AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Work on shooting with both eyes open and the BAC. Also make sure to position the scope on your upper to help facilitate that. While this does not work for everyone, it does for most.

Without it, you'll be stuck with the FOV of a straw you have experienced so far. With it, the TA33 is an amazing optic.
View Quote
This and move it forward on your rail. Take advantage of that huge eyebox.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a,

TA01NSN on my M4
TA31F RCO A4 on my A4
TA11J308, it used to be on my 901

I prefer the crosshair reticules of the NSN and TA11 to the Chevron on the TA31.

The eye relief for me is fine on all, with a slight advantage to the TA11

The glass on each is great

All that said I also have an Elcan Specter and it's on my SCAR 17. It's the cream of the crop, everything I want in a short range sight
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Great Replies Folks!!  Thank you and keep them coming!!

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the TA33 over the 31 but I did just look through a TA11 yesterday. Between the 2 the TA11 wins by a long shot IMO.

You have a little more weight but you almost get the same large FOV as the 31 and the 11 has the same huge eye box of the 33. I really like the compact size of the 33 and its basically the same weight or less than many RDS.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just got my TA33 in.

Woof. The FOV is TINY! It's super clear, super bright image and super light. That FOV tho. .  Maybe I can get it sighted in this weekend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think pretty much everything that can be said has been said!

TA33 = great eye relief, horrible FOV, super light weight.
TA11 = great eye relief, pretty good FOV, super heavy (compared to others).
TA31 = bad eye relief, amazing FOV, light weight.

Reticle style/caliber/color are whatever floats your boat. Between 3x to 4x magnification I don't believe you're gaining or losing enough vs the other considerations mentioned above.

I personally have a TA31F and I love it. I shoot NTCH (kinda have to with the TA31) and I wear eyeglasses. I simply added Trijicon's own rubber eyepiece to it and I no longer mind the occasional "tap" on my eyeglasses.
Just got my TA33 in.

Woof. The FOV is TINY! It's super clear, super bright image and super light. That FOV tho. .  Maybe I can get it sighted in this weekend.
All right. Got it sighted in at 100. Yes, the FOV is pretty small. No, I don't mind it.

Super clear, super bright and super light. So far I really really like it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]
rocking a TA-31 HG, green horseshoe reticle, love it
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:58:02 PM EDT
[#7]
TA-11. It's by far the most balanced in regards to eye relief, magnification, and FOV. It's on the larger/heavier side compared to 4x ACOG's, but the extra 3/4" eye relief is really nice especially when using the BAC with using adjustable stocks and rail placement.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I wish my TA-11 was a tad smaller but the glass is clear and I really dig the M249 reticle. I tried a TA-44 and wanted to love it but the 1.5x was too much magnification for what I thought,
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just got my TA33 in.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think pretty much everything that can be said has been said!

TA33 = great eye relief, horrible FOV, super light weight.
TA11 = great eye relief, pretty good FOV, super heavy (compared to others).
TA31 = bad eye relief, amazing FOV, light weight.

Reticle style/caliber/color are whatever floats your boat. Between 3x to 4x magnification I don't believe you're gaining or losing enough vs the other considerations mentioned above.

I personally have a TA31F and I love it. I shoot NTCH (kinda have to with the TA31) and I wear eyeglasses. I simply added Trijicon's own rubber eyepiece to it and I no longer mind the occasional "tap" on my eyeglasses.
Just got my TA33 in.

It helps to shoot both eyes open (if you aren't already).   sgav8r44 nailed the comparison in his post.  It all comes down to which factors are more important.  I used a TA31 in Afghanistan and the short eye relief really bugged me as did the red chevron reticle.  So I bought a TA33 green horseshoe.  I agree the FOV is small, but I wouldn't have wanted the weight difference between the TA33 and the TA11.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:48:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It helps to shoot both eyes open (if you aren't already).   sgav8r44 nailed the comparison in his post.  It all comes down to which factors are more important.  I used a TA31 in Afghanistan and the short eye relief really bugged me as did the red chevron reticle.  So I bought a TA33 green horseshoe.  I agree the FOV is small, but I wouldn't have wanted the weight difference between the TA33 and the TA11.
View Quote
Comparing in store I was initially planning on the Chevron but the green horseshoe is great.  It's fast for both eyes open, the green shows up on more targets, is brighter, and the center is small enough for precision at close range.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#11]
TA31-G-ACSS here. I love the thing. The FOV is huge through the scope. The ACSS reticle is great, it's fast and it's also precise. It is small, but I have worse eyes than just about anyone and I can still see it just fine. The weight of the scope is another great thing too. It's smallish and light so you don't feel like you have a tree growing out of the top of your upper. I haven't handled the other two ACOGS you mentioned, but honestly being that the eye-relief thing doesn't bother me at all, I'm not even interested. That really seems to be all people complain about with the TA31. Plus, you can still keep your head a little further back and still see a nice target picture, you just get blurring around the edge and a narrower field of view.

BAC works, but I threw an RM06 on top and now I can see everything. The way I use it is that I look through the scope with my right eye like normal, then when I transition to a target indie of 50 years, I will tilt the rifle like someone with a 45 degree offset RMR would, except I'm tilting the RMR in front of my left eye. I keep both eyes open and the bright 3.25 MOA dot is fast. I can pick it up immediately.

IMO, this is the perfect set up.

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
TA31-G-ACSS here. I love the thing. The FOV is huge through the scope. The ACSS reticle is great, it's fast and it's also precise. It is small, but I have worse eyes than just about anyone and I can still see it just fine. The weight of the scope is another great thing too. It's smallish and light so you don't feel like you have a tree growing out of the top of your upper. I haven't handled the other two ACOGS you mentioned, but honestly being that the eye-relief thing doesn't bother me at all, I'm not even interested. That really seems to be all people complain about with the TA31. Plus, you can still keep your head a little further back and still see a nice target picture, you just get blurring around the edge and a narrower field of view.

BAC works, but I threw an RM06 on top and now I can see everything. The way I use it is that I look through the scope with my right eye like normal, then when I transition to a target indie of 50 years, I will tilt the rifle like someone with a 45 degree offset RMR would, except I'm tilting the RMR in front of my left eye. I keep both eyes open and the bright 3.25 MOA dot is fast. I can pick it up immediately.

IMO, this is the perfect set up.

https://i.imgur.com/BYwShvTl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kPlQyynl.jpg
View Quote
Great looking stick!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I wish the TA33 G ACSS was an option when I got mine, definitely would have went with it.  The standard HG reticule isn't a slouch though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top