Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 20
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:15:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly pretty excited about this optic.

I'll be on the order as soon as possible bandwagon to see how it compares with my T2 and MRO.

Like mentioned I like the option of charging the battery in the unit. If anything happened I have CR123 chargers at my house and stock enough non rechargeable batteries for my toys.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Any estimate on weight?  I love every aspect of this sight, but worry it might be heavy.  I know Leupold was looking at using some magnesium-aluminum variant to cut weight on the LCO, but it would have jacked the cost from criminally insane to astronomically insane for only 2-2.5 ounces.

I really like the micros available, but never liked the Eotechs, which were all over 11 ounces.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
i'm in the market for a new RDS/holographic sight after shitcanning my eotech.

.....but will these be available in FDE? i'd be EXTREMELY interested in one if they are going to be available.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Was hoping for less weight...
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was hoping for less weight...
View Quote

Same weight as an Eotech EXPS.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just an FYI, our web team has the dot size wrong. It's 1MOA. I am working on getting that updated.

ETA: There's actually quite a few errors. I'm working on getting them corrected. Sorry, bear with us!
View Quote

Have em list the battery life specs while you're at it...
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Parallax Setting50 Yards ???  This was not listed in the specs on you website.  Does the optic have a 50 yard parallax setting?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

PST G2 specs are up as well
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Whats the width and height? Any way to run as absolute co-witness?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't think the rear buttons, but I guess not many fans of 3Xs these days.
At that weight, I'd want to be impressed by battery life.  I'd love for it to get a year left on at mid-setting.  
For others, this may be the NEW IMPROVED eotech.  The reticle IS beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The width of the sight housing is about 1.6" when measured up by the objective lens. At the base, if you include the QD lever, it's 2" wide.

The height is about 2.3" from the top of the rail, to the top of the sight housing.

It is only lower 1/3 co-witness. The QD base is integrated, so no way to run it as an absolute co-witness.
View Quote

A couple questions since the specs are official now.

NV settings?
Auto-shut off?  If yes, can it be disabled?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The width of the sight housing is about 1.6" when measured up by the objective lens. At the base, if you include the QD lever, it's 2" wide.

The height is about 2.3" from the top of the rail, to the top of the sight housing.

It is only lower 1/3 co-witness. The QD base is integrated, so no way to run it as an absolute co-witness.
View Quote

Dammit, I was really hoping it would be significantly smaller than the Eotech EXPS3.  I guess the technology isn't there yet.  Sparc AR it is.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#20]
the $700 tag is a little north of my range. was hoping to see it more in line with eotechs prices (got mine for low 600's)

i guess i'll wait and see what the price is in the wild. it may still be on the short list.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
the $700 tag is a little north of my range. was hoping to see it more in line with eotechs prices (got mine for low 600's)

i guess i'll wait and see what the price is in the wild. it may still be on the short list.
View Quote

I would guess it's going to come in around 450-475.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I would guess it's going to come in around 450-475.
View Quote

For that price I'll buy one depending on battery life.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#23]
That sounds like a promising sight. I'll wait for a few reviews and if good I think I'd be interested in one or two.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#24]
http://www.vortexoptics.com/uploads/UH-1%20Product%20Manual-web.pdf

Still nothing on battery life even with all the specs out. I'm guessing its[u][/u] nothing too impressive but maybe equal to or better than EO?
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
i'm in the market for a new RDS/holographic sight after shitcanning my eotech.

.....but will these be available in FDE? i'd be EXTREMELY interested in one if they are going to be available.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

NV settings?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NV settings?

Download the "manual" from their website.  No mention of NV comparability (deal killer for me), only says 15 brightness settings "for extreme lowlight to daytime bright."

It does have an "auto-off" feature set for 14 hours but it can be disabled.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Are we still mounting optics and night vision together?
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Just bought an AR and will Def buy one of these if I can find for less than $500!
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#30]
$699 msrp, no chance in hell. Sorry boys, I'm out.  

Think I'm switching over to another hobby, leave the shooting for the wealthy / boomers.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Think I'm switching over to another hobby, leave the shooting for the wealthy / boomers.
View Quote

Umm... Ok? Are we supposed to care that you're done with ARs because you can't afford this?
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

MSRP does not equal OTD price at a retailer.  It'll most likely sell for $100-$200 less than that (think I've heard around $500 retail tossed around as the final number).

Or you could just whine about it when there are other cheaper options available.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Are we still mounting optics and night vision together?
View Quote

Some people use head mounted NODs through the day optic.  It's a good option to have.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#34]

thats badass.  i have no use for it, but i will prolly buy one.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Vortex sights are awesome, with one caveat. Their battery life. Wish you guys would update circuitry in your sights, especially the Sparc AR. Hope the "Huey"'s battery life is much better.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Regarding NV, we are still doing some testing and tweaking of the sight, so nothing is definite on the NV compatibility yet.

Since some people are asking about battery life, we are also still testing , so no final numbers on that either. However, I can say that it does have improved battery life from what people are used to seeing in holographic sights. Don't expect Aimpoint battery life though, as the UH-1 uses a laser, not an LED, and lasers require more power.

We should have this info in time for SHOT show.
View Quote

This is a big thing for me. Elcan's Specter HCO (whenever the hell they get that out the door) and the Vortex UH-1 are high on my list as potential competitors for my 558. The only big negative for me of leaving the 558 is losing that killer battery cap LAM EOTech came up with. But that's okay, I can always just add a DBAL instead. Losing that AND NV would be a bit much just to mitigate a little thermal drift though. I know the Specter HCO is NV-compatible, so hoping the UH-1 is as well, as that would keep it in the running.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:24:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This is a big thing for me. Elcan's Specter HCO (whenever the hell they get that out the door) and the Vortex UH-1 are high on my list as potential competitors for my 558. The only big negative for me of leaving the 558 is losing that killer battery cap LAM EOTech came up with. But that's okay, I can always just add a DBAL instead. Losing that AND NV would be a bit much just to mitigate a little thermal drift though. I know the Specter HCO is NV-compatible, so hoping the UH-1 is as well, as that would keep it in the running.
View Quote

Elite Defense let me know that Elcan is redesigning the sight. Maybe we'll see a new prototype at SHOT.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:51:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Where will the UH1 be manufactured?
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:57:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Where will the UH1 be manufactured?
View Quote

Since it's part of the AMG line it's probably made in the U.S.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's made in the USA with a U.K. made reticle/hologram.
View Quote

Nice. Looking forward to seeing this optic in person.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Check out jet.com they have the True RDS for under 300.00

Quoted:
Came here just to see if I was the only one interested.  I do wonder if anyone proofread the email, though.  We have it called the "UN-1" in the first sentence and the "UH-1" in the second.  

I was planning on buying another Mepro Tru-Dot but the price seems to have gone up $125 since last year, and the website now says "no sales or promotions".  So much for another Mepro Black Friday.  Hopefully this UN/H-1 drops this week with a decent price point and specs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2016 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#43]
So far the specs look good 1MOA dot is excellent
Vortex is taking on 2017 with some nice surprises.
I'm partial to the UH-1 so...
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If it's not too late in the design phase you might wish to reconsider that.  Lower 1/3 cowitness isn't a deal-killer, for me, but, I much prefer absolute.  Plus: Changeable mounts give users options.  Options are good :)

Quoted:
It does have an "auto-off" feature set for 14 hours but it can be disabled.

14 hours for the optic to run, potentially not in use, is a heckuva long time.  I wonder if that implies a heckuva long runtime?

I was on the verge of buying a SIGOptics Romeo4M for my rifle, to replace the EOTech HWS I sent back for refund.  But, I think I'll have to wait for this and see how it pans out.  (Hopefully TEOTWAWKI doesn't occur in the meantime )
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#46]
This looks great for my first optic, for my 6920.  

Can't wait for it to come out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm looking forward to taking a good look at your sight as a replacement for my RDS Tru-dot (which replaced my Eotech). Since I have an astigmatism and Eotech's holographic sight fixed that problem for me, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your holographic sight will do so as well.

Two features I'd miss from my Tru-dot are the motion-detect off/on feature where after ten minutes with no motion the sight turns off.
Move it and it comes back on instantly. The other thing I appreciate is the well placed dial on the left rear of the sight to switch brightness levels (similar method to Aimpoints). I'd would be great to see these features incorporated into your next design.

I never liked using the brightness button on the back of the Eotech because of its poor ergonomics. Incorportating a dial would be a better solution but if that's not possible then the Elcon HCO method of putting brightness buttons on the left side would be more ergonomic than the Eotech/Vortex approach. Here's a link to what Elcan's approach looks like: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/29/shot-show-optics-elcan-holographic-combat-optic/  - scroll down to get a look.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Check out jet.com they have the True RDS for under 300.00
View Quote

Who let this guy in here?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I never liked using the brightness button on the back of the Eotech because of its poor ergonomics. Incorportating a dial would be a better solution but if that's not possible then the Elcon HCO method of putting brightness buttons on the left side would be more ergonomic than the Eotech/Vortex approach.
View Quote

The EOTech EXPS has buttons on the left.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The EOTech EXPS has buttons on the left.
View Quote

Having just recently returned my Eotech for a refund, at this point, I'm wary of anything they offer.
Page / 20
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top