Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2017 11:06:57 PM EDT
This was pretty much a "budget build" pistol. It's gonna have a Sig Romeo 5 on it and some Magpul xtm rail covers. Other than that it's pretty much done. I want some cheap flip up sights that will be reasonably durable but the key consideration on this build is BUDGET. Ideas or suggestions?

Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]
MBUS? That's about as cheap as it gets unless you consider Nc star to be usable
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
UTG Low Profile sights are decent. IIRC Springfield Armory is using the rear as OEM.

Unlike the NC Star sights they are usable
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Aero Precision sights are good for the money. I'm running a set on my M5E1 .308 and thinking about getting another set as they're on sale today.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup MBUS.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I was hoping to avoid $75 for MBUS. Maybe I'll give those UTG ones a shot.  Isn't there a decent set of $20-30 sights out there?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#6]
The aero are great price for metal units that are spring loaded at 120, cheaper than that you have the magpul stuff. The cheapest ones that i actually like are the FAB ones. they can be had for 60, but no spring flip up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:26:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup MBUS.
View Quote
Yup..+1

About $67 combo, good spring tension and lock up solid on rail. Cheaper China stuff has more wobbles or loose parts. I have these before, too much wiggles so I replaced with MBUS (should've done that to begin with).
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:38:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was hoping to avoid $75 for MBUS. Maybe I'll give those UTG ones a shot.  Isn't there a decent set of $20-30 sights out there?
View Quote

I'd avoid buying sights in that range. In my experience they are disappointing. Though the fixed LMT Knock Offs can be decent. Just be aware that the metal is soft and probably is made out of pot metal. The folding sights in that price range are more for show on air soft.

Though these some decent for 20 bucks give or take.
https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Flip-Sight-Front-Mount/dp/B00RJVJRW0/ref=sr_1_4?s=sports-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1468531189&sr=1-4&keywords=iron sights&tag=vglnk-c102-20

MBUS are worth the money though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:23:19 AM EDT
[#9]
They are part of the big three.  Reliable gun, Good Sight, good trigger.  Magpul at minimum.  Aero Precision is better.  Save.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Magpul MBUS polymer.  Functional, reliable, virtually indestructible.  Inexpensive. Available everywhere.  Available in multiple colors, if that matters.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#11]
DS Arms is a site sponser and manufactures their own.  The rear site that folds is only around $20-25
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#12]
MBUS. PA MD-ADS.

My Budget 16" PSA Freedom rifle (bottom):

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'd avoid buying sights in that range. In my experience they are disappointing. Though the fixed LMT Knock Offs can be decent. Just be aware that the metal is soft and probably is made out of pot metal. The folding sights in that price range are more for show on air soft.

Though these some decent for 20 bucks give or take.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RJVJRW0?tag=vglnk-c102-20;ie=UTF8&qid=1468531189&sr=1-4&keywords=iron sights&tag=vglnk-c102-20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN3w3BWVZM8

MBUS are worth the money though.
View Quote

Awesome!  Extremely helpful. Thanks!!

Just ordered a set of the "Trinity Force" sights.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#14]
diamond head poly set is $99 on amazon prime.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yup MBUS.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I looked into the UTG Slim Sights a bit more. Does seem like the rear sight is in fact OEM for the SAINT.

I grabbed the set for $44 with free 1 day shipping.

Reviews are favorable also they are made in Taiwan vs China.

Strike Industries makes a lot of their accessories in Taiwan as well. I have no problems with them and the finish/quality is spot on.

For budget sights they really do seem to be a cut above the rest.

Sounds nuts but I'm debating on replacing my MBUS with these on my PCC.

It's kinda crazy how cheap things are getting though, even accessories. Salad days indeed.

If the quality is anything like the UTG Low Profile Riser i picked up, I'm in for a pleasant surprise.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#17]
UTG Sights came today.

Pros

The machining looks nice and clean. On par with strike industries. Or for another example the machining/finish is up there with Sig MPX sights.
The finish actually matches my New Frontier Billet Upper/Lower.
No Tool marks
Adjustments are positive and aren't mushy.
There is no left to right wobble or movement at all.
Mounting screws appear to be quality, they didn't cheap out on those.
The part of the sight that clamps onto the rail appears to be steel. (tested with a magnet)
They fold with either aperture. The MBUS sticks up and can risk breaking off if it takes a hit.

Cons
They sit slightly higher than MBUS when folded down.
The ball bearings are polymer..? But what isn't these days. If you want good irons for a duty rifle/self defense rifle its best to save up for Daniel Defense/LMT. I just found that odd. Other industries are using plastic bearings now though.

For a budget build buy with confidence, This brand has seriously stepped up their game on sights; just like they did with rails.

They look a bit darker since they came pre oiled.

We'll see how they hold up. Worst case scenerio I'll switch back to the MBUS.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top