BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I may have missed it elswhere in this thread...can you confirm this is built here in the USA?

For the price point...if it is...I am IN!!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I may have missed it elswhere in this thread...can you confirm this is built here in the USA?

View Quote
Made in USA
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Apparently the holographic part of it is the U.K. the rest of it is the U.S.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of the AMG products are assembled in U.S I think it was. 
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 3:24:59 AM EDT
[#5]
SWEEEET!
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm definitely intrigued by this optic.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not merely assembled in the USA, but actually made in the USA. 

In the case of the UH-1 it's all made in the USA, with the exception of the holographic film that we buy from the U.K. But we actually create the hologram here in the USA.
View Quote

I gotta admit Vortex stayed true to it's promise years ago that eventually they would begin to manufacture products in the USA

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I will be pre ordering one of these in about a week or so
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I will be pre ordering one of these in about a week or so
View Quote

Where can we preorder from?
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Where can we preorder from?
View Quote

450 shipped with pre-order opticsplanet and 10% code
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I gotta admit Vortex stayed true to it's promise years ago that eventually they would begin to manufacture products in the USA

View Quote

PURE WIN from my viewpoint!
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is a completely  fair price for this product 
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tempted to preorder...but not sure if I should spend the money atm
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#15]
"In the wild" pic

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 4:42:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I just want to know the release date. Before SHOT? Or more likely after?
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trying, very hard, to resist the temptation to pre-order.  Some of y'all ain't helpin'
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I tried using the code "emailex" but it said it was not applicable. It gave an alternate code which offers a 5% discount. I'll still probably preorder it though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I tried using the code "emailex" but it said it was not applicable. It gave an alternate code which offers a 5% discount. I'll still probably preorder it though.
View Quote

Use code "XMAS" to get the 10%.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 2:02:00 AM EDT
[#21]
11 ounces seems pretty heavy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 2:25:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
11 ounces seems pretty heavy.
View Quote

It's on par with comparable Eotech sights, which is what this product is competing with.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 3:29:45 AM EDT
[#23]
This looks nice.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Completed my pre-order today. Looking forward to this optic.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I did the preorder through Vortex. I am pretty stoked about adding this to my AR and moving the PST 1-4x24 on my 308 AR.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Vortex just did a live deal about the Heuy on their Facebook page.  I can't wait to try one of these Vortex Razor AMG UH-1!

You can pre-order now through Optics Planet? now and save 12% using one of my discount codes.  PM or email me for a code.

[email protected]
View Quote

Yep.  Watched the Facebook Live feed.  I hit up Jesse earlier and picked up the 12% and got one pre ordered.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#28]
After watching the facebook video I now want a suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyway to see the live stream video other than facebook? I dont have an account and after a few minutes it asks to login and stops the video..

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Vortex just did a live deal about the Heuy on their Facebook page.  I can't wait to try one of these Vortex Razor AMG UH-1!

You can pre-order now through Optics Planet? now and save 12% using one of my discount codes.  PM or email me for a code.

[email protected]
View Quote

Do you or anyone else know how OP handles pre-orders? Charges when it ships like Larue or charges now?

ETA: nvmd figured it out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#32]
That happened to me and I just refreshed the page and started the video again. I was able to watch the entire video after that. I expanded it to full screen.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#33]
@Moses_J

Can you let me know what you found out about when OP charges for the UH-1?  I want to get in on it but I don't do the prepay stuff anymore as I have been bitten in the past.

If they charge when it ships I will jump on it today.

Thanks!

Quoted:

Do you or anyone else know how OP handles pre-orders? Charges when it ships like Larue or charges now?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[email protected]

Link Posted: 1/1/2017 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@Moses_J

Can you let me know what you found out about when OP charges for the UH-1?  I want to get in on it but I don't do the prepay stuff anymore as I have been bitten in the past.

Thanks!
View Quote

Not gonna lie that new member mention feature is cool. It looks like they don't charge until it's ships.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#35]
@Moses_J

I love that feature too  I have been very critical of the update but that feature is awesome!

Thanks for posting that screenshot.  I am not sure how I missed that when looking before.

I think I will be backordering shortly.

Quoted:

Not gonna lie that new member mention feature is cool. It looks like they don't charge until it's ships.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222364/Screenshot-20170101-142222-118047.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Moses_J

Thanks!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222364/Screenshot-20170101-142222-118047.JPG
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In the case of the UH-1 it's all made in the USA, with the exception of the holographic film that we buy from the U.K. But we actually create the hologram here in the USA.
View Quote

As mentioned in the other thread, it's a MAGA sight with Brexit holography. UH-1 is a 100% confirmed rare Pepe.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#37]
It's a tad expensive IMO. I like my 503c with similar reticle and I'm just a couch commando so I don't need go to extended war durability. From what I've seen my 503 is pretty tough actually. If these were $350 I'd pick one up. Maybe used off of EE.

Not bashing at all. Like I said for the right price I'll probably pick one up used to play with. Although the new reticle in the 503(the horseshoe) is tempting too.

I'm just glad people are coming out with these style reticle besides eojunk. I don't know what took so long.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Don't think this has been asked, yet...

I know dot distortion (rays shooting out of it; looking like a star, more than a dot; being elongated, etc.) can be due to astigmatism.  I had that to some degree with my EOTech 512.A65 the last year or so.  (I'm not certain that, in may case, it's astigmatism [long story].)  When I first got the optic, a couple years ago, I didn't have that problem.  What I did experience was the 65 MOA circle always looking like ragged, uneven circle of individual dots, rather than a nice, clean, smooth circle.  Everybody told me "Oh, that's normal."  And, in fact, one of my best friend's 512.A65 looks the same way.  (To his eyes, too.)

So here's the question: What's the circle look like on the UH-1?  It's got a lot more "feature" than the EOTech circles.  I can't see how that would work worth a darn if the circle was all "dotty."
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Have others look through your scope and tell you or draw for you what the reticle looks like to them
Take a picture of the reticle and compare that to what you see through your eyes vs the pic.
Go to a good eye doctor and take your optic with you have him look through it.
I took an Aimpoint micro to mine and had him look through it and we compared drawings of what the dot looked like to each of us
He also had an astigmatism
He tested me and made some corrections to my script...not perfect but infinitely better.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Don't think this has been asked, yet...

I know dot distortion (rays shooting out of it; looking like a star, more than a dot; being elongated, etc.) can be due to astigmatism.  I had that to some degree with my EOTech 512.A65 the last year or so.  (I'm not certain that, in may case, it's astigmatism [long story].)  When I first got the optic, a couple years ago, I didn't have that problem.  What I did experience was the 65 MOA circle always looking like ragged, uneven circle of individual dots, rather than a nice, clean, smooth circle.  Everybody told me "Oh, that's normal."  And, in fact, one of my best friend's 512.A65 looks the same way.  (To his eyes, too.)

So here's the question: What's the circle look like on the UH-1?  It's got a lot more "feature" than the EOTech circles.  I can't see how that would work worth a darn if the circle was all "dotty."
View Quote

EOTech's reticle looks like that because it's a laser and thus subject to diffraction and speckle, and because the pattern IS pixelated (if you use it with a magnifier and have good eyes, you can clearly make out the pixels). I believe the pixels are intentional so the reticle doesn't completely obscure what's directly behind it. I've got 20/10 eyes that have decayed to 20/15 over the years (like books too much I guess) and it looks like that to me too. It only becomes super-sharp and clear when magnified. I have a very slight astigmatism in my left eye, right eye is perfect. Looks the same from both eyes. I don't see any rays (that's probably your eyes), but neither is it perfectly sharp and non-pixelated. It's pixelated and I can clearly see laser speckle. Which is expected because it IS a laser.

It's also possible you're focusing on the reticle and not the target beyond. You're supposed to be looking at the target. If I focus my eye on the reticle it dissolves into an unfocused mess of rays. Hold it over something and look at the target, it sharpens back up.

Other sights look clearer because they're just shining a colored light through an LED mask onto a mirror, not using a laser hologram. Unless there's a product out there I missed, UH-1 will be the first competing holographic sight.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
EOTech's reticle looks like that because it's a laser and thus subject to diffraction and speckle, and because the pattern IS pixelated ...
View Quote

All digital displays use pixels in some form.  But, that doesn't mean you will necessarily see the individual pixels.  I don't see them on the screen I'm looking at right now.  Nor on the wide screen TV my wife and I watched last evening.  I used to be able to clearly see them on older, low-resolution B&W, green-screen, what-have-you monochrome "glass TTY" terminals.  That's because current-technology displays have much higher resolution than did those of those old terminals.

I don't know anything about the holographic technologies used by either EOTech or Vortex.  Obviously, whatever EOTech did resulted in a holographic image of such low resolution that most people could easily discern individual pixels.  (I would also re-note, btw, that, not only was the resolution poor, but, the rendering of the image uneven.)  Vortex is using somewhat different technology.  So perhaps their rendering of that graphic (for that's really what it is) is better?

ISTM it would have to be.  EOTech's was a simple 65 moa circle, so it being raggedy was more a cosmetic issue than anything else.  But, Vortex' is a circular image with features.  If the UH-1's rendering is as poor as was EOTech's, those visual features would largely be lost in "noise," I would think, rendering their utility questionable?

Thus my question.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Other sights look clearer because they're just shining a colored light through an LED mask onto a mirror, not using a laser hologram. Unless there's a product out there I missed, UH-1 will be the first competing holographic sight.
View Quote

ELCAN HCO, which is vaporware right now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd assume that if we don't see anything from shot show on the hco it's probably dead.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

All digital displays use pixels in some form.  But, that doesn't mean you will necessarily see the individual pixels.  I don't see them on the screen I'm looking at right now.  Nor on the wide screen TV my wife and I watched last evening.  I used to be able to clearly see them on older, low-resolution B&W, green-screen, what-have-you monochrome "glass TTY" terminals.  That's because current-technology displays have much higher resolution than did those of those old terminals.

I don't know anything about the holographic technologies used by either EOTech or Vortex.  Obviously, whatever EOTech did resulted in a holographic image of such low resolution that most people could easily discern individual pixels.  (I would also re-note, btw, that, not only was the resolution poor, but, the rendering of the image uneven.)  Vortex is using somewhat different technology.  So perhaps their rendering of that graphic (for that's really what it is) is better?

ISTM it would have to be.  EOTech's was a simple 65 moa circle, so it being raggedy was more a cosmetic issue than anything else.  But, Vortex' is a circular image with features.  If the UH-1's rendering is as poor as was EOTech's, those visual features would largely be lost in "noise," I would think, rendering their utility questionable?

Thus my question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thus my question.

Could just be an eye thing. It's pixelated, but the hashmarks on the 65 MOA circle are relatively clear to me. Again, though, my vision is not representative of the bulk of the market. And yes, increasing PPI can result in not seeing pixels anymore, as you note with monitors. Stand close to any decently-sized 1080p HDTV and you can make out the pixels clearly. Look at a 4K computer monitor on the other hand and picking out individual pixels is nearly impossible without sticking your face in the screen or having intentionally stark contrast on a lone pixel.

As far as speckle, I meant the general "boiling" effect you see on the red sections themselves, similar to what you see when you shine a laser on something. Laser speckle is just a side effect of lasers themselves. Unless someone has come up with some fancy new focusing technology, I don't know of a way that exists to remove speckle from lasers, only ways to reduce it to one degree or another.

Quoted:

I know; I meant released. UH-1's on the verge of actual release this month going by posts on this forum by Vortex. HCO is MIA.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unsurprisingly: Does not work, any more :(

$450 was marginal, for me.  $475 is over the limit.  Unless I see it somewhere for $450 or less: I'm out and it'll probably be the SIG Romeo 4M for me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

$450 was marginal, for me.  $475 is over the limit.  Unless I see it somewhere for $450 or less: I'm out and it'll probably be the SIG Romeo 4M for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask JesseTischauser for a 10% off code for Optics Planet. It will bring the price down to $450 with free shipping.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:38:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ask JesseTischauser for a 10% off code for Optics Planet. It will bring the price down to $450 with free shipping.
View Quote

I can verify this to be the case!  Perfect timing for my new BCM build.  I can't wait to zero and test!
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

He said his expired on the 1st I believe 
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh.  If it did, it did.  I'm kind of "on the fence," anyway.  I sent him an IM.

Thanks for the lead, lpda22!
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Eh.  If it did, it did.  I'm kind of "on the fence," anyway.  I sent him an IM.

Thanks for the lead, lpda22!
View Quote
He had some 12% codes that expired on the 1st, but he has 10% off codes that don't expire. Just send him an email. He listed his email in one of his earlier posts. 
Page / 20
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top