Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 9:11:51 PM EDT
Despite a lot of googling, I can't find what I'm looking for. Maybe it doesn't exist. If it does, I'm hoping one of the many knowledgeable folks on here can direct me to it.

Need:
-  5-7x upper end magnification. Fixed 6x preferred.
-  If variable, FFP reticle
-  "Close enough" ballistic reticle for 5.56 with both range and windage hold points to 600 yd, and some form of ranging
-  Under 16 oz. mounted
-  Mounts above the rail (no D-EVO)
-  Under $1500

Want:
-  Capped turrets
-  Ballistic reticle matches 69gr SMK at 2620 fps
-  Mil ranging option in the reticle
-  35mm or smaller objective
-  Under $750
-  Illumination

This will be run in conjunction with an offset RDS.

What I've figured out so far:
-  TA31 ACOG at 6x instead of 4x would be about right with a custom reticle
-  Leupold VX-R 2-7 is close, except for the reticle: SFP and no wind holds or ranging
-  I might have to settle for a 1-6 that is heavier than I "need"

For those who would try to widen the scope () of my search, I'll try to explain more. But I've thought through the list carefully.

Many thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

ETA : not made for 69 gr SMK.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Leupold VX6 Multigun CDS.  Get custom CDS turret for your load or use one of the two reticles available if they are close.  Light, clear, and in your price range.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Ask the Leupold custom shop if they can get you the reticle you want and send in for a swap out
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
So I put your load into strelok and it looks like the CMR2 from leupold will work. Also note this is with my atmospheric conditions (temp, alt, etc). It required a 50 yard zero than to add a full MOA of elevation adjustment.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nothing is.  He'll have to find something close, or a mil-ladder.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all for your input. Especially to Alaskanforfreedom for running those numbers.

Sounds like Leupold custom shop is my one small chance. Their CM-RW reticle does have 10mph and 20mph windage holds. It's just not usually available in the VX-6 1-6, from what I can see. And even then, it will be a little over my weight "need".

There must be some good reason no one else wants what I'm wanting!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top