Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2016 10:48:23 PM EDT
Been thinking about getting one of these....and have been following the EE and noticing that quite a few of them come up for sale.
On one hand, they seem to hold value as the price for a used one on EE isn't that much of a discount from buying one NIB from a retail outlet, on the other hand, seems like a lot of these come up for sale.....why?

I'd think if someone laid out $900-1000 for glass that the wouldn't be getting out of it unless they either sold their rifles, or found a better option for optics. Is there some issue with these that makes folks put them on the market soon after buying them? The ones I notice coming up for sale seem like-new with very light use. What's the back story on these?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
OST since I'm in the market for a decent scope for my Remington 700.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the FFP one on my Rem 700, love it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a FFP one on my Ruger Precision and I love it.  My guess is it's probably like everything else gun related, people buy and don't like it for personal reasons so they look to sell it off.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Get a Burris XTR2. It's a better scope and a better value.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one and sold it. I think there was a MAP price drop at some point. I got mine as a combo from Primary Arms with an adm mount for about $1K. I decided to get rid of t as it was just too much glass for my needs. When I listed it I realized that NIB ones were going for $750 from retailers. I see people asking $800+ for them in the EE and I just don't get it. I ended up flipping mine in the EE for $725 PLUS free shipping. I had the box, paperwork, ADM amount, scope (which was in 9/10 condition). I took a haircut on it.

The scope is great, but unless you're shooting long range you may be better served with a 4-16. The quality was definitely top notch. It matched up with my old Nightforce NXS 4-16 quality and I didn't notice a major difference until I got up into 20-24X, where it got slightly blurry along the edges. Vortex warranty is also unbeatable.  

TLDR: People selling them for more than they're worth. Nice scope, you'd be happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#6]
The ones that I have seen for sale lately seem to be the FFP.  My thoughts are that people like the FFP concept but when they get it in their hands it's not what they wanted it to be.  I could be wrong but that's just my theory.  I've been looking for a SFP for a while to go on a Grendel which is why I've have been paying attention.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies guys....I really like this scope...got to play with one at the LGS and physically confirmed all the things I liked about it in the online ads.
Now I just need to save some cash
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top