Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2017 2:35:11 PM EDT
Hi everyone, I recently built an AR-15 pistol and I have been looking at red dot sights. I have been looking at them for a while for my other AR rifles. The one that caught my eye is the Sightmark Ultra Shot M-Spec Reflex Sight. I like the look of it and I have watched some YouTube videos and it seems to get good reviews.

Has anyone used this sight?

If so, what are your thoughts?

Tell me the pro's and con's of this sight?

I'm looking for something will not break the bank. This is a home defense kind of gun and something I will take to the range. I wont abuse it but one never knows what might happen. I do want something that can take a hit and be good to go.

Is there other red dot sights I should be looking at?

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're going for HD I would stay away from Sightmark.  If you're on a budget take a look at Primary Arms or Holosun.  

I personally use an Aimpoint Pro and a Trijicon MRO for my rifles.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I think for $200 you can do a lot better than Sightmark.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Holosun has an Eotech style holo sight for $300.

I was considering it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IIQ5YAI/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=&tag=vglnk-c102-20

Honestly though I ended up buying the t1 style holosun with a seekins mount for about $220.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't get one, had one on a beater and always lost it's zero, especially if you change reticles. You can get much better for the price. A Burris FF3, Vortex, etc.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:57:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Good to know. I guess I will check out the others listed and try and find something within my budget.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top