Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2017 2:23:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:50:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Lol....Aimpoint killer.  Probably not but just as good as Primary Arms red dot.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol....Aimpoint killer.  Probably not but just as good as Primary Arms red dot.
View Quote

They're just as good because that's who makes the primary arms red dots.  

They do seem to be pretty damn durable, though.  

Torture test

This guy did some torture testing and other than water submersion the sight performed well above I expected.

I have a 503gu that UPS will be dropping off today.  Really looking forward to trying it out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought this for my MP5 and so far I absolutely love it.

The circle dot reticle (EOTech) is fantastic and the battery life (Aimpoint) is too. Not saying the quality is the same, but for roughly $300, well worth the money.

Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I had (briefly) a 503c that worked fine, but tightening the adjustment caps pulled POI down & left. Judging by the number of good reviews mine was an oddball, but it still put a bad taste in my mouth when I think of Holosun.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I couldn't make it past 2:20 seconds.  

"I haven't had a failure, except where one broke"

"unconditional lifetime warranty".. Not seeing that on their website.. For all intensive purposes it has a 3 year warranty..

"To the original owner, your Holosun product is warranted free of defects in materials and workmanship with the Holosun Limited Lifetime Warranty. This warranty specifically applies to the metal structure of the product and does not apply to the optical and illumination systems. The optical system is covered by the 5 year warranty. The illumination system including electronics is covered by the 3 year warranty. Batteries are not covered under warranty."
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Love my 503c so far.

As far as Aimpoint killer?  IMO you face the problem of durability. It's just not as durable.

Don't get me wrong I'd trust it at the range, out in the desert, and probably even during a Katrina type event but it's not an Aimpoint.

Where it does kill Aimpoint, IMO, is the reticle. Love it.

I simply don't understand why Aimpoint just doesn't introduce that reticle and close the market down. They'd kill everyone else. Well, that and make the front lense 30mm.  But even if they didn't do that they would kill.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"unconditional lifetime warranty".. Not seeing that on their website.. For all intensive purposes it has a 3 year warranty..

"To the original owner, your Holosun product is warranted free of defects in materials and workmanship with the Holosun Limited Lifetime Warranty. This warranty specifically applies to the metal structure of the product and does not apply to the optical and illumination systems. The optical system is covered by the 5 year warranty. The illumination system including electronics is covered by the 3 year warranty. Batteries are not covered under warranty."
View Quote

Gotta be honest OP I didn't make it past 2:15.

The first 1:25 was pics of ammo. Very boring.

Then you start off buy stressing you got into these for the budget price point yet you've already rolled in 30 seconds of you shooting two different full auto machines guns lol.

Maybe they aren't yours?!  Not picking on you. Just some friendly ribbing/critique.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pssssst.......they aren't Aimpoints.

They're a very solid mid-level RDS that actually work great. Not every gun must have a $700 RDS sitting on top of them. Between the motion-on function, the size/weight, battery life, circle dot/dot only reticle switching they have feature combinations that literally no other RDS maker has.....at less than half the price. 

Oh......and.....

Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#9]
503GU showed up today.  Initial impressions are good.  Quality seems fine.  Only 2 smalls things I've found.  Anodizing on the corners of the elevation turret guards is a bit thin and I can see a dab of what I assume is adhesive on the ring that is I'm guessing glued on the objective side of the optic.  Not too concerned with the anodizing since this will eventually get a rattle can paint job.  

Everything is functioning as designed and intended.  I'm going to keep testing the motion activation to make sure it's as sensitive as advertised.  Then it will stay in my freezer until Friday when I get my LaRue mount from the EE.  Optic has also been under running hot water after spending 40 minutes in the freezer.  No moisture observed on the inside of the optic.  

Manual is definitely showing that it's a Chinese optic with the terrible Engrish in it.  Diagram for increase and decrease brightness is completely ass backwards.  I don't understand why they couldn't have spent the minimal amount of money on some proof reading for these simple errors.  It would sure give people a better impression.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#10]
515 BU here.  So far I am impressed.  Downside will be the mount. Dont expect an aimpoint but expect something better than a PA red dot and you will be fine. Dealer pricing and what retail is has almost a 150 dollar mark up from what I can see.  If the can close that gap they will have a winner. Mount feels cheesy but it will mount on other bases.  If all else fails ai have a really nice set of irons ready 
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Just stumbled across this.  I'd say this testing exceeds the expectations of an optic at this price point.

503G ACSS torture test
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Heard about these.

I'll end up getting one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Paid $185 for the 515bu. I love it so far, shot about 200 rounds of 9mm and 200 rounds of 223 through a couple of ARs with it mounted.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#14]
The one I am interested in seeing is this one
http://www.holosun.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=65&product_id=93
50,000 hours and eo tech style reticle sounds interesting, but no real info on them
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They're a very solid mid-level RDS that actually work great. Not every gun must have a $700 RDS sitting on top of them. Between the motion-on function, the size/weight, battery life, circle dot/dot only reticle switching they have feature combinations that literally no other RDS maker has.....at less than half the price. 

Oh......and.....

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder899/33971899.jpg

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/51/514043840f81897a24e6b225fc006043ee59deac4f455103c5a16789b0a818fc.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh......and.....

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/51/514043840f81897a24e6b225fc006043ee59deac4f455103c5a16789b0a818fc.jpg

Damnit, you beat me to it.  Although I prefer intensive porpoises.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh......and.....

View Quote

My bad on the intents and purposes ha...

my point wasn't anything bad against Holosun, but hell, if you're going to make a video review on something at least be accurate in your statements and do a little research!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

my point wasn't anything bad against Holosun, but hell, if you're going to make a video review on something at least be accurate in your statements and do a little research!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh......and.....

Understood.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought a 503FL die after only a few range trips. I've emailed their customers service multiple times and have yet to hear back
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bought a 503FL die after only a few range trips. I've emailed their customers service multiple times and have yet to hear back
View Quote
That model had apparent "issues", from what I found about them.
Call them and keep emailing them!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I have several 503's and I like them a lot. I also have a Holosun green laser on my Glock which is a crazy intense beam at night.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Has anybody here tried THIS sight made by Holosun for TruGlo? I am thinking about it for a .22lr AR plinking pistol. It has the auto on feature.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:52:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The circle dot reticle (EOTech) is fantastic and the battery life (Aimpoint) is too. Not saying the quality is the same, but for roughly $300, well worth the money.

http://holosun.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/HS515BU-02-Cut-out-1.png
View Quote

$300 is Aimpoint territory. No thanks.

...there was a comp m2 with mount in the EE today for $225.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#23]
The one bad thing about Holosun that I haven't seen anyone else mention in social media or on the boards is that Holosun products are only rated down to 14F.  Okay if you live on the coasts, maybe not if you're shooting in the cold.  I have one (well a PA MD-ADS) on a fun gun and I might buy one for inside the home.

On a related note, Vortex tells me the SPARC AR is rated to -20F (but much less battery life even under ideal conditions).  The Aimpoint PRO is rated to -49F.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The one bad thing about Holosun that I haven't seen anyone else mention in social media or on the boards is that Holosun products are only rated down to 14F.  Okay if you live on the coasts, maybe not if you're shooting in the cold.  I have one (well a PA MD-ADS) on a fun gun and I might buy one for inside the home.

On a related note, Vortex tells me the SPARC AR is rated to -20F (but much less battery life even under ideal conditions).  The Aimpoint PRO is rated to -49F.
View Quote

The water resistance and cold temperature range is a bit disappointing but I've seen tests taking Holosuns well beyond that.  

Maybe just playing things safe with their ratings??
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:02:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The water resistance and cold temperature range is a bit disappointing but I've seen tests taking Holosuns well beyond that.  

Maybe just playing things safe with their ratings??
View Quote
I don't know... maybe they're just not in a locale that allows them to test in the cold?  Hard to say.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:04:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm wondering how well the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 runs against the Holosun.  It's slightly less expensive from online prices.

Sig Romeo 5
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't know... maybe they're just not in a locale that allows them to test in the cold?  Hard to say.
View Quote

Or maybe they don't want to invest in equipment for cold weather testing.  Probably no one will know for sure.  

The company I work for over delivers on the one product we sell and when a customer sees they're getting more than what they're paying for it's usually a positive reaction.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm wondering how well the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 runs against the Holosun.  It's slightly less expensive from online prices.

Sig Romeo 5
View Quote

I feel like the more expensive Romeo 4 line is a competitor to the Holosuns.  The models seems to line up almost identically features wise from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://holosun.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/HS515BU-02-Cut-out-1.png

I have a bunch of aimpoints already. No shortage there.

The Holosun model posted above sits on an MP5 and so far I wouldn't trade it for another Aimpoint. Feature v. feature, particularly the battery life, size, motion on and circle dot reticle is equal to or vastly superior to Aimpoint.

They aren't Aimpoints.....I get that. But for the cost of admission for the features they offer? Well worth adding to the stable of optics to T&E.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I have the green laser model of this Truglo Tru-Tec on my 16" AR. Purchased it with my fingers crossed. It's been excellent. The Truglo, Holosun, and Primary Arms optics (most of their red dots) are all kissin' cousins of one another. https://www.truglo.com/optics-red-dots/tru-tec-30mm-red-dot-sight-with-laser.asp  I paid 209.00 shipped.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The Holosun model posted above sits on an MP5 and so far I wouldn't trade it for another Aimpoint. Feature v. feature, particularly the battery life, size, motion on and circle dot reticle is equal to or vastly superior to Aimpoint.

They aren't Aimpoints.....I get that. But for the cost of admission for the features they offer? Well worth adding to the stable of optics to T&E.
View Quote

To each his own. My statement still stands. For me $300 is Aimpoint territory. For the ruggedness, dependability and piece of mind I will Choose a $300 Aimpoint over a $300 anything else.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just stumbled across this.  I'd say this testing exceeds the expectations of an optic at this price point.

503G ACSS torture test
View Quote

That was an insane test.  It's just proof that not all imports are shit.  It's all about Quality Control with a product.  Also important to mention is that the Holosun HS503G has the ACSS reticle designed for the 7.62x39 or. 300 BO. The versions with the ACSS reticle are build to a tougher standard as far as some of the requirements,  O rings,  seals,  etc....  Essentially they are more ruggidized.  That Holosun HS503G is one tough optic, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

We went over this in the other thread. You're comparing a micro to a full size. Not apples to apples. Trying getting a T1/2 or MRO fir around $300. So no, it's not in Aimpoint territory for a comparable model.

And I'll take a new Holosun with the circle dot over a very old comp m2 with just a dot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I feel like the more expensive Romeo 4 line is a competitor to the Holosuns.  The models seems to line up almost identically features wise from what I've seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig Romeo 5

Hmm.. definitely if compare to the Sig Romeo 4, the Holosun is cheaper.  Wonder about the duribility of the Sig.  Never really thought of Sig as a optics producing company.. but I have a pair of their binoculars and it's extremely clear (though a bit on the heavy).
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We went over this in the other thread. You're comparing a micro to a full size. Not apples to apples. Trying getting a T1/2 or MRO fir around $300. So no, it's not in Aimpoint territory for a comparable model.

And I'll take a new Holosun with the circle dot over a very old comp m2 with just a dot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For me $300 is Aimpoint territory. For the ruggedness, dependability and piece of mind I will Choose a $300 Aimpoint over a $300 anything else, even if it is a few ounces heavier. As far as the reticle, the individual is going to have to justify if the reticle is worth sacrificing a little ruggedness, dependability and piece of mind .

But like I said, to each his own. If you want to pay $300 for a Holosun over a used COMP M2 then more power to you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sig Romeo 5
View Quote

Sig Romeo 5 Review and Torture Test
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

To each his own. My statement still stands. For me $300 is Aimpoint territory. For the ruggedness, dependability and piece of mind I will Choose a $300 Aimpoint over a $300 anything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have enough Aimpoints to outfit literally every AR/AK/SIG/AUG/EBR I own. 

So not sure how to put it any more clear, that the Holosun I posted above has been fantastic so far and offers advantages Aimpoint simply does not. 

Hey, if they aren't for you, no problem. I happen to be a BIG fan of the EOTech reticle, a BIG fan of the Aimpoint battery life and size/weight of the micro series. Coupled with other additional features, the Holosun has been well worth the money. 

Long term, we'll see. So far it's been outstanding to the extent I believe the feature set involved has raised the bar for the entire industry. The bombproof quality of Aimpoint stands alone....but again, I own all the bombproof quality Aimpoints I need. T&Eing an alternative that embodies the best functions of both EOTech and Aimpoint makes perfect sense to me. In respect to function, it has no peer. Durability remains to be seen, so far so good.....and I'm ok with that.

If $300 is a deal breaker for you, happy trails. It's been a zero regrets purchase for me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So not sure how to put it any more clear, that the Holosun I posted above has been fantastic so far and offers advantages Aimpoint simply does not. 

Hey, if they aren't for you, no problem. I happen to be a BIG fan of the EOTech reticle, a BIG fan of the Aimpoint battery life and size/weight of the micro series. Coupled with other additional features, the Holosun has been well worth the money. 

Long term, we'll see. So far it's been outstanding to the extent I believe the feature set involved has raised the bar for the entire industry. The bombproof quality of Aimpoint stands alone....but again, I own all the bombproof quality Aimpoints I need. T&Eing an alternative that embodies the best functions of both EOTech and Aimpoint makes perfect sense to me. In respect to function, it has no peer. Durability remains to be seen, so far so good.....and I'm ok with that.

If $300 is a deal breaker for you, happy trails. It's been a zero regrets purchase for me.
View Quote

If a $300 dollar Holosun is for you, then no problem.

To each his own.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you want to pay $300 for a Holosun over a used COMP M2 then more power to you.
View Quote
Considering the weakness of the Comp M2's brightness knob, it does break off, I would not buy one. Especially used.
IIRC, Aimpoint will not repair them?

It looks like my topic has brought on the debate. Real-Time users of the Holosun, providing their thoughts. Not only from people that have a budget, but from people that have Aimpoint, Eotech, Trijicon, and whatever other brand. I have major name brands myself.
Holosun, along with Primary Arms, ARE good sights for what you get. I'm not afraid to use them. And as you've read (if you read every response here) there is positive feedback about them. Like any red dot or scoped optic, consumer reviews determine product reliability.
There are only so many manufacturers of things in our daily use. Anyone can pay a manufacturer to have their name put on said product. Change the exterior appearance, add different knobs, etc. What it boils down to, options of the agreement to order a specified amount.
That does not mean they designed it. Or manufactured it.

As an example:
How many brands of refrigerators, washers & dryers, microwaves are out there for you to choose from? How many?
Just because it has a name on it, that does not mean it is their own R&D'd, manufactured by product.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

To each his own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To each his own.

In a vast collection of optics options, it most definitely has earned its place. 

I won't be selling off my Aimpoints to replace them with Holosuns but it is the most interesting optic I've purchased in some time. 

Lots of choices for all of us, which is how it should be. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

To each his own.
View Quote

I got my HS503G with the ACSS reticle on the EE for $210. Sold the DD mount it came with for $65, so i'm in mine for $145....Can't get anywhere close to an aimpoint micro for that or any other aimpoint for that matter.  I'm more that please with it and like the reticle so much better than the standard dot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I got my HS503G with the ACSS reticle on the EE for $210. Sold the DD mount it came with for $65, so i'm in mine for $145....Can't get anywhere close to an aimpoint micro for that or any other aimpoint for that matter.  I'm more that please with it and like the reticle so much better than the standard dot.
View Quote

Nobody mentions the $300 aimpoint is also a heavy pig in comparison

A Trijicon MRO and BAD Mount can be had for about $430 from the right seller (iirc it was about 7 oz total). No idea if KYGunCo is still selling them for $370 without the mount.

Atleast compare apples to apples. Not apples to a big arse orange grapefruit. (micro vs 30mm)

Edit: I hit the wrong quote button.

$300 is still a bargain for a micro red dot with 50,000 hours battery life and dual reticles.

Not every red dot is going to be on a defense/shtf rifle.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:16:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Manual is definitely showing that it's a Chinese optic with the terrible Engrish in it. .
View Quote

This is one of their main problems. They keep advertising the 503C as "dual powered. Battery/solar" when it is NOT. It is fully battery operated (will NOT run in either mode without battery). What they mean is "dual MODE. Manual/solar REGULATED".  The "solar mode" is nothing more than a light sensor auto regulating how much battery it uses (it will NOT run on solar w/o battery power).
Anyone with a 503C do this test: put it in "solar mode" and put your hand ON the "solar" (actually just a sensor) panel. The dot will auto dim, but still be there. Why?... because it's not solar powered (it's ambient light REGULATED in that mode). That's the crappy Chinese to English translation misleading people.
BTW... I, too, have switched to the 503GU and freaking LOVE that RDS. No silly "ambient light auto regulator", sits at proper H1 height (another thing the C series doesn't do), and has easily replaced battery (unlike the undertray models, which are a PITA to change). Best feature of it is the "always on" mode with motion off/on. After using a couple 503c's... I've entirely switched to 503GU's (my new favorites)!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#44]
I'll have to check when I get home but I'm pretty sure we tested my 503c when I got it and it worked without a battery.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#45]
My understanding is the 503C model does indeed function with solar only when light conditions allow but it also has a reticle brightness light sensor within the solar panel. Here you go (from Holosun): "How do the solar optics work? – In automatic mode our solar optics automatically switch to battery power whenever there is not enough light available to power the reticle. In manual mode, the optic will always use battery power. The “solar panel” on top of our optics is actually a photo-diode array (basically a light sensor). It controls both the auto brightness adjustment and provides solar power to the product."
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Not sure if this is deserving of a whole new thread or not, but my 503GU shit itself today at the range.  Put the optic on the Circle dot setting to see how I liked that reticle.  Pressed the trigger and boom the thing shut off.  Tried a fresh battery and still no go.  One thing to mention is this is on a mid-length gas system barrel and is definitely more tame with recoil than my 2 carbine barrel.  

So time to test out the warranty from Holosun.  So far my experience with customer service was fantastic.  Guy who answered the phone felt it was the battery cap, and is shipping a new one.  Stated if that wasn't the trouble they'll swap the optic out for me with the replacement optic being shipped first.  

I'll keep everyone updated with the turn out of the battery cap replacement.  Going to be a few days to get it from Cali to PA, though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'll have to check when I get home but I'm pretty sure we tested my 503c when I got it and it worked without a battery.
View Quote

I've heard the newer ones do this and the older ones do not. Dunno if it's true or not. Mines not very old and I haven't tried.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

For me $300 is Aimpoint territory. For the ruggedness, dependability and piece of mind I will Choose a $300 Aimpoint over a $300 anything else, even if it is a few ounces heavier. As far as the reticle, the individual is going to have to justify if the reticle is worth sacrificing a little ruggedness, dependability and piece of mind .

But like I said, to each his own. If you want to pay $300 for a Holosun over a used COMP M2 then more power to you.
View Quote

Yeah it's cool. Not trying to be argumentative. People have what they like.

Btw, is the GU $300?  My 503c was $219.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:57:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My understanding is the 503C model does indeed function with solar only when light conditions allow but it also has a reticle brightness light sensor within the solar panel. Here you go (from Holosun): "How do the solar optics work? – In automatic mode our solar optics automatically switch to battery power whenever there is not enough light available to power the reticle. In manual mode, the optic will always use battery power. The “solar panel” on top of our optics is actually a photo-diode array (basically a light sensor). It controls both the auto brightness adjustment and provides solar power to the product."
View Quote

Hmm... I'll be darned! I seem to remember trying to my 503C without the battery and it not working (at all)... but I'll have to try again and see what happens. Does yours work w/o battery? Maybe they made some changes over time (I have one from when they first came out)? Anyway... please keep me posted on this! I was certain it wouldn't work on solar (no battery)... but I've been known to be wrong more than I'd care to admit
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:11:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Hmm... I'll be darned! I seem to remember trying to my 503C without the battery and it not working (at all)... but I'll have to try again and see what happens. Does yours work w/o battery? Maybe they made some changes over time (I have one from when they first came out)? Anyway... please keep me posted on this! I was certain it wouldn't work on solar (no battery)... but I've been known to be wrong more than I'd care to admit
View Quote

Yeah like I mentioned I heard the ones that first came out didn't run without a battery and the newer ones do.

I don't know if it's true or not though. Seems like it could be from what you and others are saying.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top