Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2017 1:33:59 PM EDT
I just got one and will be going to the range next week, hopefully.   My question is if you can confirm the Ap is a same plane.  I emailed Daniel Defense to ask them and they claim it's a same plane.  Which I was kind of shocked.  But glad.  It looks just like a normal USGI ap.  

Just wanted someone that actually used one to confirm that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
When I called last year and talked to a tech, I was told that both apperatures are not the same plane.  The sights themselves are considered same plane because if they are put on a flat surface, they will line up with one another.  I believe the Larue version of the DD1.5 is the only version that uses same plane apperatures.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I called last year and talked to a tech, I was told that both apperatures are not the same plane.  The sights themselves are considered same plane because if they are put on a flat surface, they will line up with one another.  I believe the Larue version of the DD1.5 is the only version that uses same plane apperatures.
View Quote
Huh?  You lost me there.  Have you checked by shooting?  Now I'm a little disappointed.  LOL.  I was planning on it being a normal USGI type sight.  But same plane would be nice.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
DD considers them same plane because they will line up with one another on a flat surface.  Sounds silly but I think that's what they consider same plane.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
They're not same plane. I replaced them with the Blackhawk! same plane aperture. Cheaper than the alternative brand, works fine, and took about three minutes to install.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're not same plane. I replaced them with the Blackhawk! same plane aperture. Cheaper than the alternative brand, works fine, and took about three minutes to install.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I might not mind the offset.  I'm trying to figure out a way I can zero to be dead nuts on with the big ap out to 100 and then the small ap for longer distances.  Or the smaller ap even at 100 but more of a 6 oclock hold.   For combat type shooting when I'm shooting at the 25 meter range, I use the big ap quite a bit.   But I don't think I've ever actually tried to shoot at 100 with the big ap.  I did do a test at 50 yards once with my 20" A2 and the ghostring was only slightly worse, prone.  At least that time.  Actually I think I tested it a few other times at 50, with a carbine and of course the smaller ap produces tighter groups.   But the ghostring was accurate enough.  IMHO.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top