View Quote
This is the biggest reason I want to do the refund. I really do like my EOTech, but sweet Jesus its a battery eating machine.......
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:25:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How is what you just posted any different from what I suggested? We literally read the same thing and somehow you've reached the conclusion that my understanding is somehow wrong.

Please enlighten me as to what I read incorrectly?
View Quote
Voucher isn't for a new sight.
It's for $22.50
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:49:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

After seeing this, I thought maybe I should. Then I checked the MFG date and it was too old to qualify.

View Quote
How did you check the manufacture date?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is on the bottom, by the serial number.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#19]
What would be the better way to file a claim and return a sight?  Directly through L3 or through the lawyer's site linked on ARf's homepage?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Class action suits are a farce. The only one to get anything out of it are the first person complainant and the law firm. Even the first person doesn't get all that much.The law firm rapes everyone with over 90% of the settlement going towards their "legal fees". If one is ever really harmed by a product, never participate in a class action suit, always opt out or else you'll never be able to recover damages that are anywhere close to meaningful. All anybody ever gets out of class action suits are coupons or discounts for petty sums toward another of the sued companies products. The law firm filing the class action suit laughs all the way to their private jet, flying to their private island, to get on their private yacht.

Meanwhile, the subject company of the class action is out millions of $$$'s, for no good reason and the remainder of the customers, other than the named complainant, are left w/o a so long sucker or kiss goodbye.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Class action suits are a farce. The only one to get anything out of it are the first person complainant and the law firm. Even the first person doesn't get all that much.The law firm rapes everyone with over 90% of the settlement going towards their "legal fees". If one is ever really harmed by a product, never participate in a class action suit, always opt out or else you'll never be able to recover damages that are anywhere close to meaningful. All anybody ever gets out of class action suits are coupons or discounts for petty sums toward another of the sued companies products. The law firm filing the class action suit laughs all the way to their private jet, flying to their private island, to get on their private yacht.

Meanwhile, the subject company of the class action is out millions of $
s, for no good reason and the remainder of the customers, other than the named complainant, are left w/o a so long sucker or kiss goodbye.
View Quote
15% = "over 90%"
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Since this is an update thread, here is an update.

As of March 23 Eotech is no longer taking any new refund applications.  

I have an EXPS-2 that I use sometimes, I was thinking about sending it in to get the new Vortex AMG.  But noticed the rma section on the website changed when I was going to fill it out.  So I called and this is what I was told.  Oh well my sight seems to work fine now.  I could always sell it later I guess.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#23]
You can go through the class action lawyer and you have until may 23rd.

I just called them, the case is like June 30th and they have no idea when checks will be sent out, probably sometime after June 30th.

Also they said they don't know how much EOTECH will give you, between $299-1k or something like stated on the lawyers website.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Although the case was settled, there likely would have been a judgement that included punitive as well as actual damages.  This is the reason Eotech, as part of the settlement, agreed to send money to people who already received refunds.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who could have asked for more?  The lawyers.

Considering I never actually had to use mine in a life or death situation I agree.  I was refunded shipping as well, when I bought mine from Opticsplannet and never even claimed shipping.  I'm not asking for more.

I really don't have any use for a $22 voucher as my XPS2 ran on my Tavor which was my goto home defense rifle and I'm still not happy about having a defective sight for that purpose.  Eotech has a ways to go before they earn my trust back.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#26]
EOTech refunded my full purchase price plus shipping, it was just under the one year warranty period anyway and at least 99% it sat in the safe for the better part of a year waiting for my SBR paperwork.

Getting more than that just seems like lawyers fucking over a company just because.

I think EOTech did us right, I liked the sight maybe I will need to build a new gun so put a new sight on it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I understand what you're saying about some of the issues, but Eotechs have other failure points that are almost exclusive to Eotech (like the delamination/lost purge issue).

When 50% of the Eotechs I've owned suffered these failures (and I'm nowhere near the only one), I think that should be a clue that something was definitely amiss.

People who consistently downplay these issues (or flat out act like they don't exist) are just as bad as those "fanboys" you're talking about.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which ones are too old to qualify?
Are EoTechs that are too old to qualify less likely/more likely/or same to have failures, compared with the ones within the date range?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:07:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Are EoTechs that are too old to qualify less likely/more likely/or same to have failures, compared with the ones within the date range?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think mine was an '06 and they refunded my money.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what sucks. Technically it was any eotech made before like June or Jan 2005. However, there was lots of guys last year who reported mailing back eotech that were made earlier and Eotech refunded them without any issues. With this new class action it looks like they date of manufacture will be a more firm cut off.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:22:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
EOTech refunded my full purchase price plus shipping, it was just under the one year warranty period anyway and at least 99% it sat in the safe for the better part of a year waiting for my SBR paperwork.

Getting more than that just seems like lawyers fucking over a company just because.

I think EOTech did us right, I liked the sight maybe I will need to build a new gun so put a new sight on it.
View Quote
Agreed. If a company gives you back MSRP for the asking, I fail to see how they're not making good on their fuckup, TBH. Much more common for the defendant in a legitimate class action to have sold their customers a piece of shit and tried to get off scott free clear up until the moment they lose the class action.

L3 made good. That being said, at the same time, this is L3 we're talking about. They're not a one-trick pony; their whole EOTech division is a drop in their business bucket.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#33]
So if I'm reading it right, my sight which was manufactured in Nov 2004 is not covered under the lawsuit?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top