User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 10:37:11 AM EDT
Title pretty much says it all.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I would level it like I do any other reticle - clamp the rifle into my fixture, level the receiver, install scope and then orient the vertical "post" in the reticle to be coincident with a length of paracord I've hung up with a heavy fishing sinker on one end (poor man's plumb line/bob).

If the receiver is level with respect to the earth (determined with a spirit level), then plumb line is certainly level with respect to the earth (thanks to gravity).  Once you've lined up the vertical with the plumb line, the horizontal portion of the reticle must also be level.

Am I missing something in your question?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I looked this scope up on the Internet and I see nothing special about it so I may be missing something.  This is what I use for leveling my scopes: http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/sight-scope-installation-tools/scope-reticle-levelers/retical-leveling-system-prod56977.aspx      Works pretty well once one gets the hang of it.  Instructions are pretty good, but not perfect for a first time user.  Needed more explanation for me.  But after doing a few installations- proverbial easy as pie.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I like to set it on 1x point it at a white wall and rotate the scope so that the vertical crosshair appears to intersect the A2 post. I've had good luck with this method so far.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I use the Clinometer app to help match the upper and scope inclination.
Or, you could also get the Arisaka scope leveling kit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I would do it with a plumb bob, just like every other scope I own.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked this scope up on the Internet and I see nothing special about it so I may be missing something.  This is what I use for leveling my scopes: http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/sight-scope-installation-tools/scope-reticle-levelers/retical-leveling-system-prod56977.aspx      Works pretty well once one gets the hang of it.  Instructions are pretty good, but not perfect for a first time user.  Needed more explanation for me.  But after doing a few installations- proverbial easy as pie.  
View Quote

Best investment I ever made.

Mounted many scopes with it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I still use a deck of cards under the turret housing...like shims or feeler gauges.  Just cram them under it until you can't get anymore in there and tighten the scope down. I do however verify it with levels after tightening
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Please post a pic of the reticle.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it the 1.5-6? Tell us about the scope. Do you like it, how is the field of view?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Feeler gauge on the flat on the bottom of the scope works great.  David
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#11]
this is one of the ones i like but it does not work on every scope set up.

http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/optic-accessories/mounting-tools/optic-leveler-combo-kit-prod81677.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=ARISAKA+DEFENSE
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top