AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah I think the PA Platinum is the closest comparison
View Quote

I haven't checked out the Primary Arms 1-8x Platinum line but I own one of their 1-6x scopes, and frankly I'm underwhelmed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I haven't checked out the Primary Arms 1-8x Platinum line but I own one of their 1-6x scopes, and frankly I'm underwhelmed.
View Quote

The Platinum is a completly different line from the budget Chinese optics.

It's a high end, Japanese model that's fully comparable with the Vortex Razor, Trijicon Accu-Power, etc.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's a high end, Japanese model that's fully comparable with the Vortex Razor, Trijicon Accu-Power, etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. Also not to be confused with the PA SFP 1-8x
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a green MIL reticle, 1-8x Accupower enroute from Natchezss.com.  Price was $1,147.50 + $30 FEDEX.

Couldn't pass it up at that price.  Thank the Lord for VISA !
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:18:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thermal is becoming more and more available every month.  Less expensive and better performance.  So, if one is worried about being ID'ed with NVGs due to light emitting from the objective, don't worry.  With thermal you're identified as a target with or without reticle light emitting out the front.

Don't worry. Thermal technology is going to get you regardless.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a green MIL reticle, 1-8x Accupower enroute from Natchezss.com.  Price was $1,147.50 + $30 FEDEX.

View Quote

Currently out of stock but great price.  Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
@DeltaThree2

When you get it could you post pics looking through the reticle at different magnifications? Outside if possible?

I'm fairly sure I'm going to buy one but would like to see how it actually looks. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

thanks for the heads up - added to wishlist!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice deal.  Verify daylight brightness please
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Red MOA version in stock @ 1147

1-8 red moa

holding out for the mil myself, but thought I'd let people know.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Red MOA version in stock @ 1147

1-8 red moa

holding out for the mil myself, but thought I'd let people know.
View Quote

FFP, if that matters to people...
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

That info is (or at least should) be widely known.  Just about every video I've seen along with all of the previews also mention it.  Heck, the image with specs I posted on Page 3 of this thread even says it.

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#13]
It is supposed to be delivered some time today.  I'm hoping to do as you ask....post some reticle pictures taken outside.  Currently the ground is snow-covered.  What I'd like to do is get lighted reticle pictures against sun drenched snow.  Can't get much brighter background than that to test the daylight brightness.  However, those types of pictures will depend on the cooperation of the weather.  Either way, I'll do my best to post reticle pictures.

The one thing I'm interested in is the eyebox of the reticle.  Eye relief indicates 4".  But eyebox is seldom referenced which it should be.  With the 34mm tube and the 28mm objective I'm hoping the eyebox is more red dot sight-like.  We'll see (pun intended).

I actually bought this with the intent to put it on my 16" Tavor X95.  I wanted something shorter and less heavy than this 25 oz + Accupower.  Considered a TA-110 LED ACOG.  But the limited magnification and the inability to focus caused me to choose the new 1-8x Accupower.  Also, a small factor in my decision was the 1-8x was almost $150.00 LESS than the best-priced TA-110 I could find.

Wish me luck with the photos.  Never posted photos to AR15.com before.  I'll do my best.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That info is (or at least should) be widely known.  Just about every video I've seen along with all of the previews also mention it.  Heck, the image with specs I posted on Page 3 of this thread even says it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.  I only added the comment because the scope comes in both FFP and SFP variants, depending on which reticle you get.  Not everyone pays close attention.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Understood.  I only added the comment because the scope comes in both FFP and SFP variants, depending on which reticle you get.  Not everyone pays close attention.
View Quote

I don't think so.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It is supposed to be delivered some time today.  I'm hoping to do as you ask....post some reticle pictures taken outside.  Currently the ground is snow-covered.  What I'd like to do is get lighted reticle pictures against sun drenched snow.  Can't get much brighter background than that to test the daylight brightness.  However, those types of pictures will depend on the cooperation of the weather.  Either way, I'll do my best to post reticle pictures.

The one thing I'm interested in is the eyebox of the reticle.  Eye relief indicates 4".  But eyebox is seldom referenced which it should be.  With the 34mm tube and the 28mm objective I'm hoping the eyebox is more red dot sight-like.  We'll see (pun intended).

I actually bought this with the intent to put it on my 16" Tavor X95.  I wanted something shorter and less heavy than this 25 oz + Accupower.  Considered a TA-110 LED ACOG.  But the limited magnification and the inability to focus caused me to choose the new 1-8x Accupower.  Also, a small factor in my decision was the 1-8x was almost $150.00 LESS than the best-priced TA-110 I could find.

Wish me luck with the photos.  Never posted photos to AR15.com before.  I'll do my best.
View Quote
Thanks a lot. I'd really appreciate it. 
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do pay attention.... They're all FFP.  Check the Trijicon website.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lower magnification option is SFP.  The 8x are all FFP
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, brain fart.  I was thinking of the Sig Tango7.  You're right, both 1-8 options are FFP.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is about the 1-8x.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm really looking forward to seeing more info on the Trijicon 1-8. Especially some pics of the reticle as mentioned above.
In the meantime, I took some pics of my newly acquired Burris XTR II 1-8. Couldn't pass up the good deal and one can never have enough optics.
It's hard to take quality pics and get the exposure settings right on an iPhone but that's what I got right now.  I can assure you on setting 11 it's very bright. Pics don't always display this. You really have to have one in hand to see it in person. I'm afraid the Trijicon will be the same but I'd still like to see some pics.

image hosting over 5mb

free upload image

free upload image

free upload image

free upload image
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@DeltaThree2

When you get it could you post pics looking through the reticle at different magnifications? Outside if possible?

I'm fairly sure I'm going to buy one but would like to see how it actually looks. Thanks
View Quote

NFA-Joe,

I just got home.  Scope is here.  Serial #5133.  Green Mil reticle.  I've unboxed it.  Installed the battery.  Weather is cold but blue skies, bright sun on snow-covered fields.  I cranked the brightness right up to maximum intensity, #11 on the dial.

I took it outside and looked across the snow-covered field.  Scope set to 1x and #11 brightness on the illumination.  Unbelievable !  The reticle appears BLACK !  On 8x it appears to look black-green.  There is no "brightness" to it.  It appears as though it isn't lighted at all.  This thing is NOT daylight bright. On a 1-10 (10 being the brightest) scale for daylight brightness I call it a one (1).  It is THAT bad.  In a darkened room I call the brightness a 7, maybe an 8.  To say I am disappointed would be an understatement.

I have one of their TA-02, LED ACOGs.  The AA battery powered reticle will burn your eye out !  This Accupower alleged daylight bright reticle is garbage.  Anyone claiming this is daylight bright is lying.  It is barely bright indoors.

I'm not going to take the effort to download the one picture I was able to take with my $85 camera.  The time and effort to upload it is not worth it simply because you can see what I'm seeing, a black reticle, at Trijicon's website.  The illumination is so bad I am going to contact the vendor and ask if I can return the scope for a refund.  It is THAT bad.  However, before I do that I'm going to call Trijicon customer service on Monday and hear what kind of answer they give me to my complaint.

I suggest anyone reading this refrain from buying this scope if you're expecting daylight brightness.  Save your money.  Or buy a competitor's product.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#23]
FYI, the overall quality of the scope appears to be very good.  But, in my extreme disappointment with the reticle brightness or lack thereof, I don't plan on doing any further evaluation.  It is back in the box pending my Monday call to Trijicon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Thats unfortunate. I watched Iraw War Veterans video with the 1-8 and the reticle in the video whilst outdoors was visible. Did you try a different battery?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I guess that answered that question on whether or not the new 1-8x is using the same illumination as the 1-4X AccuPower.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thats unfortunate. I watched Iraw War Veterans video with the 1-8 and the reticle in the video whilst outdoors was visible. Did you try a different battery?
View Quote

Yes.  Put in a fresh 2032.  Looking into a darkened room in my house I had to turn up the illum to #5 before I could see the reticle (1x).  I'm truly hoping this is a defective unit.  It shouldn't be, but it is possible.  Everything about the scope I'm pleased with except this poor illum issue.

I'll have to look at the video you referenced and see if, via the video, I can get a better idea of the illumination situation.

Trijicon had big issues with their SRS red dot. Will this 1-8x28 be another albatross around their neck ?  It's better I hold off further judgement until I speak with Trijicon on Monday.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the update, that is pretty disappointing. I might try one out in red just to see if its any better.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Scope is excellent, very happy with it so far, nice forgiving eye box, good field of view, great bright glass, 8X magnification range, much improved FFP reticle design with positive .1 Mil clicks with 100 MOA of adjustment, toolless zero setting with locking turrets, 34mm tube, great illumination, very short design, integral cattail on magnification adjustment and "off" settings between each level of illumination. This scope is heavily packed with features and provides excellent value compared to similarly features optics putting it in a class of its own.
I know that illumination is a huge concern for some people, so to make a long story short, the illumination is similar to the 1-4x Accupower. I do consider it to be daylight bright unless you point it directly at the sun and I don't recommend that with any optic. I have always considered the illumination on the 1-4X Accupower to be excellent as I don't think Trijicon could make it much brighter because on setting 11, it's extremely bright. The illumination on the 1-8X lights up the outer part of the segmented circle along with the very center cross of the crosshair, although at 1X the center crosshair looks like more like a Dot due to the FFP reticle. The way Trijicon designed the reticle, illumination is not necessarily needed during daylight hours but could be helpful in poorly lit areas.
I have used just about every high end 1-?X scope out there and Trijicon executed this design very well. Of course you can always complain about something and it could always be better but dollar for dollar, this scope will be very tough to beat.
At first I thought that this 1-8 might be a bit large for a 5.56 and I originally bought them for some of my SR25's but after trying it out on the LPR, it's a good fit....
Here is a pic of the Trijicon 1-8 on a KAC ECC for reference.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/495/32561152726_6cd2703c62_b.jpg
View Quote

Another members review over in kac
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, was affirming your statement on 8x being FFP.  SFP reference above your comment pertains to a different magnification model
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scope is excellent, very happy with it so far, nice forgiving eye box, good field of view, great bright glass, 8X magnification range, much improved FFP reticle design with positive .1 Mil clicks with 100 MOA of adjustment, toolless zero setting with locking turrets, 34mm tube, great illumination, very short design, integral cattail on magnification adjustment and "off" settings between each level of illumination. This scope is heavily packed with features and provides excellent value compared to similarly features optics putting it in a class of its own.
I know that illumination is a huge concern for some people, so to make a long story short, the illumination is similar to the 1-4x Accupower. I do consider it to be daylight bright unless you point it directly at the sun and I don't recommend that with any optic. I have always considered the illumination on the 1-4X Accupower to be excellent as I don't think Trijicon could make it much brighter because on setting 11, it's extremely bright. The illumination on the 1-8X lights up the outer part of the segmented circle along with the very center cross of the crosshair, although at 1X the center crosshair looks like more like a Dot due to the FFP reticle. The way Trijicon designed the reticle, illumination is not necessarily needed during daylight hours but could be helpful in poorly lit areas.
I have used just about every high end 1-?X scope out there and Trijicon executed this design very well. Of course you can always complain about something and it could always be better but dollar for dollar, this scope will be very tough to beat.
At first I thought that this 1-8 might be a bit large for a 5.56 and I originally bought them for some of my SR25's but after trying it out on the LPR, it's a good fit....
Here is a pic of the Trijicon 1-8 on a KAC ECC for reference.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/495/32561152726_6cd2703c62_b.jpg
View Quote

Another members review over in kac
View Quote

I don't consider the 1-4x a bust nor would I consider the 1-8x, if similar in illumination, a bust.  Triji should really figure this out though.  It would be the differentiation needed to make it an absolute slam dunk.  I may just keep my 1-4x
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Not daylight bright, huh?

About what I figured as Trijicon was being cagey about it and the test where they rolled it out was done in low light.

I knew they'd find a way to blow it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:11:23 AM EDT
[#32]
I thought the same thing... they were being coy on its description... Trijicon suffers the same malady as Leopold...  They make all their money on .Gov contracts and don't seem to have anyone pay attention to anything outside of that.

Daylight bright should not be a difficult thing for someone like Trijicon to achieve, especially at that price point. Other companies have achieved it...for much less.

too bad.. Makes me happy I chose the Burris XTRII.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not daylight bright, huh?

About what I figured as Trijicon was being cagey about it and the test where they rolled it out was done in low light.

I knew they'd find a way to blow it.
View Quote

Actually, The illumination is what I would term "daylight dim" at best.  It is actually non-existent.  My VCOG red horseshoe reticle is not overly bright but, compared to the reticle of my new 1-8x Accupower, the VCOG is like a TA-31 on a sunny day !

In case readers here missed it, inside my house and looking from the window-lit kitchen into the darkened hallway, I had to turn the illumination to #5 before the reticle was visible enough to be usable.  Never having an Accupower and believing Trijicon was using 21st Century technology, I purchased the 1-8x28.  So for those who know better than myself, is my new 1-8x28 Accupower's illumination:

1.  Working as can be expected ?
2.  Indicative of a defective electronic module preventing proper illumination ?

In my opinion the new Trijicon 1-8×28 Accupower is being deceptively promoted in that:

1.  It does NOT have true 1x setting as advertised and specified in their literature/website.
2.  It does not have the, alluded to, 11 illumination settings, unless one considers the first four settings as Dark-Dark-Dark-Dark.
3.  It cannot use Trijicon's own developed, advertised and vaunted Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC) simply because Trijicon has failed to insure the reticle is "highly illuminated".  Their "highly illuminated aiming point" declared in their own owners manual as a requirement to use this specified feature.
4.  Most importantly, the illumination is simply dim, of little, if any, value.

The illumination is a very important feature.  A feature that prevents the product from functioning as advertised/promoted.  This new Trijicon is an extreme disappointment to me.  I expected Trijicon to provide quality and not market deceptions.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Actually, The illumination is what I would term "daylight dim" at best.  It is actually non-existent.  My VCOG red horseshoe reticle is not overly bright but, compared to the reticle of my new 1-8x Accupower, the VCOG is like a TA-31 on a sunny day !

In case readers here missed it, inside my house and looking from the window-lit kitchen into the darkened hallway, I had to turn the illumination to #5 before the reticle was visible enough to be usable.  Never having an Accupower and believing Trijicon was using 21st Century technology, I purchased the 1-8x28.  So for those who know better than myself, is my new 1-8x28 Accupower's illumination:

2.  Indicative of a defective electronic module preventing proper illumination ?

In my opinion the new Trijicon 1-8×28 Accupower is being deceptively promoted in that:

1.  It does NOT have true 1x setting as advertised and specified in their literature/website.
2.  It does not have the, alluded to, 11 illumination settings, unless one considers the first four settings as Dark-Dark-Dark-Dark.
3.  It cannot use Trijicon's own developed, advertised and vaunted Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC) simply because Trijicon has failed to insure the reticle is "highly illuminated".  Their "highly illuminated aiming point" declared in their own owners manual as a requirement to use this specified feature.

The illumination is a very important feature.  A feature that prevents the product from functioning as advertised/promoted.  This new Trijicon is an extreme disappointment to me.  I expected Trijicon to provide quality and not market deceptions.
View Quote

cold you please provide a picture so we could compare it to the Burris above?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're saying it's not 1X either?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#36]
No. I will not provide a picture.  Simply, if you read my earlier post, I am not going to go to the effort to post a picture of a black reticle.  The reticle on the highest setting of #11, against a blue sky, snow-covered background is BLACK !

Go to Trijicon's website and see their posted, black reticle for the 1-8×28.  That is what I have at #11 illumination.

Ask one of the folks posting how great the illumination is to post a picture of THEIR great illumination experience.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You're saying it's not 1X either?
View Quote

What is it with you guys ?  WTF did I write earlier ?  Do I have to spell it for you in Mandarin ?  Now about German ? French ?  Would Spanish work for you ?

If I wrote it here 5+ times someone would still ask me to clarify.

Go back and read wnat I wrote the first time.  There's your answer.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I say your statements about how wonderful the illumination is on this reticle is pure bull dung !  Please post a picture of the great illumination you claim exists.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I say your statements about how wonderful the illumination is on this reticle is pure bull dung !  Please post a picture of the great illumination you claim exists.
View Quote

Delta,can you tone it down a bit until you talk to Trijicon?  I'm not taking anyone's side here, but you're asking someone else to post the same pic you are refusing to post, then using short hand profanity to reiterate your words when a picture would provide better and undeniable proof (the ruler test is a great test of true 1x and can be done nearly as fast as typing "AT F).  

Let's all try to keep things professional here in a tech forum please.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

the ruler test is a great test of true 1x.
View Quote

Can you elaborate on how the ruler test works? Do you just drop a tape/ruler down range and see if there's any distortion?

Thx
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What is it with you guys ?  WTF did I write earlier ?  Do I have to spell it for you in Mandarin ?  Now about German ? French ?  Would Spanish work for you ?

If I wrote it here 5+ times someone would still ask me to clarify.

Go back and read wnat I wrote the first time.  There's your answer.
View Quote

Turn it down about 9 notches. All you said was "1. It does NOT have true 1x setting as advertised and specified in their literature/website". You didn't say anything about this in your earlier post and you didn't say how you came to that conclusion.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Delta,can you tone it down a bit until you talk to Trijicon?  I'm not taking anyone's side here, but you're asking someone else to post the same pic you are refusing to post.....
View Quote

Oh but you ARE taking sides.  Why would I go through the hassle of the effort it takes to post a picture of a black reticle ?  To prove to you and the other non-believers and Trijicon fan-boys that the reticle IS black ?  I am NOT asking "someone else to post the same pic you are refusing to post....".  Seems to me you read what you want to read and not what is factual. I told the individual who proclaimed how wonderful and bright the illumination is to post a picture of the wonderful daylight brightness he is experiencing.  To what end would the visual of a black reticle prove ?  I told folks here NUMEROUS times that reticle appears black.  Besides, I'm doing folks here a favor after spending $1200 for a scope THEY won't buy.  Yet you and others want to challenge my verbal description of the word "black" !

I stated earlier I would not go through the hassle of picture taking to "prove" my point.  If you want to see what the reticle looks like at #11 illumination, go to the Trijicon website and look at their posted, black reticle.  Or better yet, go buy one yourself.

Oh, and gee whiz, how "unprofessional" of me to use the term "bull dung".  I purposely used that term so I wouldn't have to read some whiner complain I was insensitive or vulgar on this forum.  Guess I was wrong.  Seems to me the emasculation of the American male is complete....and YOU are an example of that.

I have three regrets regarding my purchase of the Trijicon 1-8×28 scope:

1.  That I bought it.
2.  That I came to ArfCom hoping to give people some viable information.
3.  That I experience "men" like you at Arfcom who are offended by me using terminology you don't like.

Goodbye.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Turn it down about 9 notches. All you said was "1. It does NOT have true 1x setting as advertised and specified in their literature/website". You didn't say anything about this in your earlier post and you didn't say how you came to that conclusion.
View Quote

Trijicon says it is true 1x.  It is NOT.  The FSB on my weapon is blurred.  

There.  Make you happy ?

Now, go buy it yourself.  

Goodbye.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Hahaha. Holy panties-in-a-bunch, Batman!

Optimal,
 Could you do the "ruler test" for us to see the 1x capabilities?

Also, does yours happen to be the RED reticle?  It seems that DeltaThree2's is green.  That might be the difference between your differing claims of "daylight bright"

ETA: Disregard, Optimal.  I now see that you grabbed that from elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#45]
For those that are still tuning in for some real information and aren't flexing their forum muscles with useless information, I'd like to find out if the true 1x changes with the rear ocular dial? I noticed on my Burris (the only 1x... scope I own) when I dial the rear "focus" ring I notice that whatever I am looking at will get larger or smaller. I guess if your eyes focus a certain way then it might appear that it's not a true 1x. When I move the scope left and right while focusing the rear aperture I can dial it in to be very much a 1x. Again, I have no experience with a 1x... scope so I'm learning as I go.

I'd be curious if the Trijicon 1-8 functions the same way?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There.  Make you happy ?

Now, go buy it yourself.  

Goodbye.
View Quote

Why don't you take pictures and show everyone all of your complaints rather than whining and throwing a fit?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Delta, I'm staying professional and ask you to do to same.  As your words conflict with others, visuals help to define actual differences rather Han just putting one's words against another.  Accusing me of making sides is doing no one any good.  Stating that your FSB is blurred provides a detailed example of the scope not being 1x that simply saying that it's not 1x doesn't provide.  Scientific data requires measurable examples.  Not being 1x is an outcome; the FSB being blurry is the scientific data that supports that outcome.  I'll ask if you set the parallax, since you didn't say whether you did or not, and assuming is for fools and you tube reviewers.

Regarding the ruler test that another member asked about:  place your scope at 1x, then place a ruler up against the objective lens.  If the scope is a true 1x (incredibly few are), you'll see the edges of the ruler run straight through.  If there is a slight magnification, you'll see the ruler as being slightly wider in the circular sense than outside the scope.  

Note, true 1x is very hard.  Even $3000 S&B scopes only claim 1.1x on their 1.1-4 and 1.1-8 short dots.  I'm not saying that trijicon claiming true 1x is cool, but it's hardly surprising if it's not true, especially at this price point.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#48]
That escalated quickly. Clear buyers remorse driving emotion. For people wantin pictures, seeing 'he may be the only one that has one right now, it reads like it's exactly the same illumination as the 1-4x. At 700.00, it's okay. At 1200+, knowing the 1-4x deficiency, not okay.

It's the only knock on what otherwise is an excellent scope. What bothers me too is folks like Iraq Veteran getting early access and either alluding to it being brighter or being a paid shill to avoid a major review variable.

1-8x is, I believe, a sweet spot range for a 14.5+ 5.56 rifle. At over a grand, there are certain features that are non negotiable. Turrets should lock upon zeroing. The 1x better be damn close to 1x. Eye relief 4" or better. Clear glass with thin reticle stadia. Usable reticle in moa and mil options. Lighter that or at 1.5 pounds.

And, daylight bright.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Delta, I completely understand your frustration and disappointment with Trijicon on this.  Please try not to project that frustration on members here.  Save it for Trijicon Customer service.  I think we are all very interested in what they have to say.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

There.  Make you happy ?

Now, go buy it yourself.  

Goodbye.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There.  Make you happy ?

Now, go buy it yourself.  

Goodbye.

People want pictures because it verifies statements for a significant spend commit.

How you describe the 1x failure is not how you determine 1x. This is where pictures help. You believing the FSB needs to be clear at 1x from a clear picture at 8x is not telling anyone about the 1x feature. It speaks to a different aspect of the optic. Put a ruler in front of it both on and out of view through the scope. What happens to the ruler as you look through the scope?
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top