Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2017 8:49:49 PM EDT
Looking at putting this scope on my Barrett AR.  This gun is primarily used for varmint hunting and pig hunting.  Thoughts.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds perfect........idk if you could go lighter but that combination sounds great.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent scope I have one I don't think there is a lighter 1-6 out there. I believe it's even lighter than most 1-4x optics. ETA: it seems tough I don't baby my stuff and haventbhad an issue yet. 
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It's an excellent piece of glass. For your purposes it should be great.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply.  I have seen them on sale lately.  Wondering if it is being discontinued.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:28:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply.  I have seen them on sale lately.  Wondering if it is being discontinued.
View Quote
apparently there is a new version coming out with upgraded glass called the VX6 HD. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
i have it as well.. its a great scope. the HD i believe is out already. after you get it you can go on leupold and get a free CDS dial matched to your load as well
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

apparently there is a new version coming out with upgraded glass called the VX6 HD. 
View Quote
I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on one sight unseen. I can't find any real reviews other then what was at shot show.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#8]
A little while back, someone mentioned that a retailer was clearing out the older version at clear out prices. Anyone know if those are still available?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:35:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A little while back, someone mentioned that a retailer was clearing out the older version at clear out prices. Anyone know if those are still available?
View Quote
Natchez has one for around $770.  Lowest I can find.  I've been contemplating getting that one for a while but wanted to hold out on the new HD's. BTW your review is what drawn me to the leupolds, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Great, appreciate it, man!  Been thinking about picking up another one for another upper and having Leupold switch out the color to red again.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#11]
i have the vx6 w/ the cmr2.  i really like it.

so much so, i may buy another.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:50:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I have this scope with the #4 German reticle. The scope is amazing. At 6x, I have absolutely no issues with light gathering at night. At 1x, it's like looking through a hollow tube with a very, very small amount of lensing—about the same as most red dot sights. It's a true 1x scope, and you will have no issues with both-eyes-open shooting at distances greater than 8'. I like to think of this scope as a quasi-red dot with the flexibility to go 6x.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:00:20 AM EDT
[#13]
It's hard to go wrong with a VX-6.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top