Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2017 11:38:56 AM EDT
Budget is a max of $250 - through cabellas would be ideal since i've got some gift cards haha. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I would recommend a 1-4 red dot scope - you can only hit what you can see.  I blew a stage at a two gun match because I could not see the target and with 0 for 30!

Of course - YMMV

Red
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Ever considered a fixed power scope?  

Pa finally approved semi auto rifles for hunting so I may give it a shot now.  If I do I think I'd use my PA 3x or maybe pick up a 5x.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would recommend a 1-4 red dot scope - you can only hit what you can see.  I blew a stage at a two gun match because I could not see the target and with 0 for 30!

Of course - YMMV

Red
View Quote

I firmly believe that the larger objective lens the better.
I got rid of a Millet DMS scope and purchased illuminated Bushnell 1.5-6x42 and can ID targets by moonlight much better.
A Trijicon 2.5-10x56 is probably the next best thing to night vision considering Objective lens, tube diameter, lens quality.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
It's heavy but the PA3X is nice and has clear glass.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
For your price point, I would check out Primary Arms. I'd get a 4-14 scope before a red dot. How far are you shooting? 200 yds..
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want an RDS, which I could see it's benefit for shorter range hunting for sure, in your budget the PA Advanced micro gets a lot of love for durability and reliability.  It will weigh a heck of a lot less than a scope and I think could be a really good hunting tool.  I always wanted to try an RDS when hunting deer.  I would think the running shots would be more intuitive with an RDS over a scope or irons.  

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50k-hour-battery-life-md-ads
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top