Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2017 7:00:11 PM EDT
No new news here, I am disappointed.....now do you think the LED ACOGs have the same issue?  

I am considering one of these but if it is the same as the Accupower, will not buy one.

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Trijicon Accupower 1-4 in the "Green", and yes it is not daylight bright. But I find the nice etched cross hairs are easy to see and use for quick target acquisition in the daytime.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure why this is a surprise.  There are a several threads and reviews on the Accupower here, where several owners including myself have said they aren't anywhere near daylight bright.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
the led acogs are nuclear bright
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure why this is a surprise.  There are a several threads and reviews on the Accupower here, where several owners including myself have said they aren't anywhere near daylight bright.
View Quote
Tony,

See my title change, I know they are not DL bright, many, many discussions here...my wording was off...see new title.

That is why my post started off as "no new news here...."

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
the led acogs are nuclear bright
View Quote
Are you saying this in a positive sarcastic way?  Meaning, I will be very pleased with the DL bright capability if a LED ACOG?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Are you saying this in a positive sarcastic way?  Meaning, I will be very pleased with the DL bright capability if a LED ACOG?
View Quote
Do your own research on the TA02 Acogs!  You'll find lots of info on them being VERY bright.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I have no experience with them, but from all I've heard, Trijicon got those right.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

See my title change, I know they are not DL bright, many, many discussions here...my wording was off...see new title.
View Quote
 10-4
---

I also own a couple of the TA02 ACOGS (Red Cross Hairs) and can confirm they are beyond daylight bright.

The only downside is they lack good incremental adjustments so I tend to find it either too dim or too bright to be more useful than just turned off.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
 10-4
---

I also own a couple of the TA02 ACOGS (Red Cross Hairs) and can confirm they are beyond daylight bright.

The only downside is they lack good incremental adjustments so I tend to find it either too dim or too bright to be more useful than just turned off.
View Quote
That is what I have read, 6 adj settings, too little, too much

Good info and good to know, thanks Tony...

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:29:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
it was not meant to be sarcastic , the ta02's are very bright.  i do wish they had nv settings like a browe though.

i have a ta02 with the green horseshoe dot reticle , on max setting it seems brighter than my ta31 with the same reticle on a bright sunny day , but no wash out with the ta02 
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

it was not meant to be sarcastic , the ta02's are very bright.  i do wish they had nv settings like a browe though.

i have a ta02 with the green horseshoe dot reticle , on max setting it seems brighter than my ta31 with the same reticle on a bright sunny day , but no wash out with the ta02 
View Quote
Viper I know you did not mean it that way, the info is great.  I am really looking at the TA 110 hard, this scope I feel is a great compromise, magnification and eye relief.

I have a new LMT rifle that needs an optic, this 11 series size scope with LEDs looks to fit the needs.

Thanks,

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top