Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2017 11:40:48 PM EDT
I plan to get a Burris MTAC 1.5-6x42 to use on a 6.8 SPC for hunting whitetails at a maximum of 300 yards.

Would I be better served by the Ballistic CQ or Ballistic AR reticle?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:01:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Ballistic Ar in that scope, I think its a better all around reticle for anything but cqb type shooting.  i was able to look thru both types before buying.  I should have mine at the range Sunday, if i remember, I'll snap some pictures of the reticle at 200 and 300 yards if noone has come along with the info or pictures you were looking for.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Tagged. I'm thinking about getting that same scope. I'm digging the 42mm light gathering lens. I am leaning toward the milrad reticle, I'm a little afraid the CQ reticle is too big a center dot plus just too much there to obstruct view of target. I may be wrong, I wish I could compare side by side.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I've not used the original reticle.  But very much like the Ballistic AR.

I have some pics.  If I get my ass out of the house this weekend I will take some more shots at extended range.

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've not used the original reticle.  But very much like the Ballistic AR.

I have some pics.  If I get my ass out of the house this weekend I will take some more shots at extended range.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276991/IMG-20160804-170125-105113.jpg
View Quote

FourSixty, are you running the 1.5-6x42? Tell us about it! Good ,bad & ugly. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FourSixty, are you running the 1.5-6x42? Tell us about it! Good ,bad & ugly. Thanks!
View Quote

The good is:
***  Very good glass, probably as good as you can get for the money.  Bright and clear.
***  Good value.  I bought this one about 8 mths ago for around $370.
***  Durability seems good.  
***  No questions asked lifetime warranty, similar to Vortex.

The not so good:
***  Sorta/kinda big/heavy.
***  Illumination is plenty bright for darker backgrounds, but it is NOT daylight bright.
***  The FOV at 1.5x could be better.

I probably missed a bunch, but that's my general impression.  I like it quite a bit, and would buy another.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top