Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/7/2016 12:11:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like around $30 from Botach but backordered.  Looks like those are the opaque cover versions though.  Not sure what the MSRP is on the clear lids.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The clear cover models are sold exclusively through Trijicon and we are the ONLY distributor who will have them at first, we have plenty of the black and tan

The solid covers are sold exclusively through TangoDown and cost less because you cant see through them when they are closed....the see through clear caps are definitely the way to go, in sand or snow you can keep the caps closed to protect the glass but still see your dot!
View Quote

I always forget you guys are site sponsors.

Got any rebate codes?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn. Why don't they make T1 versions you can see through?!
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn. Why don't they make T1 versions you can see through?!
View Quote

If this one sells well, they probably will.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No worries!

Our price is as low as we can offer at the moment, the demand is insane and we are the only dealer/distributor who received anything from the first production run. We already discounted $10 below retail
View Quote

Sounds good. I get paid on the 16th, I'll be ordering if they're still in stock!
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you (Arms Unlimited) shipping the MRO covers yet? I placed an order on October 4th when your website listed them as in stock, and my account still lists the order as "processing" a week later. Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you (Arms Unlimited) shipping the MRO covers yet? I placed an order on October 4th when your website listed them as in stock, and my account still lists the order as "processing" a week later. Thank you in advance.
View Quote

I also placed a order on October 6th for the MRO cover & still haven't received a shipped confirmation email?!
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I also placed a order on October 6th for the MRO cover & still haven't received a shipped confirmation email?!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh. Thanks for the heads up. I absolutely hate that. If the item is in stock there is almost zero reason the item shouldn't be shipped within 24 hours IMO. There are places that do it and quite frankly I don't see it as excellent CS. I see it as simply the way it should be done.

There is almost no other scenario where you give someone money and they putz around with your product. This isn't Wimpy buying cheeseburgers. It's people paying hard earned money. It means they don't care. They'll say they do, but actions speak louder than words. I'm going through this now with a joke of a place called nokick. No shipping and they answered one email last week. Sick of places like this. Maybe I'm just getting bitter but unless PA or another outfit that's ships quickly sells something I won't buy it.

Sorry. It burns me up when places do this. It's worse when they try to serve up an excuse.

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#14]
dang....big money. Will pick one up..at some point
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone get these yet? Looking forward to some reviews.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Seems like around $30 from Botach but backordered.  Looks like those are the opaque cover versions though.  Not sure what the MSRP is on the clear lids.
View Quote

Saw this too. Noticed they offer all the options color and covers wise
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered on the Oct 3rd.

10 days later I sent an inquiry and got the below response.  Guess it was just smoke up the butt.

On Oct 13, 2016, at 11:57 AM, AU Sales <[email protected]> wrote:

We apologize for the delay .    I understand your concern but due to the large orders and high demand for this item it is taking our shipping department longer than expected.   Thank you for your patience and have a great day!

Thank you,

Arms Unlimited Staff

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Nm....
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:46:09 PM EDT
[#21]
RSR Group just got 50 of the clear cap versions in stock.  You can order them from Lanbo's, Exile or the like.  Both of those guys are $36ish plus 10 for shipping.  Just search for "TRAC31021"

That is the same part number that Trijicon lists as clear caps.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:57:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Only black with clear in stock at the warehouse
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The clear cover models are sold exclusively through Trijicon and we are the ONLY distributor who will have them at first, we have plenty of the black and tan

The solid covers are sold exclusively through TangoDown and cost less because you cant see through them when they are closed....the see through clear caps are definitely the way to go, in sand or snow you can keep the caps closed to protect the glass but still see your dot!
View Quote

Yep want the clear covers for mine..live in both sand and snow

MRO clear covers at Trijicon $59.99
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#25]
My Tangodown MRO covers finally arrived in the mail today, 3Nov2016—30 days after placing the order on 4Oct2016 with Arms Unlimited.

If you can put on your socks you should be able to install the cover on your MRO. Taking my time, it took about 30 seconds to install the cover. On the other hand, it took about 3 minutes to figure out how to get the protective film off the transparent cover inserts before inserting them into the cover. I ended up using my thumbnail to scratch the protective film face near one edge enough to be able to lift the rest of the film off the insert. Once I figured that trick out it was easy to remove the film. The only other trick to the entire installation was to double check that the transparent inserts were fully inserted into the cover by pushing around the entire edge of the glass and hearing a distinct snap when it locked into place.

The cover appears to be well made and the red dot is readily visible with or without the covers in place, and the elevation and windage dials are easily accessed for adjustment. Like the later Tangodown covers for the Aimpoint H1/T1, the two caps lock together on the left side when open. Locking the covers together or unlocking them is a 2-handed affair and I am not able to do either operation while maintaining a firing grip on the rifle. The cover does add some thickness to the body of the MRO and further protects the unit from bumps and bangs. But that material thickness also reduces the finger room available for adjusting the brightness of the red dot. It is still manageable, but it is not as easy to adjust as it is without the cover. If the MRO covers are as durable as the similar Aimpoint versions, they will be worth the $51 apiece I paid for them.

Interestingly, nowhere on the packaging or on the cover itself, is it marked Tangodown. It is strictly marked Trijicon and comes with a Trijicon sticker enclosed with the small instruction pamphlet.

This is the first time I have dealt with Arms Unlimited, and I do not know if long shipping times are typical, but Palmetto State Armory has never taken as long to ship in stock items as this order took. Based upon my experience, Unlimited Arms provides quality products but I would expect very slow shipments—consider yourself forewarned.

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 8:37:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My Tangodown MRO covers finally arrived in the mail today, 3Nov2016—30 days after placing the order on 4Oct2016 with Arms Unlimited.

If you can put on your socks you should be able to install the cover on your MRO. Taking my time, it took about 30 seconds to install the cover. On the other hand, it took about 3 minutes to figure out how to get the protective film off the transparent cover inserts before inserting them into the cover. I ended up using my thumbnail to scratch the protective film face near one edge enough to be able to lift the rest of the film off the insert. Once I figured that trick out it was easy to remove the film. The only other trick to the entire installation was to double check that the transparent inserts were fully inserted into the cover by pushing around the entire edge of the glass and hearing a distinct snap when it locked into place.

The cover appears to be well made and the red dot is readily visible with or without the covers in place, and the elevation and windage dials are easily accessed for adjustment. Like the later Tangodown covers for the Aimpoint H1/T1, the two caps lock together on the left side when open. Locking the covers together or unlocking them is a 2-handed affair and I am not able to do either operation while maintaining a firing grip on the rifle. The cover does add some thickness to the body of the MRO and further protects the unit from bumps and bangs. But that material thickness also reduces the finger room available for adjusting the brightness of the red dot. It is still manageable, but it is not as easy to adjust as it is without the cover. If the MRO covers are as durable as the similar Aimpoint versions, they will be worth the $51 apiece I paid for them.

Interestingly, nowhere on the packaging or on the cover itself, is it marked Tangodown. It is strictly marked Trijicon and comes with a Trijicon sticker enclosed with the small instruction pamphlet.

This is the first time I have dealt with Arms Unlimited, and I do not know if long shipping times are typical, but Palmetto State Armory has never taken as long to ship in stock items as this order took. Based upon my experience, Unlimited Arms provides quality products but I would expect very slow shipments—consider yourself forewarned.

<a href="http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/01fullauto/media/IMG_3512_zpswhoz4z64.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/01fullauto/IMG_3512_zpswhoz4z64.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/01fullauto/media/IMG_3512_zpswhoz4z64.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/01fullauto/IMG_3512_zpswhoz4z64.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/01fullauto/media/IMG_3510_zpsraoigpaz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/01fullauto/IMG_3510_zpsraoigpaz.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/01fullauto/media/IMG_3509_zpsj04xugcq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/01fullauto/IMG_3509_zpsj04xugcq.jpg</a>
View Quote

Thanks for the review.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

thanks for posting the detailed review!

we apologize for the delay on shipping these covers it is not typical we had to wait for inserts from Trijicon before we were allowed to ship them but as you can see no other dealers have these in stock yet!
View Quote

You keep saying you are the only ones to have them in stock yet, but this isn't true.  Anyone who uses the RSR feed on their store has been delivering these to customers, both black and fde with the clear caps.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You keep saying you are the only ones to have them in stock yet, but this isn't true.  Anyone who uses the RSR feed on their store has been delivering these to customers, both black and fde with the clear caps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
thanks for posting the detailed review!

we apologize for the delay on shipping these covers it is not typical we had to wait for inserts from Trijicon before we were allowed to ship them but as you can see no other dealers have these in stock yet!

So what other stores actually have them in stock?
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Exile Machine, Lanbo's and the other dozen or so other ones who buys from RSR Group (BIG distributor).  AU claims that they were the only ones getting them, and continue to claim they are the only retailer to have had them in stock - that just simply isn't true.

They have been in and out of stock several times at all of those stores.

I am also irritated because I ordered from AU on the first day they made them available and when it hadn't shipped for over 10 days they told me they were just running behind.  Then post on here a few weeks later about missing instructions causing the delay.  I cancelled my order with them after 30 days when I was able to order from someone else.

I ordered mine from Exile Machine for $37 and had it in my hands on Nov 1.  Shipping was 9.99 but I bought a few other things in the order.

Is it too much to expect a little bit of honesty from a retailer?  

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Exile Machine, Lanbo's and the other dozen or so other ones who buys from RSR Group (BIG distributor).  AU claims that they were the only ones getting them, and continue to claim they are the only retailer to have had them in stock - that just simply isn't true.

They have been in and out of stock several times at all of those stores.

I am also irritated because I ordered from AU on the first day they made them available and when it hadn't shipped for over 10 days they told me they were just running behind.  Then post on here a few weeks later about missing instructions causing the delay.  I cancelled my order with them after 30 days when I was able to order from someone else.

I ordered mine from Exile Machine for $37 and had it in my hands on Nov 1.  Shipping was 9.99 but I bought a few other things in the order.

Is it too much to expect a little bit of honesty from a retailer?  

View Quote

Lanbo only had black. Did exile or anyone else have fde?
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone who uses RSR's inventory feed on their store shows the same items in stock (unless a retailer can't sell x brand for whatever reason).

I can't say with any certainty, but I thought I saw FDE was in stock at one point.  I do know the initial supply of 50 black covers sold out and then came back in stock a day or two later, and thats when I thought I saw FDE in stock too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Well I checked all the retailers you listed. EVERYONE is out of stock. And won't let you order. Not black or fde. The only people who show them in stock and shipping and available to purchase is arms.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#34]
You are missing the point.

AU has said numerous times in this thread they were the only retailer that was going to have them.  And despite being proven otherwise, they continue to say so.

Yes its true, they may be the only ones to list them in stock at this time.  But they were certainly not ever the only retailer to ever have them.

They took orders for them on 10/3.  Almost 30 days before they started shipping them.  Constantly claimed they were the only ones getting them.  Then said the shipping delay was due to demand, then said it was due to needing instructions.  Then coincidentally, while still claiming they were the only ones getting the clear capped versions, several RSR backed retailers were shipping them the same time as when AU finally did.

I've spent several thousand dollars at AU this year, so don't think I'm on some sort of witch hunt.  I just hate when retailers think their customers are stupid and pull this DNC type shit.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You are missing the point.

AU has said numerous times in this thread they were the only retailer that was going to have them.  And despite being proven otherwise, they continue to say so.

Yes its true, they may be the only ones to list them in stock at this time.  But they were certainly not ever the only retailer to ever have them.

They took orders for them on 10/3.  Almost 30 days before they started shipping them.  Constantly claimed they were the only ones getting them.  Then said the shipping delay was due to demand, then said it was due to needing instructions.  Then coincidentally, while still claiming they were the only ones getting the clear capped versions, several RSR backed retailers were shipping them the same time as when AU finally did.

I've spent several thousand dollars at AU this year, so don't think I'm on some sort of witch hunt.  I just hate when retailers think their customers are stupid and pull this DNC type shit.
View Quote

I hear what your saying. I agree the str8 story is always wanted. But what your saying isn't correct at all. No other source has these in stock and shipping. I spoke work lanbo. They've never had the clear covers in stock. They had the black solid. That's it. So again. If you can point me in the direction of a source that actually has these or even HAD them in stock officially I'd be blown away. Because at this point. No other retailers I've contacted (including the ones you listed) have confirmed they ever had them in stock and shipping. Only AU has.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#37]

There is a retailer on Ebay who has both colors right now.
Botach has black in stock.

I ordered from Exile machine.  I ordered it on the 26th and had it in my hands on Nov 1st.

Just about anyone who uses RSR just has them drop ship, Lanbo's included.  So he wouldn't of had it in his physical inventory or even known it was in stock at RSR unless he checked.  Trust me, it was in stock at both places when I posted about it in this thread on the 26th. (I even got it before someone who ordered it from AU on the 10/4!)

The only reason I ordered it from Exile and not Lanbo's is because I needed some Glock parts, which Lanbo's doesn't get in their inventory feed from RSR from some reason.

Look at the part number. (TRAC31021).  That is the part number for the clear caps.

And here it is in my hands on Nov 1st.

Ironically, the MRO and Larue mount combo was purchased from AU!

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#39]
No, what I keep insisting is you aren't the only one on the planet to have ever had these in stock.

My purchase from Exile is proof of that.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Unbelievable.

Are you now saying I am lying and I did not order and RECEIVE one from Exile Machine?

Yes, RSR Group is currently out of stock.  But they DID have them in stock.  Thats how I got mine through Exile.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#43]

For the LAST time.  You ARE NOT the only retailer to ever have these in stock.

Stop your bull shit lies.

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Jesus Christ dude let it go!
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#45]
no longer technical, in need of a staff review
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#46]
unlocked
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#48]

Thanks for the pic of the fde one lol. Nice to see a real pic
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I got black, the picture is in this thread somewhere.

edit - sarcasm detected.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I got black, the picture is in this thread somewhere.  

edit - sarcasm detected.
View Quote

I actually meant the little booklet. That's the first picture of the fde I've seen mounted
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top