Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 4:15:54 PM EDT
Came across this today - looks like it will be out in a couple of months, and they are giving a mount away with it.

Atibal XP8 Introductory Offer - $400 w/ mount

I've been looking at a bunch of 1x* optics with capped turrets in a 30mm body and came across this.

Anybody have other experience with other Atibal Optics
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:10:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I just came across their 1-4x Striiker today. Lots of good reviews. That 1-8x seems almost too good to be true.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:49:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably Chinese.

Which means shit, as in junk.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably Chinese.

View Quote

So Vortex is also junk?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Probably Chinese.

View Quote

I'm thinking this too, I have a hard time thinking a $400 1-8 will be decent. If you truly wanted the 1-8, I have a feeling the $300 vortex strike eagle, or PA 1-6x optics would be just as well and they already have a reputation going for them. OP do as you wish however.

ETA: they have a 30 day money back guarantee.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks very similar to the Primary Arms 1-8x.  Probably made the same place.

https://www.atibalsights.com/pages/warranty

HOME › ATIBAL WARRANTY
ATIBAL WARRANTY

ATIBAL’s number one priority is exceptional customer service. ATIBAL warrants every product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a up 1 year or a lifetime warranty dependent on the model from the original date of purchase. All costs that are associated with the product shipment will be incurred by the owner. ATIBAL products, to be refunded or replaced under the warranty service, must be returned in original packaging with original accessories and must include your completed Return Authorization Request Form.

This warranty does not cover defects caused by opening the optic or improper handling (which includes stripping, stripping of screws and broken elevation and windage adjustments due to overturning), installation or maintenance, abnormal use or unapproved alterations. ATIBAL shall not, in any event, be liable for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or any other incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use such products. This warranty gives the owner certain legal rights, and possibly other rights, which vary from state to state.

The one year warranty is offered on the following ATIBAL models: AT-01B, AT-AGB, AT-AGB2, AT-AGG, AT-AG-AFG, AT-AG-TFG, AT-AG-BFG.

This warranty does not cover defects caused by opening the optic or improper handling (which includes stripping, stripping of screws and broken elevation and windage adjustments due to overturning), installation or maintenance, abnormal use or unapproved alterations. ATIBAL shall not, in any event, be liable for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or any other incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use such products. This warranty gives the owner certain legal rights, and possibly other rights, which vary from state to state.

The lifetime warranty is offered on the following ATIBAL models: Velocity 1-4x, Striiker 1-4, Tactical Precision Mounts, 4X32 AT-AGB GEN 2, AT-MCRD, AT-NVRD, AT-MRD, Element, AT-M15 Magnifier (Does not include mount)

If you need to inquire about our warranty or would like to replace or return an ATIBAL product, email us at [email protected] for a Return Authorization Request Form.

Satisfaction Guaranteed

Buy with a peace of mind.  All products are all backed with a 30 day money back guarantee.  No restocking fees
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I may give that 1-4x a try at only $220.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one of thier scopes. Don't remember the model really as it went back in the box the day I got it. Heavy as hell, huge on the rifle. Tube was full of dust, illumination lit up the whole county. Finish was meh.

I got a full refund no questions asked and had a good conversation with the owner.

Yes, his optics are Chinese made but he is trying to find that magic spot between affordability and quality. Really nice guy. The 1x variables by his word were supposed to be Japanese made and a little more expensive. But on par with much bigger dogs.

I wish him the best but probably won't purchase again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#8]
The PA and Atibal 1-8 are from the same OEM.

I haven't handled either, but the owner from Atibal says he asked the manufacturer to include better quality glass than the PA and of course a different reticle and lifetime warranty.

And he will take care of you if something screws up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I would buy the 1-8 from Primary Arms, if I want a budget 1-8 scope. Marshall has built a good solid reputation. At least the owner of Atibal has a 30 day money back guarantee and stands behind that.

I don't have a problem with the current crop of Chinese optics, they are a lot better than what they used to be. Just look at the Vortex Strike Eagle, not a bad scope for the money.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would buy the 1-8 from Primary Arms, if I want a budget 1-8 scope. Marshall has built a good solid reputation.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So Vortex is also junk?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably Chinese.

So Vortex is also junk?

Their Chinese stuff? Yes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably Chinese.

So Vortex is also junk?

Have you used a Vortex Strike Eagle? I shot 2 stages of a match with one I borrowed when rifle went down. I'm kind of a scope snob, but the Strike Eagle was a hell of the scope for the money. Was it as perfect as my Razor, no, but my Razor is a $1000 more. If I was buying a scope for 3 gun today I would not problem buying a Stike Eagle.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Have you used a Vortex Strike Eagle? I shot 2 stages of a match with one I borrowed when rifle went down. I'm kind of a scope snob, but the Strike Eagle was a hell of the scope for the money. Was it as perfect as my Razor, no, but my Razor is a $1000 more. If I was buying a scope for 3 gun today I would not problem buying a Stike Eagle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably Chinese.

So Vortex is also junk?

Yes. These two are new replacements for two that had problems. First one had illumination issues, the other wouldn't hold zero. I get the concept of getting as many features as you can for your money, but I won't be doing Chinese optics again. I had a Millet 1-4 that came out back in the day (one of the first 1-4s, I forget the name) total junk. Glass sucks, fisheye, and something inside the scope broke where it looked liked spider webs on the glass. My buddy has a Vortex Strikefire break; the illumination adjustment stopped working. I'm sure I have more examples if I think harder. Point is the more features are crammed into a scope while staying within a low price point, the worse the product gets. People who say "the glass is decent" have only looked through them during the day. Go out out dusk, and cheap scopes leave a lot to be desired.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://i65.tinypic.com/fnvdia.jpg

Yes. These two are new replacements for two that had problems. First one had illumination issues, the other wouldn't hold zero. I get the concept of getting as many features as you can for your money, but I won't be doing Chinese optics again. I had a Millet 1-4 that came out back in the day (one of the first 1-4s, I forget the name) total junk. Glass sucks, fisheye, and something inside the scope broke where it looked liked spider webs on the glass. My buddy has a Vortex Strikefire break; the illumination adjustment stopped working. I'm sure I have more examples if I think harder. Point is the more features are crammed into a scope while staying within a low price point, the worse the product gets. People who say "the glass is decent" have only looked through them during the day. Go out out dusk, and cheap scopes leave a lot to be desired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably Chinese.

So Vortex is also junk?

http://i65.tinypic.com/fnvdia.jpg

Then buy the Razor HD, I don't expect the Strike Eagle to be equal to the Razor, but for about a quarter of the price it's pretty good. At least Vortex took care of the scopes for you and didn't jerk you around.

I'm not trying to be an asshole but scopes are like tools there is a place for high end and budget. Just like Snap On tools and Hargbor Freight, for the weekend guy Harbor Freight is great, but for 50 hours a week Snap On are a lot nicer.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top