User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/12/2017 3:55:03 PM EDT
New Trijicon Accupower 1-8

Did a quick browse and didn't see anything?  Just curious if anyone had any knowledge on this outside the press release?

I heard it was possibly at the Dallas Safari Club event last week but not from anyone I know personally. Curious about MSRP actual (as opposed to reported) availability date etc.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Looks big. I like the 34mm tube. Wonder if this thing will be a boat anchor?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
looks real heavy
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
looks real heavy
View Quote

That's what I was thinking, that's a fat ass scope!
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
looks real heavy

Dainty and people would complain about durability.  Let's wait for specs, but lightweight isn't a principal aim in a 1-8x.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dainty and people would complain about durability.  Let's wait for specs, but lightweight isn't a principal aim in a 1-8x.
View Quote

Definitely not expecting it to be a featherweight just curious what it will weigh in at. Like I said above supposedly there are people out there with hands on. I'm fine with and expect the added weight for the added capabilities I just hope it's not any heavier than it needs to be.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did a quick browse and didn't see anything?  Just curious if anyone had any knowledge on this outside the press release?

I heard it was possibly at the Dallas Safari Club event last week but not from anyone I know personally. Curious about MSRP actual (as opposed to reported) availability date etc.
View Quote

WOW! DAmn!!

My 1-4 Accupower is being replaced and is supposed to ship out from them any moment now. I wonder how far off this thing is and if they would let me upgrade to this?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#7]
When I look at pricing on their other models, I'm expecting about a $1400 price tag
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Did they make it Daylight bright?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#9]
What else new does trijicon have coming?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When I look at pricing on their other models, I'm expecting about a $1400 price tag
View Quote

That's what I'm hoping for.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully.

And under 20 ounces would be perfect.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:52:03 AM EDT
[#12]
This is FULL ON RUMOR, but there is one guy claiming a rep told him MSRP of $1599.  This was taken from a FaceBook comments section so take it as a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:03:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hopefully.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully.

That's ambitious for weight, but yes, would be a selling point.  

To pivot subjects, I have seen a picture of an Aimpoint CompM5 which is a hybrid micro with a 30mm tube...

Triji and AP are my favorite brands; I like what each are developing.

But back to regularly scheduled AccuPower programming.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:14:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Yessssss!
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 6:18:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
looks real heavy

34mm tubes don't really add much weight to an optic. What does is other features, turrets, locking turrets, zero stop, etc.

A wild guess, 21oz.

Hopefully it's daylight bright, and > $1, 300. I have high hopes for Trij on this.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Probably mostly made by Light Optic in Japan with a very similar design as the Primary Arms 1-8x but with a different reticle.

It will be imported to the US as a 80%-er like all other Trijicon conventional scope. Assemble in the Trijicon factory with just enough parts to be legally labelled made-in-USA. Charge the premium because of that and the Trijicon brand name. If it actually has retail of $1600, then it's actually no bad. But this is Trijicon, so it will probably more than that.

I guess I will try it out at SHOT Show Industry Day or the night-shoot.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Interesting...
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#18]
It's a shame that Trijicon doesn't have a presence in this forum to answer questions like Vortex does.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hopefully.

View Quote

No way in hell.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No way in hell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully.

No way in hell.

Yeah with the size and feature set sub 20oz would make it fragile I'd bet.  23-26oz is more likely. if the street price is in the $1300 range I'll get one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Just for comparison purposes...

The non-Platinum Primary Arms 1-8X is 18 oz.
The Platinum version is 26.45 oz.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Leupold mk6 is 34mm n its light...
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Leupold mk6 is 34mm n its light...
View Quote

This is true, but Leupold has always been significantly lighter than competitors, and is usually considered one of their biggest 'pros'. That's not to say it can't be done, just that I'd not expect it to be the weight of a comparable Mk 6.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just for comparison purposes...

The non-Platinum Primary Arms 1-8X is 18 oz.
The Platinum version is 26.45 oz.
View Quote

Non platinum in 30mm and SFP I think.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:10:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Well now, this certainly has my attention. I would have liked to have seen a 1-6x Accupower. I can't wait to see the specs, but I also agree with no way in hell is this thing going to be 20 oz. Life just aint that kind.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Non platinum in 30mm and SFP I think.
View Quote

Ah, sorry, that would make a difference!
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:36:12 AM EDT
[#27]
And if it is at or sub 20oz it'll be $2250 or more.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Sigh FFP don't care.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:45:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sigh FFP don't care.
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:56:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sigh FFP don't care.
View Quote

Why?  FFP is the way to go on a 1-8.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:15:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sigh FFP don't care.

Why?

I'm a huge fan of LPVO's I've only sampled three FFP LPVO's the Mk6 Mk8 SR-4. IMO the reticle at 1x is to small and effects its usefullness. On my rifles my optics stay on 1x 98% of the time the higher  magnification is for target identification purposes. I'll never need to range a target in my line of work. We have snipers for that. I'd rather have a larger daylight useable reticle at 1x.

I was excited when I saw this because I love the segment circle reticle on my 1-4 accupower.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:40:23 AM EDT
[#32]
10-4. Suppose it makes sense for your application.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:56:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm a huge fan of LPVO's I've only sampled three FFP LPVO's the Mk6 Mk8 SR-4. IMO the reticle at 1x is to small and effects its usefullness. On my rifles my optics stay on 1x 98% of the time the higher  magnification is for target identification purposes. I'll never need to range a target in my line of work. We have snipers for that. I'd rather have a larger daylight useable reticle at 1x.

I was excited when I saw this because I love the segment circle reticle on my 1-4 accupower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sigh FFP don't care.

Why?

That's the key for me... I'm going to want more performance in the close in fight then the long range... Which is why if your reticle is not daylight bright, I have no interest in it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:04:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What else new does trijicon have coming?
View Quote

Maybe a battery powered TA-33?

I just picked up the battery powered TA-11 they released last year, very happy. A TA-33 model would round it out nicely.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Keep an open mind.  Hopefully Trijicon nailed it with this, and the reticle will essentially shrink to a bright red dot that's usable like a RDS at 1x.  There's so many good reticle designs that could make this awesome in FFP.

IMHO, you need FFP in a scope that goes up to 8x, otherwise the reticle is worthless at 4x, 6x, etc...  If I'm buying a 1-8, I want the option to really use it through the full mag range, otherwise I'd just get a 1-4.

Hopefully Trijicon nailed the reticle.  That's going to make or break this scope.

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Folks,

Doing some research I found this information:

http://www.cmcgov.com/TRIJICON-ACCUPOWER-1-8X28-MOA-SEG-GR_2.html?sc=28&category=10218687

The vendor, CMC Government Supply is showing the MSRP on the 1-8x Accupower to be $1699.00.  CMC's street price = $1304.00 ! ! !

Some of you guys have been pretty spot on with your guesses at expected pricing.  From what I can tell it's going to be about 10.5" to 10.75" long.  Weight I'll guess, based on other similar Accupowers, to be 20-23 ounces without scope mount.

I'm hoping they offer the darn thing with a .300 BLK reticle ala the TA-33s and the VCOG.

BTW....if this scope is what many of us hope it will be....is this scope being introduced with the death knell of their VCOG series ?  Thoughts ?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah with the size and feature set sub 20oz would make it fragile I'd bet.  23-26oz is more likely. if the street price is in the $1300 range I'll get one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully.

No way in hell.

Me too.... I'm building a new Heavy Division .308 3-Gun stick and this would be the hot ticket.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Assemble in the Trijicon factory with just enough parts to be legally labelled made-in-USA. Charge the premium because of that and the Trijicon brand name. If it actually has retail of $1600, then it's actually no bad. But this is Trijicon, so it will probably more than that.
View Quote
The Accupower series is not advertised as made in the USA. It is very clearly stated on the scope it is made in Japan.

This is from an email I received from Trijicon tech yesterday. Estimated to be available in the next 30 days according to the tech I spoke to.

MSRP $1699

True 1-8x 34mm tube

Eye relief  4 in

L x W x H (in)  10.8 x 3.1 x 2.7

Wt  25oz
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The Accupower series is not advertised as made in the USA. It is very clearly stated on the scope it is made in Japan.This is from an email I received from Trijicon tech yesterday. Estimated to be available in the next 30 days according to the tech I spoke to.

MSRP $1699

True 1-8x 34mm tube

Eye relief  4 in

Wt  25oz
View Quote

That 25 oz is the only downside if it is daylight bright, but it's fairly close in weight to other high end 1-8 scopes. It would be nice if they came out with a sfp model that's closer to 20 oz.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Any reticle pics yet? Mil adjustments?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That 25 oz is the only downside if it is daylight bright, but it's fairly close in weight to other high end 1-8 scopes. It would be nice if they came out with a sfp model that's closer to 20 oz.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Accupower series is not advertised as made in the USA. It is very clearly stated on the scope it is made in Japan.This is from an email I received from Trijicon tech yesterday. Estimated to be available in the next 30 days according to the tech I spoke to.

MSRP $1699

True 1-8x 34mm tube

Eye relief  4 in

Wt  25oz

I'm betting it's not daylight bright...
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

If it's the same illumination as their VCOG and AccuPower line, I think the Burris XTRII 1-8x is the better and cheaper option for this reason.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Really would like a comparison of it and the PA Platinum.  Similar price range, and the latter receives fantastic reviews.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

In a market segment shared with the Burris and PA Platinum, it had better damn well be daylight bright, or it'll end up as an also ran.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That's the key for me... I'm going to want more performance in the close in fight then the long range... Which is why if your reticle is not daylight bright, I have no interest in it.
View Quote

The segmented circle works well enough in the SFP platform. I mean YMMV but even the big black lines are thick enough to pick up. 
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

In a market segment shared with the Burris and PA Platinum, it had better damn well be daylight bright, or it'll end up as an also ran.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People will still give it a look due to the brand, but yes, they should learn from the 1-4x issues.  And then fix those for the 1-4x too
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:24:56 AM EDT
[#47]
We all agree that the brightness needs to get fixed, my 3-9 doesn't seem to have much problems but my VCOG even with the green could use a tad more brightness. I'm really interested to see the reticle and the price point. Anyone going to SHOT show needs to snap pics or post on here how it is. I'm thinking this may be the scope to replace my 3-9 accupower on my colt 901. The 1-8 could be the do it all battle rifle scope for my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#48]
I believe I read the green segmented circle will be an option. I'm okay with that
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

WOW! DAmn!!

My 1-4 Accupower is being replaced and is supposed to ship out from them any moment now. I wonder how far off this thing is and if they would let me upgrade to this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW! DAmn!!

Why is your Accupower being replaced?  The reason I ask is because, my 1 month old 1-4 lit reticle went out at the range yesterday.  Was on my .308.  Got home, changed the battery without checking again, works fine now.  Checked the old battery and is at 3v.  

Hoping I don't have an issue. It is a .223 reticle on a much heavier recoiling .308

Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:44:28 AM EDT
[#50]
$1699 MSRP
25oz

Info Here
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top